Jedi Guardian (Vigilance) Voidstar!!

SmellyMoot

Ok guys. I'm playing a vigilance guardian pvp and i was wondering if you guys can give me any suggestions or feedback on what spec is still better for pvp as a jedi guardian. I got a video to show you guys my dps, and my survivability etc and it would be great if you can give me some feedback!!

I play a Jugg and always found the Vengeance (Vigilance) spec to be lacking. Seems like I was laways building up something, but the damage wasn't really there. At least, not the burst, until you can get an almost assured crit on Vicious Throw (Dispatch). The spec requires a lot of focus and lack burst, in my opinion.

Rage (focus) received quite a nice buff. Your enrage (??? move that builds 6 focus) now grants 4 stacks of Shockwave (singularity), this is a pretty huge buff. Smash (sweep) still hits pretty hard and is in the rage (focus) tree and you can build up shockwaves easier and the burst is crazy good. Ravage (MS) still hits for a fair amount and Shii-Cho form becomes a powerhouse.

About your playstyle, I noticed you don't use warzone adrenal (or I didn't see you use them) and medpacs, how come? With focus spec, they would make you all that much dangerous.

When I see a crowd and I'm not about to use smash, especially if there are healers and no aoe or friends focusing on different targets, I use my Awe. There are a few times when you were deep in enemy lines and a well placed Awe would have been good.

Vigilance is amazing, it just relies a lot on RNG, much like the Assault spec pyrotech. If you want good burst, you have it, and great survivability.

Focus is not hard to come by in any means, I found myself fine while in soresu sometimes when guarding a node. The thing of it is you really need o slash and P brand to refresh master strike often for the huge burst. When that happens, this class is up there with the best of them in single target DPS, especially when you consider how hard it is to get a good jugg/guardian off of you.

Ok guys. I'm playing a vigilance guardian pvp and i was wondering if you guys can give me any suggestions or feedback on what spec is still better for pvp as a jedi guardian. I got a video to show you guys my dps, and my survivability etc and it would be great if you can give me some feedback!!

The first thing I noticed off the bat is that the doors open and you walk right (committing right) and stand out in the middle letting everyone target you while they're running up. The rest of the clips its hard to see where you're standing but get in the habit of trying not to be out in the open. Hide behind pillar, pick target, attack.

For now, as a fellow Guardian, I would recommend going for a tank spec if you want to maximise your effectiveness in PvP. If your heart is set on dps then I would probably recommend going Focus spec for armour pen and attacks that bypass defence. Vigilance's dps is comparatively much weaker relying a good deal on white damage and with basically no armour pen, you're basically a weaker version of a Combat spec'd Sent. The only real area where Vig shines is in it's survivability (Focused Defence and Unremitting), however it's damage doesn't really make up for it's gain in survivability. You can do great in PUGs, but as for pre-mades, you're nowhere near as threatening as sents/shadows/scoundrels, esp with the current TTK.

Make a video, please, where you fight not against pug noobs with green pve/recruit, but vs. premades of maras and tankasins with full augumented WH.

What's the point? He's not showing off, he's asking for advice and the video only shows us how he plays.

What's the point? He's not showing off, he's asking for advice and the video only shows us how he plays.

Actually, he might be endorsing his video for views disguised as wanting tips :p

St3v3nat0r - I see you use a different account now - same spamming threads to post links to your videos.

Did you get banned or just warned ?