Good read

XadennX

4chan isnt exactly reliable, but this story I would believe. I know blizzard does the exact same thing as well as many other non gaming companies have people write "reviews" of products and services to boost opinions. I love this game dont get me wrong, but I am no fan of EA, honestly I think this game would have been better produced under a different company.

Egh, this is the old mindset that if anyone disagrees with me they must be spies for the other side.

I'm not saying anyone is stupid in these debates, but when people throw around conspiracies I like to think that we shouldn't suspect evil where stupidity is a perfectly good explanation. Just because someone badmouths EA doesn't make them paid by the competition, and vice versa for those defending.

Egh, this is the old mindset that if anyone disagrees with me they must be spies for the other side.

I'm not saying anyone is stupid in these debates, but when people throw around conspiracies I like to think that we shouldn't suspect evil where stupidity is a perfectly good explanation. Just because someone badmouths EA doesn't make them paid by the competition, and vice versa for those defending.

No one is saying everyone is, but certain reviews are paid by the competition to be negative and some posters in various forums are in fact bad mouthing the competition because they either work for the company or they do it out of loyalty. In any case, it's insincere criticism with the intent to cause harm for someone else. When 2 people agree to do it, it's a conspiracy, look up the meaning of the word and stop throwing the word around as an automatic dismissal. When 2 or more agree to do something that harms another person, they conspire to do so.

It's kind of sleezy but I don't doubt what this guy says - and I think companies would be crazy not to try to generate buzz for their products using social media, even if that means priming the pump themselves.

Greetings!

We ask that threads made in General Discussion center on discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this thread is not related to the game or another part of the service, we have closed it. Thanks for understanding!