Camera jump is killing my WZ experience

Itukaaj

I re-subbed wow. Just doing honor gear grind. What do I notice?

Bigger map

Better responsiveness on my commands more control

Maybe couple of weird things but they can be attributed to latency ( and when I say this I am talking about a total of 2 button depresses in 4 hours of play)

Reasonable queues

Idiots still in the game

Healers need to be cc'd or focused

Peels are more important

I still have time left on TOR go for WZ:

Animated attacks make sense and graphics cool

But

Weird ????latency?????

I am kiting no I am looking straight up- no top of my head- no, grrrrrrrrr camera real unpredictable mouse control weak (I lower mouse camera speed to no avail)

Weird things happen in game (my attacks interrupts stuns not feeling like they are happening$ don't know how to explain-it may not be hacks but it doesn't feel right)

Smaller groups

A little more goal oriented play

Everyone gets zerged down 1 at a time (seems to be play style)

I can't really peel ( I can do more than others as a Sorc but seems limited with ability cooldowns as long as they are)

Just observations but I think they demonstrate the problems that have to really be solved for pvp to work in a WZ setting- no arena talk. Game not designed for arena and that's fine.

Comments,observation?

This is one thing from WoW I wish companies WOULD copy, because it's something they did a phenomenal job on.

Character control is top notch. Animations feel good and don't inhibit you, things happen the instant you hit the button, in short you FEEL your character and can feel what you're doing at any time.

It's something you really notice if you play WoW, play something else, then play WoW again.

I re-subbed wow. Just doing honor gear grind. What do I notice?

Bigger map

Better responsiveness on my commands more control

Maybe couple of weird things but they can be attributed to latency ( and when I say this I am talking about a total of 2 button depresses in 4 hours of play)

Reasonable queues

Idiots still in the game

Healers need to be cc'd or focused

Peels are more important

I still have time left on TOR go for WZ:

Animated attacks make sense and graphics cool

But

Weird ????latency?????

I am kiting no I am looking straight up- no top of my head- no, grrrrrrrrr camera real unpredictable mouse control weak (I lower mouse camera speed to no avail)

Weird things happen in game (my attacks interrupts stuns not feeling like they are happening$ don't know how to explain-it may not be hacks but it doesn't feel right)

Smaller groups

A little more goal oriented play

Everyone gets zerged down 1 at a time (seems to be play style)

I can't really peel ( I can do more than others as a Sorc but seems limited with ability cooldowns as long as they are)

Just observations but I think they demonstrate the problems that have to really be solved for pvp to work in a WZ setting- no arena talk. Game not designed for arena and that's fine.

Comments,observation?

I like how you accurately put that period in there towards the end.

I know how you feel. Character control, targeting and camera are much better in WoW.

Also, skill matter much more than gear (unless you play at a very high level where not playing a human is gimping yourself for most classes), because it's easier to kite, control, peel, the cooldowns have a bigger impact (think shadow dance, aura mastery, ice block, etc.). There's also nothing like mages and rogues on swtor. Sorcerors and operatives/shadows don't even come close to the amount of control these two classes have.

Also, I, too, have reactivated my account a few days ago.

However, there is a certain charm about swtor that I don't know if I can even describe it, because I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Obviously, lightsabers is a bonus. It may have litterally no impact on the gameplay, but the Star Wars setting is really a huge bonus for SWTOR. I can't deny that. I'm just not as much a fan of mediaval fantasy that I used to be, but I'm as much of a SW fan as I ever was.

The ressources system is great. I played every class and ressource management is really interesting, except for sorcerors, which look too much like mana, i.e. it's not a problem until you're out of it. Heat/Ammo and Energy is fun to manage, since you make a choice between going all out big damage or being conservative to have higher sustained damage/healing. And well, focus/rage works like rage, but you gain it actively which leads to my next point.

No auto-attack. There's no "I right-click this guy and it does 40% of my damage" (I think it's even more for an enhancement shaman). It also makes the ressources management fun. I guess it punish people with high latency though, but swtor does a good job on that end (I even heard an australian praise bw because he had low latency).

The animations look great and are all unique for each attack/weapon (at least, for lightsaber, sorry for those who use pistols/snipers). Although sometimes that can be a problem, like the project vs. shock delay or an attack not activating because of parry.

Anyways, I'm torn between the two games. I love swtor but I may be burned out of it. WoW is only fun when you play with RL friends (and some will hopefully play again).

Also, I, too, have reactivated my account a few days ago.

However, there is a certain charm about swtor that I don't know if I can even describe it, because I'm not sure exactly what it is.

Obviously, lightsabers is a bonus.

Anyways, I'm torn between the two games. I love swtor but I may be burned out of it. WoW is only fun when you play with RL friends (and some will hopefully play again).

Selective quotes

I see myself wanting to play here but no comparison technically to wow. Maybe in feb 2013 i will resub.

I am with you on the charm i love the epic music and the glow of my saber.

About the human part I re-rolled despite my preferences because just too powerful.

One other I noticed is everyone has a trink in SWTOR that is really a good thing. I also noticed that Blizz in MoP essentially plans on killing resilience and stealing TOR's PVP expertise mechanic. that can be good and bad.

BTW you mentioned rogues one of the things that brought me back to wow was the desire to run a ret and rogue w my hunter. If you got that hit me up same avatar name on darkspear us alli.