Martix Cube (low level 15,24) availiability... (*spoilers*)

Missandei

Ok, there is possibility to make a low level Matrix Cube.

For level 15 cube you have to have 3 different shards.

For level 24 cube you have to have 2 shards of same color and 1 different.

So, can a honest player make a Matrix Cube while leveling?

Lets see..

For Reps (Jedi) you can get:

Blue shard at Tython

For Reps (Trooper/Smuggler) you can get:

On Ord Mantell you get Red shard

Leveling further..

Yellow shard at Coruscant

Green shard at Taris

By completing Taris you will be level 17-20..

So you can make level 15 Matrix Cube..

Consider Jedis:

with «Blue, Yellow, Green» this is «14 Endurance, 11 Strength (M2-W1)»

So this is a great help for Consular (Willpower Main stat)..

And you get for «Red Yellow Green» «8 Endurance, 18 Willpower (M2-W1)».. Trooper and Smugglers are happy.. (Aim/Cunning Main stat)

But lets move on..

at Nar Shadda you get Yellow Shard..

At Tatoine you get Blue Shard..

And after that you possibly be over the level 25 so you can make next tier Matrix Cube..

Lets see..

For Jedis (Strength,Willpower main stats) available options are:

Blue Yellow Yellow = 19 Aim, 24 Endurance

Green Yellow Yellow = 14 Endurance, 28 Cunning

No luck for Jedis..

For Troopers/Smugglers (Aim/Cunning Main stat) options are:

Red Yellow Yellow = 19 Strength, 24 Endurance

Green Yellow Yellow = 14 Endurance, 28 Cunning

Smuggler are only one who can benefit from it..

Next Matrix Cube tier is level 32..

But next Shards you can get only when you are have leveled you char to the 40-42 level..

Nevertheless lets find out what are Matrix Cube 32 are usefull for..

At Hoth (37-40lvl) you are get Red shard

At Belsavis (41-44) you get Green shard..

Options for Jedis (Strength,Willpower main stats):

Red Green Green = 23 Endurance, 39 Cunning

Yellow Green Green = 29 Strength, 33 Endurance

Blue Green Green = 29 Aim, 33 Endurance

So, Consulars are get naught..

Options for Trooper/Smuggler (Aim/Cunning Main stat):

Yellow Red Red = 29 Strength, 33 Endurance

Blue Red Red = 33 Endurance, 29 Willpower

Green Red Red = 39 Aim, 23 Endurance

Red Green Green = 23 Endurance, 39 Cunning

Yellow Green Green = 29 Strength, 33 Endurance

Blue Green Green = 29 Aim, 33 Endurance

Is it some major flaw in game design?

Or jedis are intentionally limited by Matrix Cubes?

Yes, sure you can visit Ord Mantell/Tython when you get your ship, but what is the storyline point of visiting none-home-planet and exploring the wilds byitself?

Edited by Missandei

Yeah, being as my two primary characters are a Jedi Sentinel and a Jedi Sage I was bit miffed by the whole Matrix Cube system. I mean the construction is in the Jedi temple after all yet it's designed more for Troopers and Smugglers. Go figure.

Yes the shards are not all available pre-level-requriment. But that doesn't mean the system is useless. First of all you don't have to go linear through the content - whatever some people say. So when you start Taris, grab the green dhard and can go back to Coruscant whenever you want to make the cube. You can always make a direct journey for the shard, into yet-undiscovered areas if you really want that cube.

But even if you go strictly forward, getting the shard when you reach them in your questing, atill worth it. At low level, you most likely won't have any other relics, or if you do, the Shard relics are most likely stronger. If you manage to get the lvl15 cube at lvl20-24 it's still great to use, not grown out at all.

As you get to the space station you can take the shuttle to the other origin world. I did. Simply to explore it and get its datacrons. You do not need to wait to get your ship.

Also I really haven't looked into matrix shards at all. I don't know if they are used up or not... I assume they are. I've been just gathering them and figured I'd figure out what they are for once I got to 50.

Basically Matrix cubes aren't vital for leveling. Their construction place is out of the way and annoying to get to. It's a nice stat boost for those interested in doing it. Those interested in doing it will research it and seek out the shards they need.

Edited by FITorion

Source

They aren't tied to the story, they are tied to exploration. Its the only reward for exploration (if you can call it that) in this game and aren't for the "honest" player unless that "honest" player is exploring and going out of their way to find these things.

That is the point!

As for not visiting Ord Mantell as a Jedi, there's at least one point in the Knight's story when you are actually *sent* to this planet for a mission. While you're there, pick up the datacrons/matrix cube. They're not that hard to get to and you get xp for gather both them and for discovering new places.

Actually the characters that get screwed the most are Smugglers/Imperial Agents, who have cunning as their main stat. There is no level 15 matrix cube for cunning, and getting the yellow matrix shard in Nar Shaddaa requires going into a level 30 area, so without help, they can't get a matrix cube at all until about level 30.

Actually the characters that get screwed the most are Smugglers/Imperial Agents, who have cunning as their main stat. There is no level 15 matrix cube for cunning, and getting the yellow matrix shard in Nar Shaddaa requires going into a level 30 area, so without help, they can't get a matrix cube at all until about level 30.

1.) There is a level 15 cube for smugglers. Look at my previous post or visit this link. (Apparently, I am an idiot b/c there isn't).

2.) The level 24 JK / SW and BH / Trooper both require 2 x Yellow Shards, same as the IA / Smuggler.

3.) While I tend to agree that the second Yellow shard shouldn't be in the bonus series (or require the item from the incinerator room to unlock - also in the bonus series), it is hardly unobtainable.

Edited by snwmnx

Not a single one of the 4 listed level 15 cubes have cunning, so which one would you say is for Smugglers/IAs?

Ha! I misread. Sorry.

What is worse is that I did the exact same thing last night, except I caught and corrected my error.

• 1 year later...
personaly i like collecting the shards and making the matrix relics the bonus stat for your class does make a difference . and for the lvl 24 matrix cube i would suggest going to ilum for yellow shard its by imperial base . just as dangerous as if you are imperials going for the red shard ,simple sollution is to ask friend/guild member to go with you does save having to go narr shadarr.

personaly i like collecting the shards and making the matrix relics the bonus stat for your class does make a difference . and for the lvl 24 matrix cube i would suggest going to ilum for yellow shard its by imperial base . just as dangerous as if you are imperials going for the red shard ,simple sollution is to ask friend/guild member to go with you does save having to go narr shadarr.

Necro for your first post. Well played.