New Statement about Charactec Transfers

idonotdonot

Charactar Transfers and server mergers are passe questions.

It has been announced they're moving to "super servers" with massive populations. So all of those cross server , server transfer server merger questions are now moot.

If by announced you mean that it was once mentionned as a concept that should be beneficial to all MMOs in general, without any additional statement that they were being implemented at all, or any sort of potential ETA.

It is more of a lofty goal for the distant future. It is more vaporware than announcement.

I am really curious how they are going to spin 'targetted server transfers' when they need to have a 5:1, source:destination ratio, and what they are going to do when people refuse to leave the dead servers, because 'this is not a merger'.

to me, the fact that they didn't bother to have this basic function in game at launch speaks loudly of two things...

Pretty well documented that they did have a system in place at launch, they just broke it with legacy.

to me, the fact that they didn't bother to have this basic function in game at launch speaks loudly of two things... they were no where ready to launch this game when they did, and needed a good 6-8 months to get it p to snuff and add basic features that other games have, and secondly, I honestly think they over-estimated the zeal with which folks would flock to, and stay with the game - and thus figured they could get away with this feature for a time being.

bottom line... they thought they had the second coming and folks wouldn't leave in droves before they put in the most basic of features on a server based game.

Also, seeing that the transfers worked in part for the other non-US side of the world, not sure why it needs SOOOOO much testing, unless it was a slapjob and was all done manually behind the scenes and for this scope (going to be HUGE), they can't spare the manpower.

Transfers have never been and never will be a priority at launch. New players don't need transfers yet. I know a few games had transfer systems at launch but that doesn't mean they needed them.

I am really curious how they are going to spin 'targetted server transfers' when they need to have a 5:1, source:destination ratio, and what they are going to do when people refuse to leave the dead servers, because 'this is not a merger'.

Eventually the people on the dead servers will be merged to another server maybe even without choice.

BTW: I read this exact same post on another thread. Was that you or did you just copy someone else?

Edited by JerokTalram

i care and i think more than 500k cares the game is still alive if you don't believe go to a standard/ heavy population server and you will see people still playing the game

dude get real... the end is in sight for this game.... its GAME OVER get used to it!!!

i care and i think more than 500k cares the game is still alive if you don't believe go to a standard/ heavy population server and you will see people still playing the game

If you care, and 500k people care, why the hell did you quote me when I said "Who cares when nobody is left playing the game"? Obviously if you and 500k people care, that fails to meet my qualification, right?

The point I was making, that seems to have escaped you, was that "working" needs to ALSO be timely. They don't have for freaking ever. Everyday they delay, hurts them and the game more and more. This isn't the 1st game to ever need transfers and consolidation. The fact that these weren't ready at launch, speaks volumes of Bioware's arrogance and lack of experience.

Eventually the people on the dead servers will be merged to another server maybe even without choice.

BTW: I read this exact same post on another thread. Was that you or did you just copy someone else?

Probably me cuz they keep closing threads on duplicate topics, wanted to see some actual discussion.

Putting aside when the transfer service will be released, what I'm very interested in knowing is how they will use the system.

What restrictions will be in place?

Will it cost money, and if so how much?

If the service is guided at first, what servers will get offers to move where?

None of these questions have anything to do with the tech, or when the service goes live.:(