PvP complaints, are they founded?

Drakinor

Maybe its just me but 99% of the PvP complaints I see really dont appear to have a solid basis. Examples are nerf X class (no real reason given other than they are "OP"), too many stuns!! take them out, or low levels ruing my 10-49 pvp!! From what I have seen from personal experience is that balance is fine, its not 1v1 nor should it EVER be, 10-49 bracket is fine as far as levels go, and being stunlocked in this game is not nearly as bad as many others. The issue I DO see is that often times in PUG pvp people do not work together, work toward objectives, or use any common sense.

When I group with guildies we typically win unless faced with a superior premade (and even then its typically close) In PUGs however I often see people literally following the old penny arcade WSG comic. Cant find link but pretty much shows people running around the map doing random things like picking flowers and chasing butterflies or eating grasshoppers. When you do novare coast for instance and 6 people go east/west at the beginning of the match and then split so 3 stay 3 go to opposite side and 2 are trying to take south your gonna get pwned, or in alderaan when 5 people are guarding snow/grass while you have only 1 turret you will lose, VS everyone guarding one door and leaving other one open or like wise attacking both doors randomly with no plan, or in huttball when often times people dont go for ball/carrier but rather just run around attacking random people.

The games programming isnt the issue from what I have personally seen in PvP but extremely poor player ability is. Am I alone in this observation? The only other thing I dislike is having PvP only stats (expertise) that force people to chose either PvP or PvE, at least they added recruit gear at 50 so you dont get one shotted for 10 matchs to afford your first piece lol.

Does it really matter if you or I think the complaints are founded? It really only matters to the person making the complaint, and based on what I've seen in game, and on forums, people, for whatever reason, are not happy, and ultimately that's all that matters.

Does it really matter if you or I think the complaints are founded? It really only matters to the person making the complaint, and based on what I've seen in game, and on forums, people, for whatever reason, are not happy, and ultimately that's all that matters.

You make a very valid point, forums at least. I dont see to many complaints in game at lease (other than the occasional OMG that guy is hacking!!!) And on that note why do I get accused of hacking when I get the unstoppable thing. I usually pvp on my tank powertech and with a guildie healer i can fight off two or three people at a time, but some how because people are too stupid to attack the healer I hack:P

Maybe its just me but 99% of the PvP complaints I see really dont appear to have a solid basis. Examples are nerf X class (no real reason given other than they are "OP"), too many stuns!! take them out, or low levels ruing my 10-49 pvp!! From what I have seen from personal experience is that balance is fine, its not 1v1 nor should it EVER be, 10-49 bracket is fine as far as levels go, and being stunlocked in this game is not nearly as bad as many others. The issue I DO see is that often times in PUG pvp people do not work together, work toward objectives, or use any common sense.

When I group with guildies we typically win unless faced with a superior premade (and even then its typically close) In PUGs however I often see people literally following the old penny arcade WSG comic. Cant find link but pretty much shows people running around the map doing random things like picking flowers and chasing butterflies or eating grasshoppers. When you do novare coast for instance and 6 people go east/west at the beginning of the match and then split so 3 stay 3 go to opposite side and 2 are trying to take south your gonna get pwned, or in alderaan when 5 people are guarding snow/grass while you have only 1 turret you will lose, VS everyone guarding one door and leaving other one open or like wise attacking both doors randomly with no plan, or in huttball when often times people dont go for ball/carrier but rather just run around attacking random people.

The games programming isnt the issue from what I have personally seen in PvP but extremely poor player ability is. Am I alone in this observation? The only other thing I dislike is having PvP only stats (expertise) that force people to chose either PvP or PvE, at least they added recruit gear at 50 so you dont get one shotted for 10 matchs to afford your first piece lol.

I think your many complaints about PvP and PvP complaints are unfounded! :sul_tongue:

Which begs the larger question, will anyone, anywhere, truly ever be happy? :)

No game is 100% balanced.

Therefore this game is not 100% balanced.

So some PvP complaints must be warrented where the game is not balanced.

People will also complain about anything.

Therefore some PvP complaints are not warranted.

So in conclusion some complaints are warranted and some are not warranted and making generalizations that all PvP complaints are unfounded based on your limited personal experience is false.

/thread.

Edited by Gidoru

No game is 100% balanced.

Therefore this game is not 100% balanced.

So some PvP complaints must be warrented where the game is not balanced.

People will also complain about anything.

Therefore some PvP complaints are not warranted.

So in conclusion some complaints are warranted and some are not warranted and making generalizations that all PvP complaints are unfounded based on your limited personal experience is false.

/thread.

I dont believe I said all, but many and did not state as fact my point of view but as a point of view, so who infact is generalizing? Also I am fairly certain I mentioned a few key points as well.

I dont believe I said all, but many and did not state as fact my point of view but as a point of view, so who infact is generalizing? Also I am fairly certain I mentioned a few key points as well.

Your 'point of view' does not encompass all of what is happening or happens. Simply because you tend to witness and take particular notice of some bad players in your own experiences with the game does not mean the game is not unbalanced.

Even if you did for some reason witness nothing but terrible players or even if every single player in SWTOR was terrible, it still would not mean that the game is not unbalanced. You might not be able to tell given that everyone is terrible, but that doesnt mean underlying imbalances wouldnt still exist.

Edited by Gidoru

Your 'point of view' does not encompass all of what is happening or happens. Simply because you tend to witness and take particular notice of some bad players in your own experiences with the game does not mean the game is not unbalanced.

Even if you did for some reason witness nothing but terrible players or even if every single player in SWTOR was terrible, it still would not mean that the game is not unbalanced. You might not be able to tell given that everyone is terrible, but that doesnt mean underlying imbalances dont exist.

You are completely missing the entire point of my post. I didnt say that everything was 100% perfectly balanced, I said balance is fine, as in it doesnt need to be changed. Balance is never 100% achievable and should not be 1v1 like everyone thinks, and again I stated my point of view and never said it encompasses all of what is happening, where you are getting that is beyond me. Please re read my post thoroughly before reposting.

The entire point of my post was that people are complaining about petty, insignificant, or non issues, or things that simply cannot be done (like perfect balancing) I never said all complaints are invalid, I never said my point of view covered it all I used it as a reference. Please ensure you comprehend what I am saying before trying to call me out. If something I said is unclear I will gladly clarify and discuss.