Please BW, give us Dual Spec

Ramahospitality

With the upcoming implementation of a LFG tool dual speccing should also emerge. This will allow even quicker ques as people will be able to full fill multiple rolls. While not totally necessary, WOW's wardrobe Idea would also be a nice addition with dual speccing. However, and I must stress this. When queing, only allow people to spec for the trees they have points in. Do not let everyone que for every role, that would be stupid for obvious reasons.

I agree with the OP that this is a critical feature addition.

Not only World of Warcraft, but I understand Guild Wars 2 will have its own sort. DCUO, and Champions Online (for the subscribers only though), both do as well. Even LOTRO has a form of this through being able to change stances. For a major title like TOR to not have this really makes it look behind the times in this aspect. Also, every day that it doesn't exist, players will suffer from grouping shortfalls which prompted games like WoW to put it into place in the first place. Learn from their lessons and get it into place ASAP I say.

My favorite system so far is Rift's which allow even more options through their soul system: my characters there can fill any one of five different roles. What does this do for me as a player?

It makes grouping successful. I can fill a role that's needed and still benefit. Groups are not going to get stonewalled for lack of a specific role.

I have a lot more fun being able to do different things.Some days it's actually fun to be a healer or tank, and I know that I won't have to do it all the time. And the fact that I can switch roles makes me much more versatile and the group more flexible for facing that specific boss fight, being able to trade roles as needed.

And filling new roles actually makes different encounters seem more fresh and engaging than having to do the same sorts of things each time.

Down aspects? Maintaining different kinds of gear. If TOR could find a way to have flexible stat gear, they'd do the above even one better. But getting dual stats is one of THE most feature critical additions imo after the LFG tool.

Edited by Solanio
afterthought

I agree with the OP that this is a critical feature addition.

Not only World of Warcraft, but I understand Guild Wars 2 will have its own sort. DCUO, and Champions Online (for the subscribers only though), both do as well. Even LOTRO has a form of this through being able to change stances. For a major title like TOR to not have this really makes it look behind the times in this aspect. Also, every day that it doesn't exist, players will suffer from grouping shortfalls which prompted games like WoW to put it into place in the first place. Learn from their lessons and get it into place ASAP I say.

My favorite system so far is Rift's which allow even more options through their soul system: my characters there can fill any one of five different roles. What does this do for me as a player?

It makes grouping successful. I can fill a role that's needed and still benefit. Groups are not going to get stonewalled for lack of a specific role.

I have a lot more fun being able to do different things.Some days it's actually fun to be a healer or tank, and I know that I won't have to do it all the time. And the fact that I can switch roles makes me much more versatile and the group more flexible for facing that specific boss fight, being able to trade roles as needed.

And filling new roles actually makes different encounters seem more fresh and engaging than having to do the same sorts of things each time.

Down aspects? Maintaining different kinds of gear. If TOR could find a way to have flexible stat gear, they'd do the above even one better. But getting dual stats is one of THE most feature critical additions imo after the LFG tool.

I agree... Although in this day and age even duel spec is out dated. Why be so restrictive... We have three trees all of which i want to be able to play. That is not including the pvp hybrid spec i want to try. Games like rift give you access to what 5 or 6 specs? The secret world i beleive has something like 20 slots for possible specs? I beleive duel spec is set for 1.4 but thats too late and still far to restrictive. Multi spec and now not later. A new game that is already behind the times is a game no one wants to play.

I honestly don't think the Rift Multi Spec system would work here. It worked with Rift because of the different Soul System. Here, the only way to do something resembling Rift would be to combine the AC's. Which is kinda what Rift did. Which I don't think will work in SWTOR.

However, having a third spec option would be welcome.

I honestly don't think the Rift Multi Spec system would work here. It worked with Rift because of the different Soul System .

I wasn't posing the Rift system. I also agree that it's unique to Rift and works because of that game's lore. I was only offering Rift and the other examples to showcase the benefits of having dual or more classes: more versatility for gameplay and adaptability for group or encounter needs, resulting in more variety in personal gaming experience and faster group creation and group hardiness.

The same could be said for any of the examples: DCUO, WoW, LOTRO.

Wow, you really want to give elitists a way to tell you to use your alternate spec?

Just like wow, i refuse to even learn the dual spec, such a waste of gold in my opinion.

You don't want a convenient way to be able to maximise the effectiveness of your character in different arenas?...

There's Field Respec in the next patch, which will help cover some of the annoyance, but not all of it.

You don't want a convenient way to be able to maximise the effectiveness of your character in different arenas?...

There's Field Respec in the next patch, which will help cover some of the annoyance, but not all of it.

I just do dps, i hate tanking and healing, tried them both, hated them.....either way, i avoid grroup content anyway, i hate skipping conversations, which pisses off too many players, so i decided to stop doing them to avoid being kicked.

It's right there, in the game itself on the Legacy tab listed under Coming in 1.3 - Field Respec

However.....Field Respec is in no way a form of dual spec or multi spec. It isn't a saved spec. It's the ability to reset your points to zero and spend them again anytime or where you wish. I'm imagining they decided to go that way because of the number of hybrid specs people are using in the game and the fact that even 2 saved specs would be found insufficient by a lot of people. So you're getting complete flexibility at the cost of having to spend the points again every time you want to respec. On the other hand.....at the moment, it's only 40 points. By the time the points and the trees are extended, I'm betting they'll have a form of dual or multi spec in. I'm happy enough with the Field Respec, as I mainly need the ability to change roles when grouped with guildies who are using the same spec. Four in a group is too small to sustain two heal specs.....and I like the option to switch to DPS on the fly when necessary. Or to switch back to sage seer when someone has to leave in the middle of an op due to kiddie troubles :p