Current state of SWTOR

I think the graph got it right on.

People expected a miracle, didn't get it and got pissed off. After some time off game and disappointed iwith other games which will come and go through the same process, they will be slowly coming back, with lower (realistic) expectations.

Edited by Evensong

Pretty much this

It might also be steadying out instead of growing, but should be no real issue with the subscriber number they announced last time

Like people have said Rift has had the same progression and that game started out with far fewer players than SWTOR did

Edited by SNCommand

I can't see the game getting worse, that would be difficult so up is the only direction I guess, I hope.

They Could pull a SWG, but that is unlikely considering the situation is nowhere close to the state SWG was in just half a year after release

Good luck to this flop growing with the WoW expansion and GW2 coming out in the near future. :rolleyes:

While I think this statement above is rash as one wow expansion is um yeah not going to be as epic as you believe, and GW2 honestly is a christmas release at best, SWTOR does have a chance and only a single chance to really make a come back and it has little to nothing to do with the actual content or game you play but with SERVERS SUCKING MASSIVELY HUGE CLONED !@#$%. if bioware even had a clue which it seems they really don't they would have started server transfers manually guild by guild with active guilds first.

BUT

NOPE they let their game further die off.

I can't see the game getting worse, that would be difficult so up is the only direction I guess, I hope.

Well depends if they keep butchering the lore and aiming at hardcore gamers only or not.

Good luck to this flop growing with the WoW expansion and GW2 coming out in the near future. :rolleyes:

Sadly unless they do marvels in a very short time frame, it will hurt plenty. Add to that TSW and the first Rift Xpack.

This is pretty much the trend with most new MMO's, it hit here harder because the hype machine surrounding an extremely noticeable IP was all the more increased but by and large they all go through that cycle where people view a game on the horizon as a veritable messianic addition to the gaming community, it gets released, that contingent is disappointed, some jump right away, some linger espousing their disappointment.

Eventually next big new shiny moves that nomadic wave on mostly to do the same to another game while the initial game stabilizes nicely albeit with a hefty chunk of the original population shaved away.

In a market with so many options this roving band can eat through games and content like locusts through a harvest

LOL.. a miracle? You'd better expect the most expensive game of all times to set standards and innovate, and I'm not talking about voiceovers.

That's all a matter of opinion. For me it did set the standards. Excellent story lines, characters have emotions and feelings, combat animations are top notch, the zones look great. Problem is that people expect the game to do everything for them, such as put them in groups:rolleyes:. So many people on these forums talk about the good ol' days of EQ and such but they won't do what they did in those games. Talk, chat:rolleyes:. Put forth the effort and you'll be amazed with what this game has to offer and yes, those on dead servers it does suck but seriously, I keep reading about so many posts that people have 5 characters or more at 50 and can't get a group? How did you not notice your server becoming empty playing all those characters??

Edited by Skidrowbro

LOL.. a miracle? You'd better expect the most expensive game of all times to set standards and innovate, and I'm not talking about voiceovers.

Hell, I would have been happy if they had just met the standards the rest of the industry put forth.