Using Nadia

Ramahospitality

I'm not sure if this will be much help as I'm heal spec so it makes fighting with her much easier. Usually all I ever do is throw a bubble and a HoT on her and send her in. For packs of regular enemies I try to time my force quake to sync up when she uses wild force. This will usually kill any weak enemies and nearly kill most regular strength ones. Only annoying thing she will do is user her knockback and knock the enemies out of your forcequake.

For packs with Silver (strong) enemies in them I will again bubble and HoT, send in at the weak enemies first and help her burn them down quick as possible (which is pretty quick) then focus on the strong. I don't bother with CC, I just let her do her thing. You should still be able to burn through the pack before either of you are in serious danger.

Gold elites are the only ones where I will have to toss her an extra heal but even then they will drop fast enough before it becomes a problem.

For gear, all I ever did was give her my hand-me-downs whenever I upgraded something. At level 50 I started doing the dailies and got her some of the purple resolve armoring and hilt from the vendor and it just helps her burn through things all that much faster.

Initially, I would use quest rewards and GTN to gear Nadia, and keep refreshing her gear every 5 lvls or so as you progress with the best you can find. That really helps with her when leveling.

At 50 the game changes and you want to kit her out in orange gear and mods or crafted purples. Then if and when you get into raiding can gear her quite easily now in rakata. Nadia geared in Rakata is pretty good for doing PvE dailies, needs very little healing as dps sage.

Edited by Ewgal

Giving her +defense gear may be worth it, since that will just let her take fewer hits. But I'm pretty sure she doesn't use a shield generator or have a +shield chance tank stance, so shield/absorb gear isn't going to help much.

I've seen a little talk about gearing her with defensive stats. I really didn't know what to think about that. I'm guessing that if your a dps spec and don't have that HoT that this might be necessary.

I use the HoT as more of a safety net and to keep her health topped off but it really isn't a make or break thing for using her. You don't need it.

Maybe you could give a little more info like your level, gear, and what types of things you are trying to do that are giving you problems.

I don't raid or do anything special. All my gear is just normal stuff with the exception of the stuff I crafted for myself that has augment slots. The only thing that gives me an edge is that I have a bunch of alts and like to work on companion affection (and also have a lvl 50 human) so I have a little over 500 presence. Maybe work on maxing out the affection for the companions for your consular? The boost to presence helps a bit.

Running as DPS with a DPS companion, stuff should be dying pretty quickly. Also when fighting tougher enemies, make sure you are making smart use of stuns, interrupts, and cooldowns.

I'm a fresh 50, TK Sage. Talents are 3/32/6.

When I first attempted to use Nadia Grell, I had just got her. So it might have just been a presence thing. I've gotten her affection pretty high with gifts (basically the conversation after the kiss). So I guess I'll try gearing up through synthweaving and GTN then try her out on Correlia.

Any advice though regarding using her this way or any other is extremely helpful.

Edited by Ramahospitality

I'm a TK Sage. I love Qyzen and all but I've looked foward to having Nadia as a companion since starting the character. I really want to use Nadia Grell but have issues with her in combat. Can anyone tell me a way to gear her and fight with her?

Nadia is a pure DPS campanion, basicly equal to a DPS Shadow. Stats wise, Primary stats is Willpower for Offence and Endurance for Defence. Secondary its recommanded to have Critical Rating and Surge Rating. I know these stats work well, because I play a Shadow and my main companion is Nadia.

In the way of combat, its best for you to attack first so she will attack your target. Everything should be turn on and she destory all your targets fairly quickly. She sometimes can take down an elite mob faster than my Shadow Tank Hybrid can.

Edited by JediMasterBurst

I'm a fresh 50, TK Sage. Talents are 3/32/6.

When I first attempted to use Nadia Grell, I had just got her. So it might have just been a presence thing. I've gotten her affection pretty high with gifts (basically the conversation after the kiss). So I guess I'll try gearing up through synthweaving and GTN then try her out on Ilum.

Any advice though regarding using her this way or any other is extremely helpful.

Like was said already she is pure DPS so the best way to use her is to focus your and her DPS on a target and blow it up fast. Since you don't have heals and she is not a tank, the goal for you and her is to burn down the enemies as quick as possible.

If you don't already, make sure she is wearing orange gear and put mods in them that are at least equal to your own. As a fresh level 50 her willpower should at least be 1000 if you've been gearing her up along the way as you level.

Then pay attention to the mobs too. Some strong enemies don't do that much damage but then you'll run into one that casts something that is crazy OP like forcestorm and your companion nearly gets wiped out from it. So make good use of stuns, interrupts, and cooldowns.

Thank you all for your help. After gearing Nadia and using her as a dps I have been greatly put at ease. I think the reason I was so put off when I first used her had to do with presence and gear. Playing with her is also SO much different from Qyzen. You can be lazy with Qyzen, but with Nadia you have to pay attention, with interrupts and shields, etc.. I actually like that we have to be more on guard with Nadia, I find that leveling is more fun when you actually have to pay attention to fights.

I do have another question though, should I go with Crit on her or power?

Edited by Ramahospitality

don't make her a tank, she's a face melter. better off letting her rip apart your foes and heal for a few seconds after 3 or 4 pulls. just get her in orange to start and plug her with every heroic reward mod you don't need or if you're leveling, take the dps set quest rewards when the other option isn't necessarily an upgrade for you.

then again, i'm a shadow tank, have her in tionese or better and barely have to stop running through dailies. she's more fun than theran anyway. plus, i'm more a fan of quick, nasty battles while maybe havin to pop a trink occasionally, over slow god-mode with my healer out.

so I really just came here to put a notch on the Nadia fan club...

Edited by kaydo_