Nightmare Pilgrim Loot Drop

Okay I did Nightmare Pilgrim for the first time last night and it was fun.

It took 4 tries, but we only wiped twice - the other 2 we just rank like heck and let our main tank keep aggro while we caused NP to despawn by going 100m away.

Some things that surprised me:

A) the Exulted Victory buff timer includes when you are logged out (I guess that's to prevent you from using it when you fight NP 5 days later).

B) 2 Campaign boots for 16 people? That means we have to do it a MINIMUM of 8 time to get everyone Campaign Boots!

At this point I'm just going to grab some mods from a duplicate gear piece from HM EC and put a piece of Black Hole armouring in my augmented boots. Clearly BW expects us to mix and match BH and Campaign gear for our boots if they design the loot that way.

I don't have a problem with having to mix and match gear - when I did Nightmare EV I had mostly Columi but I'd minimaxed via duplicates so my Crit/Surge, WIll and Power were better than if I'd just had 5/5 Rakata Force-Mystic (man do the stats on that set not work well for healing :rolleyes:).

Okay I did Nightmare Pilgrim for the first time last night and it was fun.

It took 4 tries, but we only wiped twice - the other 2 we just rank like heck and let our main tank keep aggro while we caused NP to despawn by going 100m away.

Some things that surprised me:

A) the Exulted Victory buff timer includes when you are logged out (I guess that's to prevent you from using it when you fight NP 5 days later).

B) 2 Campaign boots for 16 people? That means we have to do it a MINIMUM of 8 time to get everyone Campaign Boots!

At this point I'm just going to grab some mods from a duplicate gear piece from HM EC and put a piece of Black Hole armouring in my augmented boots. Clearly BW expects us to mix and match BH and Campaign gear for our boots if they design the loot that way.

I don't have a problem with having to mix and match gear - when I did Nightmare EV I had mostly Columi but I'd minimaxed via duplicates so my Crit/Surge, WIll and Power were better than if I'd just had 5/5 Rakata Force-Mystic (man do the stats on that set not work well for healing :rolleyes:).

all of EC HM drops 2 pieces for a 16 man per boss...

all of EC HM drops 2 pieces for a 16 man per boss...

Along this line of thinking... 16 man HM drops 2 gear tokens of 2 slots per boss. I believe 8 man HM drops 1 token of 2 slots per boss? So... 16/2 = 8 weeks to get everybody a token for each slot. 8/1 = 8 weeks to get everybody a token for each slot. It's pretty par for the course :)

As for the buff, I think it doesn't go away so it prevents you from taking advantage of it too much. It encourages you to log in or stay logged and DO THINGS. For example, we go do nightmare pilgrim and then do EC right after so we have the buff :)

Edited by Inzi

Even though it takes 8 weeks for entire groups of 8 and 16 man to get full Campaign gear, it shouldn't take as long before those same groups have level 61 gear across the board due to Black Hole commendations. Despite the shell not having a bonus, players can still stuff the mods into a pre-1.2 endgame shell and get the bonus anyway. With 1.3 making it possible to augment the pre-1.2 endgame shells, this will be a very viable strategy for getting full level 61 gear. Edited by ImmortalAlien

Even though it takes 8 weeks for entire groups of 8 and 16 man to get full Campaign gear, it shouldn't take as long before those same groups have level 61 gear across the board due to Black Hole commendations. Despite the shell not having a bonus, players can still stuff the mods into a pre-1.2 endgame shell and get the bonus anyway. With 1.3 making it possible to augment the pre-1.2 endgame shells, this will be a very viable strategy for getting full level 61 gear.

It will actually be necessary to fully min-max in some cases. Take the example of a Sage healer: two pieces of the Campaign Force Mystic set have an armouring slot that prioritises endurance over willpower. So to complete the four piece set bonus you'd want to use a tier 1 shell and put black hole armouring in.

It will actually be necessary to fully min-max in some cases. Take the example of a Sage healer: two pieces of the Campaign Force Mystic set have an armouring slot that prioritises endurance over willpower. So to complete the four piece set bonus you'd want to use a tier 1 shell and put black hole armouring in.

I've noticed that when planning to gear my Sniper with Campaign/Black Hole gear. While the added survivability is nice, the minimum HP required for most of the fights in EC HM seems to be 17k, which is easily met with main stat heavy armorings in Rakata gear.