Why only Ranked XServer PvP will save this game

NilanVoid

PvP'ers don't necessarily care about server community. They care about the matches, the thrill of victory, and the agony of defeat. Simply playing against the same opponents day after day ( IF you're currently even lucky enough on a server where Q's pop ) is not satisfying in itself.

There isn't one PvP guild that doesn't want to know where it stands in relation to the entire SW:TOR population. Being able to face-roll your opponents on your server does NOT mean you're the best there is. Being able to face-roll across the ENTIRE spectrum of servers says you are. THIS is what a true PvP guild desires.

Bioware, implementing this one feature alone will not only stem the bleeding you're dealing with now but will also bring back many of those previously /unsubbed players. Having the top spot on the leaderboards is probably the biggest epeen-stroking feeling you can have. THIS is what your PvP community wants! :cool:

Don't hold your breath. Pre-season(when ranked will be introduced) will be same server. Of course that will expand to cross server(for ranked only) it's down the pipe. . .and not coming anytime soon.

Dont get me wrong, I feel for the PvPers that started playing swtor hoping that it would have epic pvp. But it's not like swtor gave you a reason to think this would be a pvp focused game. From the start of development, what 5 years ago, everyone knew the focus would be on PvE and it's story. Getting mad about it is like going into a candy store and getting mad because they dont have this juicy steak you've been craving.

I do respect that Bioware recognized the popularity of PvP upon release, and supposedly shifted resources to improve the quality of it. That shows smart developers. Whether or not it pans out for the better or not, we'll see. But until then enjoy the game for what it is. . .or come back when it's to your liking. Thankfully you've already purchased the box so all it will take is for you to reactivate the subscription when you feel it's up to par with what you want.