War Zone dead box vendors

UGA-BULLDAWG

What was the basis for taking the repair droids/vendor out of the War Zone dead boxes? There are times when I am out exploring and i can't exchange my War Zone commendations for ranked War Zone commendations because i would have to travel back to the fleet. I thought I remember hearing SWTOR trying to broaden the world areas but this seems counter-productive when I have to travel back to the fleet for tedious things like this.

Yes thats what I read..the weird part is since the fix is simple...why havent they added it back in?

Bioware whats the skinny on this..I usually give you a lot of leeway on development but as the above poster noted it doesnt sound too complicated to do..is there any updates on this fix?

Yes thats what I read..the weird part is since the fix is simple...why havent they added it back in?

Bioware whats the skinny on this..I usually give you a lot of leeway on development but as the above poster noted it doesnt sound too complicated to do..is there any updates on this fix?

Sounding complicated isn't a requirement of being complicated.

Chances are in development that vendors have a default ability to buy/sell and they are not separated mechanically. Therefore, the programming required for this fix is to rewrite the declaration coding of all vendors by adding methods that manually add the ability to sell or buy and then going through all additional methods and creating coding to handle the exception of when you try to sell an item at a vendor that can't buy it and similar situations. Now, it's not more than an hour or two of coding (coding all possible exceptions raised in all relevant systems takes a while), but it does require a fair bit of testing. So give it a day of a mid-level programmer being tied up by it and one of the test teams dedicated to him.

But, to actually fix this would lessen the number of people on the fleet on servers that are already suffering from low fleet populations. Yes, fleet population isn't server population, but it's the only metric most people use simply because of it being right in front of you.

So you're going to devote a programmer and a test team to fix an inconvenience at the cost of exacerbating the problem of fleet populations? Yeah... good luck with that one.