E3 2012 new content

Fellface

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly the further this game goes into the decline the more likely an expansion will not be released. I can't ever see it being a viable option to release to a dying community.

I don't think EA take risks like that... so no TOR expansion until numbers start increasing??

Well since their stated goal before launch was 500k subs, we still have a ways to go before they will throw in the towel in my opinion lol.

Just like every mmo since WoW this mmo will stabalize at about 500k subs or more, or a little less who knows. This is a pattern with every mmo since WoW, and unfortunately six months after GW2 launches i'll probably read a thread by people saying why that game died and is only at 500k subs.

I'm personally hoping that we get an update on some of the promised future content, especially including same gender romances and flirts.

I'd also like to hope that we'll get an update on many features that we've been advised are being worked on, especially the all-important personalisation options for characters and companions, plus game features that are currently missing from the game.

are you asking for SGRA? if so, I'm with ya.

I wanna get it on with Mako

oh you can bet on it!

though it's gonna be awkward at first, currently Corso is married to my Scoundrel - who's my Gunslinger's mother. BWAHAHAHAHA. I'm disturbed.

oh you can bet on it!

though it's gonna be awkward at first, currently Corso is married to my Scoundrel - who's my Gunslinger's mother. BWAHAHAHAHA. I'm disturbed.

Incest, a game the whole family can play.

Edited by Ignicity

Incest, a game the whole family can play.

nu nu nu, Corso's not the father! lol that would be too disturbing, even for me

and to get this back on topic, the heaviest rumours is apparently that it's going to be cathar as first new species, but I want togruta *snif*

this comment made me laugh. I logged on for the first time in 2 weeks today, and fleet is now down to 15 people @ 11 PM PST. It used to be at 75 a little over a month ago at the same exact time. I wouldnt be surprised if they end up losing another 30% subscriber base considering many have already unsubbed during their free month.

Firstly, a month ago 1.2 had just been realeased, so there were lots of people online all the time because they wanted to play the new content. Now, they have played it and don't stay in for as long, thereby reducing the server populations. Secondly, you assume that the forum is representative for the entire player base, which it is not. For example, I play in a hardcore guild, but I'm basically the only one who uses this forum.

Well since their stated goal before launch was 500k subs, we still have a ways to go before they will throw in the towel in my opinion lol.

Just like every mmo since WoW this mmo will stabalize at about 500k subs or more, or a little less who knows. This is a pattern with every mmo since WoW, and unfortunately six months after GW2 launches i'll probably read a thread by people saying why that game died and is only at 500k subs.

I can guarantee you that GW2 will have no subs at all way before 6 months after launch

In fact, I guarantee you that GW2 will have no subs at all even on the day it launches

My guess for E3 is that they will show some of the features coming in 1.3, and then show a teaser of the 1.4 content. There is a small chance they will announce an expansion, but if they do it will probably only be one of there cool CGI trailers.

nu nu nu, Corso's not the father! lol that would be too disturbing, even for me

and to get this back on topic, the heaviest rumours is apparently that it's going to be cathar as first new species, but I want togruta *snif*

Cathar, or general akbar.

Oh man, details on the space project would be AWESOME.

Please please please please. :)

I expect we'll get hints on the next Chapter releases of the storylines. And to whomever it was that said there probably won't be any releases of new content until sub numbers rise again, hah. Please be real. That would be the most spectacularly bad business decision ever made by a game that just started, and ALREADY HAD ALL OF THAT CONTENT BUILT OUT.

They aren't releasing new content stories every month because they are PACING themselves, so that they can keep up the development track and don't wind up releasing EVERYTHING at once, then have to slave away for 2 years to have new content. They held back content that was already ready and already have content built out through 2013 that is playable and is being tweaked and tuned.

It is interesting that the wording is "EA will also bring some expansions and new game content for Star Wars: The Old Republic".

I am torn on what to make of it. On one hand, they could be tipping the hand that we will get news on the first expansion. On the other hand, the use of the plural "expansions" leaves me with little confidence in the report as I do not believe that BW would come out and announce multiple expansions.

It depends on the frequency of the expansions keep in mind they have written content way ahead If they put out expansions every six months or so they could very well announce multiple expansions.

Why do people want a new expansion? There's still a multitude of improvements that are needed before increasing the level cap.

Because the loudest cry baby's are the content locust and BioWare takes way too much stock in what forum trolls say.

Why do people want a new expansion? There's still a multitude of improvements that are needed before increasing the level cap.

If they announce it at this years E3 that gives a year window for a full expansion opposed to just updates. I personally would love to see some long term design plans.

Oh man, details on the space project would be AWESOME.

Please please please please. :)

I expect we'll get hints on the next Chapter releases of the storylines. And to whomever it was that said there probably won't be any releases of new content until sub numbers rise again, hah. Please be real. That would be the most spectacularly bad business decision ever made by a game that just started, and ALREADY HAD ALL OF THAT CONTENT BUILT OUT.

If you're going to critique at least read the post first. What I was relating to was expansions. Of course I expect them to release content. The expansion not being released until subs rise was not a statement... it was a question I proposed to see what others thought.

Yea Space needs something. Once you're 50 and finished space, there's only 1 mission with a reward worth doing. I really don't like that mission and it gets old fast. Hopefully, at the very least, they'll announce they're adding a few more to do at 50. Hopefully, they'll be good enough to showcase at E3.

They will just rehash what was said at that England Expo thing last week. I am sure they will sprinkle in a few extras, but it won't be anything ground breaking. I bet they waited to release 1.3 after E3 for marketing reasons. Meanwhile they are bleeding subs all over the battlefield.

Yea Space needs something. Once you're 50 and finished space, there's only 1 mission with a reward worth doing. I really don't like that mission and it gets old fast. Hopefully, at the very least, they'll announce they're adding a few more to do at 50. Hopefully, they'll be good enough to showcase at E3.

From what has been hinted at from a few dev blogs space is being completely reworked. I am hopeful for 3d space flight and smaller attack ships. I want to be able to group up in space and pvp up there and also pve when I am not in the mood to go against other players. I would love to see space live missions where an imperial destroyer shows up over a planet and a call goes out to everyone to head to space and take out the ship and the support craft.

From what has been hinted at from a few dev blogs space is being completely reworked. I am hopeful for 3d space flight and smaller attack ships. I want to be able to group up in space and pvp up there and also pve when I am not in the mood to go against other players. I would love to see space live missions where an imperial destroyer shows up over a planet and a call goes out to everyone to head to space and take out the ship and the support craft.

Yea but I don't expect any of that until they release a paid expansion.