Sniper doing over 600k damage?

Bethmora

Or it could be he's used some sort of client speed hack, that then lets him cast his abilities faster as i think GCD is client side.

Use the combat log they gave us.. you'll soon see who the real good players are and who needs to be reported.

Edited by LancelotOC

So, i been watching this sniper, all he has is full BM gear, with NO augs. This guy is doing over 600k damage a game. I have never seen a BH do that before.

Try shooting at him, instead of sitting there and taking it in the face.

Or it could be he's used some sort of client speed hack, that then lets him cast his abilities faster as i think GCD is client side.

Use the combat log they gave us.. you'll soon see who the real good players are and who needs to be reported.

Just...no.

Any AC in the game has at least one spec that can do over 600k damage in a warzone in BM gear. Well over.

Any combination of:

Not dying/dying very little for whatever reason, fighting at nodes where the action is all game rather than being on defense, enemy team with several healers resulting in targets not dying as often, not being CC'd much, other targets on your team seen as consistently higher priority, warzone lasting the maximum amount of time (neither team makes it to the datacore in voidstar, civil war/novare coast ends in a very close game etc), lots of people around to AOE and/or DoT up...these are all things that lead to the big numbers.

So, i been watching this sniper, all he has is full BM gear, with NO augs. This guy is doing over 600k damage a game. I have never seen a BH do that before.

Here is one of me doing close to that on my Mercenary. I have done more but i cannot find those screen shots.

http://s253.photobucket.com/albums/hh70/lijahrobinson/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-05-08_20_06_07_842332.jpg

Edited by lijahrobinson

I have pulled 400k+ in the 10-49 bracket... its not really shocking at all.

The Sniper Engi Tree... is full on AOE spam friendly. If the other team is dumb enough to group up so I can lob a thermal grenade at them every second global.... ya before you know it there all dead and I have tons of dmg on the board. Most DPS classes in there AOE or DOT trees will do the same numbers.

Its called AoE damage. Certain specs of Sniper have a lot of aoe. Nothing special move along.

Meh, People are just goign to say "you're a FOTM douche you role asent/marauder" but i've been playing mine since release..so..ya ppl can shove it, I enjoy my class :)

But anywhooo, click on my R60 link..820k At Civil pre 1.2.

Tbh a geared sniper should be doing more than 600k imo in a full length game..but thats just imo :x

I usually pull 400k+ on my SS specced Gunslinger and sometimes break 600k damage. As mentioned before, if other team ignores me its easy to pull such numbers. XS Flyby ticks make half of this number sometimes.

Snipers and Slingers always have been able to pull great damage. In the hand of good players even better like you say.

Problem is there weren't many of them around. Now there are some more so people come to realize that the guy sitting in the corner waving that rifle/those blasters around can put out some hurt.

Snipers are limited by their energy pool, not GCD. Spamming skills on GCD will run you dry in ~5 casts.

I'm not surprised AoE spec slingers' pull 600k as I've done ~480k on my Sharpshooter in voidstar tossing XS Freighter/Thermal Grenade every cool-down along with my normal shooter rotation. The class is powerful when alive & protected.

Snipers are by far one of the least resource limited DPS class in game---high numbers aren't too difficult for even average players.

115 max energy

5 energy regen per second

6 energy regen per second (In cover, MM/SS only)

9 energy regen per second with proc (last 10 seconds MM/SS only)

Edited by Blasphemerr

Quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard.