Option to turn off companion speech - Elara keeps yelling at me to stay still

Persephonee

Hi!

I am asking for an option to turn off companion speech.

On my Trooper I use Elara as she is the only healer option, I have tried using other companions but it just isn't as effective solo leveling. Elara is constantly yelling at me in this terse voice to "Stay still!" This is soooo incredibly annoying. It makes me hate her and actually lowers the amount of time I spend on my Trooper because I just don't want to be around the witch. This is really the only thing that she says that annoys me this much, however I am thinking that others have companions they would rather not hear and just an option to turn them off or perhaps a volume control for companions.. I don't know which would be easier.

With the amount of time we spend with our companions I believe that this would help to make the game more enjoyable for us when we must work with a companion that doesn't mesh with our personalities.

Thank you for considering this.

• 1 year later...

Wow.. People complaining about the companions talking?? Seriously.. They aren't hurting anything.. They don't need to be silenced.. They need more options things to say..

I am tired of Theran telling me he is a pacifist..

I am tire of Nadia saying she wants the next one too..

As for Elara telling me to stay still?? Well.. Same as any other companion.. Except I rather like a sexy blonde nurse telling me to stay still.. Now if we can just get her to ask if I want a sponge bath.. :D

They just need more phrases so we don't hear the same ones over and over..

But they need to talk.. They are supposed to be people too..

I am tired of Languss telling me he healed my with his jedi powers.. Even though that is actually funny..

Sorry.. But the force is very weak with this thread.. Just my opinion.. ;)

Edited by MajikMyst

... and the comments from Corso Riggs; "Lets have some fun captain!" every time I jump off my speeder or when the rocket boost ends. I'm one of those that rarely passes any nodes of lootable raw material. The distance between some of those nodes is far enough to give me a reason to use my speeder, but way too short for another "Lets have some fun captain!". I dont mind them talking, I mind the repeating of the same freakin frase 1-3 times a minute..

• 1 year later...

Mako keeps telling everything with a pulse that I don't keep her around just cuz her looks, and no one believes her anymore, she obviously doesn't believe it since she must reassure herself, the chemlizards, the tukatas, the sleens, and the gundarks we fight ever other minute of their existence (the chemlizards seem somewhat impressed, and I think maybe they believe her).

Please let me shut this dumb chick up. We really really need a separate volume slider for companion voices. I hate having to turn the volume on voices up and down constantly so I can hear my character without being subjected to the pets handful of phrases over and over for years on end. "Herpaderp now your dumb, ugly, and dead" ...yes, just as I wish *you* were by now Corso, having to hear you tell that to everything we pass that moves for far too many years.

Don't even get me started on Treek's babble. I *love* reading the things she says, but listening to her makes me want to drown kittens, and most my characters aren't even darksided! :( Think of the kittens, Bioware.

Edited by Karaiblis

• 2 weeks later...

It is possible to creatively break the sound files for the client, but that wipes out a lot of voice sound and I won't go into detail. It's not hacking in the usual sense (it confers no benefit whatsoever in PvE or PvP and doesn't mess with the servers in any way, shape or form) but it is probably still not TOS friendly. So CTRL-S is probably the best supported approach. It's a bit disconcerting to game in silence but at least it doesn't annoy the heck out of you.

It's amazing to me that the game designers thought it would be acceptable to hear the exact same effing thing hundreds of times a day and not find int annoying. And don't even get me started on Treek... oh... my... gawd...

Edited by Nexdine

• 2 months later...

I don't know why they cant turn off the random sounds the companions make. Treek is driving me crazy. I mute the whole game and that is just stupid. I can also turn off speech but then I miss all the mission conversations (I know I can turn on the subtitles but that kinda sucks guys)

Why cant we just disable the companion banter or reduce the frequency. Bioware has just over done it with the screaming Treek does every 10 seconds in a fight. Every option I found on the internet has failed