Start the War. Seperate Endgame content for each faction.

Pcolapat

In star wars, who are the ultimate enemies. If you said the Empire and the Republic, then you are correct. Then ask yourself why at endgame the empire and republic share a common enemy in all the operations. Why is it that we don't have separate content that highlights the ultimate conflict mentioned previously?

During prelaunch while reading some of the star wars the old republic novels I was a bit concerned in the direction the conflict might go once the game was launched. Then I heard that at endgame both factions would be raiding the same content against foes that were not either the republic or the empire. Obviously the reason they chose to do this was so they don't have to make two separate endgames. If both factions always have a common enemy and it isn't each other, then that cuts the amount of endgame content they have to make in half.

If Bioware really wanted you to play both factions and experience both sides of the conflict, you would think they would have thought it necessary to create different endgame experiences for both factions. Wouldn't you be more likely to roll on the other faction if you knew that it had different endgame content?

They should re-evaluate endgame, start the war, and start developing separate endgames for both factions that involve the conflict of the Empire vs the Republic. It won't be easy for them to do that, but like the developers have already said, the MMO competition is very tough. You have to offer something that other MMOs do not. There you go. Start the war.

um... This suggestion is kinda... meh.

The amount of time it takes to make good end game content is alot. There have been plenty of complaints regarding the lack of end game content, and you think we should cut it all in half so that the two factions only can play half of them for some dillusional lore reason?

If you want it that split up, why not just make two games out of it, and skip the interaction with the other faction all together.

This suggestion won't happen ever and thank god for that.

um... This suggestion is kinda... meh.

The amount of time it takes to make good end game content is alot. There have been plenty of complaints regarding the lack of end game content, and you think we should cut it all in half so that the two factions only can play half of them for some dillusional lore reason?

If you want it that split up, why not just make two games out of it, and skip the interaction with the other faction all together.

This suggestion won't happen ever and thank god for that.

It isn't just for lore reasons. The money made in MMOs comes from players sticking around doing endgame content. Presently there is no real reason to level an alt to fifty in the other faction for the endgame. The only reason you would level an alt in the other faction is for the level 1-50 content. Beyond that, you get the same endgame. If you had different content for both factions, you have another reason to level an alt in the other faction, and spend more time at endgame.

Lore reason or not, star wars has always been the empire vs the republic. storm troopers vs rebels, jedi vs sith. The endgame we have currently is none of those. It doesn't feel like star wars enough. They are sacrificing the reality of what star wars conflict is for the sake of time.

Look, you may not appreciate what I have posted, but what I am suggesting is a lot closer to what people think of when they think of star wars. It is called star wars, not star(united to fight against some weird fish eyed alien that likes to make robots)wars

I'm actually not all too concerend about the 'lack of extra endgame'

what I do think they should have handled differently is more going in the direction of not doing anything 'together'. you'd imagine if someone has a common enemy that you would fight together.

yes, you only roll an alt on the other faction for the 1-50 content. and after that? well, most of your guildies are probably on the other side (at least that always happens when I'm on my Imp chars :p) and once you actually reach 50 there's nothing to do for the guild as a whole either. if you roll an alt on the same faction gearing up will be easier since your guildies can just run you through EV storymode and what have you so you can help with EC hardmode ;)

when you are playing the other faction the whole guild has to start from the beginning. (ok it probably won't take as long as everyone already knows the mechanics, but still)

maybe it's just because I'm usually not a huge fan of the two-faction-system and a little spoiled with the system The Secret World is going to use (3 factions, but you can do PVE with members of the opposing factions)... I don't know.

the situation in general I don't really mind, though, and I personally would actually really like more Rakata fighting stuff. The Infinite Empire stories are a fave of mine :)

Edited by amnie

I realize it's kinda practically complicated if not impossible but it would be really cool to have pvp flashpoints where republic and imperial teams cooperate through a pve storyline like a flashpoint that culminates at the middle where both teams pvp it out in an empire vs republic battle royale complete with an introductory pvp type conversation where sides can pick conversation choices and gain social points as usual. Gear would still be awarded for mid bosses and such before the pvp battle but the winner of the battle gets something better.

I'm still wish they would find a way to use those trademark bioware conversations in a pvp manner. Particularly if certain conversation options could effect the outcome of the pvp battle slightly. Like maybe a (force persuade) option would put a small debuff on the opposing team at the start of battle or something. Just tossing out ideas here.

I have little interest in "endgame" no matter what the MMO is. All it involves is grinding dailies and boss mobs so you can get better gear to grind tougher dailies and boss mobs, and so on and so forth... It's the most boring time of the game. When I hit 50 in SWtOR, I basically retired the character and got on with one of my alts. I doubt this will keep me interested much longer, frankly.

I realize it's kinda practically complicated if not impossible but it would be really cool to have pvp flashpoints where republic and imperial teams cooperate through a pve storyline like a flashpoint that culminates at the middle where both teams pvp it out in an empire vs republic battle royale complete with an introductory pvp type conversation where sides can pick conversation choices and gain social points as usual. Gear would still be awarded for mid bosses and such before the pvp battle but the winner of the battle gets something better.

I'm still wish they would find a way to use those trademark bioware conversations in a pvp manner. Particularly if certain conversation options could effect the outcome of the pvp battle slightly. Like maybe a (force persuade) option would put a small debuff on the opposing team at the start of battle or something. Just tossing out ideas here.

I forgot which fp it was (colicoid?) but there's this one scene relatively at the end where you have to open a barrier and see a team of the opposing faction doing the same thing. how neat would it be to actually compete like this? maybe not an all-out war, but a competition of some sort.

in SWG you had the Hoth PvE instance at Echo Base (the one from epsiode 5) where there was a reb and an imp version.

the reb version was :

Phase 1 - jump into snowspeeders (atmo flight) and fight the invading imp armies (main targets AT-AT's) to slow them down

Phase 2 - clear Echo Base from invaded imp troops - then hold back the imps at the main door and kill infiltrating assassins to allow the reb NPC's to reach the hangars for evacuation

Phase 3 - outside the base slow down the imp attacking forces to allow all 5 reb freighters to lanch and evacuate the last personal

the imp version of this was thes same from the other side (kill the speeders from AT-AT's - conquer the base before the rebs could evacuate - destroy the freighters before they can launch)

a flashpoint in SWToR where you can have an imp and a reb story should be possible too

I forgot which fp it was (colicoid?) but there's this one scene relatively at the end where you have to open a barrier and see a team of the opposing faction doing the same thing. how neat would it be to actually compete like this? maybe not an all-out war, but a competition of some sort.

MAN..thanks for reminding me of this...man were we PISSED when that ended up being just another standard end boss. I remember all of us going ....OMG...this is going to be FUN...a race to kill the boss, or an arena match or .... and then that whole storyline just went pphhhttt.....