Feedback on the State of Operations

Hi everyone,

Thank you for the great feedback and for keeping this discussion constructive and interesting. We love to see threads like this and appreciate the effort you've all put into the community!

Keep it going!

My main complaint is that the raids are too short, at least so far. My favorite raids have always been the ones that are 12-14 bosses. They feel more epic. Denova was awesome, but didn't immerse me like a raid twice its size would. I don't mind some easier bosses mixed in with some hard bosses, but I never feel like I'm leading up to anything but loot with such short operations.

I understand every operation can't be ridiculously long, though.

Edited by Anomorn

2. Tank threat is lower than what it should be. Let me clarify before some elitists claim that they don't have issues. I don't normally either but as DPS gear is obtained, their threat skyrockets, but as tanks receive better gear, threat only increases slightly. Taunt should not act the way it does and become part of the "rotation" to maintain threat and subsequently build up such a lead to never be close to be lost. Increase threat on some abilities across the board, and change the way taunt works to be snap threat to grab a mob back.

I've actually been wondering if this issue is why the stats for DPS BH gear are so...strange. Huge increases in END and small ones in, for instance, willpower.

Main issues for me...

1) Long travel times after wipes. I assume this is an intentional time sink or something, but it's pretty annoying.

2) Resetting instances respawns trash. I could add "too much trash" to this list, but it really wouldn't be that bad if we didn't have to clear it more than once per week.

(5) Operations Frames and Buffs/Debuffs

The UI improvements in 1.2 were simply wonderful. There are two areas that could still use improvement however. The first is buffs/debuffs on raid frames. Give people the ability to only show debuffs on the Operations frames for example and make them big enough to be visible, and that would go a long way. Having a visible time remaining number showable on buffs and debuffs would be helpful also.

For player and target frames it would be great if you could position buffs/debuffs independently of those frames. It would be nice if you could then filter them to only show your buffs/debuffs, to only show buffs and not debuffs, etc.

With more precise control over buffs and debuffs, you could up the difficulty of encounters knowing that players have the tools to more easily spot debuffs.

Already quoted, but this.

I have a anni marauder and damn.... It's hard to see your dots on target in a 8 players operation (and I don't even want to think what kind of a mess could that be in a 16 one ). I sometimes just find myself "guessing" if I need to recharge my sabers, or if I should refresh Rupture.

Even it's hard to see if I have the 3 stacks of annihilation on me. Options on what to see and what not see would be great, but I'd be happy if I could see "my" stuff with bigger icons than anything else and always on the 1st row, so a quick glance at the target's bar would suffice to know what needs to be done.

Edited by wainot-keel

I wouldn't classify Kephess as a Healer fight at all. Each role as their own checks they must overcome during the course of the fight or the raid will not be successful.

Kephess is one of the more balance fights in game come to think it. And probably the most well done.

At all? This is the most healing intensive fight in the game. If you don't have great healers you will never see kephess sub 60%. Good positioning for bombers/ walker dps phase reduces the need for insane dps. Good positioning for adds/pulsar droid phases reduces the chance of a raid member getting insta-gibbed. Healing during the kephess phase cannot be reduced or mitigated except by excellent healing.

This fight is a positioning and healer fight however you break it down. Even on 8m where there is more emphasis on maximizing dps, you only have two healers, which makes their skill level even more important. No boss in the game delivers as heavy and consistent damage as kephess (only comparison is nightmare Jarg). You can make it up to kephess dropping with mediocre heals/dps but once he comes down from the walker, if your healers are not skilled/ready it's a wipe every time.

Options on what to see and what not see would be great, but I'd be happy if I could see "my" stuff with bigger icons than anything else and always on the 1st row, so a quick glance at the target's bar would suffice to know what needs to be done.

Exactly this :) I found this to be especially important when I was healing on an operative. I can't tell you how many times I refreshed my hot needlessly because somebody else's stack was about to fall off.

At all? This is the most healing intensive fight in the game. If you don't have great healers you will never see kephess sub 60%. Good positioning for bombers/ walker dps phase reduces the need for insane dps. Good positioning for adds/pulsar droid phases reduces the chance of a raid member getting insta-gibbed. Healing during the kephess phase cannot be reduced or mitigated except by excellent healing.

This fight is a positioning and healer fight however you break it down. Even on 8m where there is more emphasis on maximizing dps, you only have two healers, which makes their skill level even more important. No boss in the game delivers as heavy and consistent damage as kephess (only comparison is nightmare Jarg). You can make it up to kephess dropping with mediocre heals/dps but once he comes down from the walker, if your healers are not skilled/ready it's a wipe every time.

NiM Jarg is the most healing intensive I'd say, He does insane damage on the tank throughout the entire fight while Kephess only starts doing insane damage in his last 60%.

The first few phases are more DPS focused, The last phase is more focused on tank communication and skill since if they are bad you'll wipe everytime. Healers only need to focus the tanks in that last phase, so if the DPS are skilled enough to watch their aggro they shouldn't take any unnecessary damage and will make it easier for healers. It's not such a healing intensive phase since you can rotate between 2 tanks who have their own set of CD's. On NiM Jarg you only have 1 tank tanking Jarg and only his set of CD's.

That's just from my experience ;)