Define "soon" because you have lost critical mass

chadicus

I know you guys are trying to be more transparent with your communication to the community. We need a realistic ball-park estimate on some things and "soon" and "early summer" are just not good enough. Not to be demanding, but we are tired of logging on to absolutely dead servers. During peak hours last night my server had 25 people. Not my fleet, my SERVER. I was one of 4 people on fleet. 1.3 is not even on the test server yet and another month waiting to actually PLAY the game (at the earliest) is unacceptable.

Server mergers transfers whatever are required just to keep the subs you have now! (Which is probably less than 400k total at this point.) You gave everyone with a level 50 a free 30 days and still reported losing 400k subs...... Stop dragging your feet on the population issue.

I know you guys are trying to be more transparent with your communication to the community. We need a realistic ball-park estimate on some things and "soon" and "early summer" are just not good enough. Not to be demanding, but we are tired of logging on to absolutely dead servers. During peak hours last night my server had 25 people. Not my fleet, my SERVER. I was one of 4 people on fleet. 1.3 is not even on the test server yet and another month waiting to actually PLAY the game (at the earliest) is unacceptable.

Server mergers transfers whatever are required just to keep the subs you have now! (Which is probably less than 400k total at this point.) You gave everyone with a level 50 a free 30 days and still reported losing 400k subs...... Stop dragging your feet on the population issue.

Your thread is new and refreshing Sir, do you have a newsletter that I could subscribe to by chance?

First of all, thanks for being constructive with your post - we appreciate it when people express something that can be frustrating while being nice. :) I hope this will shed a little light on why you see so much "soon" sometimes:

We like to give out solid dates when we have them, no doubt about that. However, we also want you to know about things we're working on - sometimes before they have a solid date.

We do try to balance: the community wants to know what's going on, what's on the table, and what's coming for the game. We also want you to know that information, but in game development, deadlines and dates shift very often as a result of the multitude of variables that are part of the process (one example is having serious bugs come up in testing that require time to address). This means that we sometimes need to be vague about when a feature or change is coming.

We don't want to give dates and then constantly adjust them because that creates confusion and plenty of frustration, but we do want you to know what we're working on. This often leads to us having to be vague in order to provide information, but we're always working toward the goal of delivering a date to you for anything that's coming up. We know that the vagueness can be frustrating, but silence can be, too, and we want to give you information! We'll keep working to get dates whenever we can, but I can't promise you won't see another "soon" when we talk about future plans.

/end thread

I will never understand why devs don't launch new titles with a server xfer system already in place. It would save a ton of player base headache and sub numbers if they did so. That goes for any mmo. Edited by AutoCocker

You on a dead server?

Sadly, I am, we have been running about 9-14 people daily on fleet which makes PvP suck but I am soooooooooo looking forward to the server transfers. I just know that making, demanding, threatening, etc.... threads when there are already 54657643 on the exact same issue AND that they (BW) have given the answer that it is a prioity for them which means, as soon as they can implement a SAFE way to do, they will. Because of this answer, I am happy and content and the fact they did not say "sometime in 2013" makes me even happier =)

i knew this was gonna happen. watch transfers/ mergers arent gonna happen till july/august. its *********** ridiculous thats why i unsubbed. thanks alot bioware, whats the point of having a legacy system if i had to reroll to another server just so i could play with someone.:mad::mad:

Define "soon" because you have lost critical mass

After “now” but before “later”.

Good?

Your thread is new and refreshing Sir, do you have a newsletter that I could subscribe to by chance?

As is your reply good sir, perhaps you could be persuaded to add your original and enlightening replies to more posts on these forums?

Compelling and rich.

As is your contribution.

:sul_tongue:

Hi OP:

(this is a serious suggestion, and is not mean to inflame you...)

Just unsubscribe, and return when server merges (or whatever) happen.

The more people who do that, the sooner the merges will be forced to occur.

I do not believe these threads are helping in the slightest, and only serve to clutter up the forums.

Do what you like, however...

Well if some of you programs for you must be to know how to solve the issues with transfers and merges they will have. Will just go to work for BioWare and teach them how to get around legacy issues of possible same names and how to work sending legacy over. And possible first name issues. Who gets to keep the name, who has to rename.

How to calm those who are going to lose their name and so on. I know you all do for you keep demanding they do it now its easy some say. And BW has always given a soon and around this time answer. Because there can be problems. You give some one a set date and issues arise that cause you to delay it and every one screams at you.

They will be here when they are READY. You have a choice wait paitently like I am or rage quit.

You on a dead server?

I'm on a dead server now too and can't wait for server transfers, but "soon" and "early summer" is as good as you're gonna get for estimates. If they told us 3-4 weeks and it was delayed (which it very easily could be) then people would rage and complain even more.

There's no point in asking for a specific date when they don't have one yet.

Greetings,

We know that communication is one of the top concerns of the players right now, especially as they wait for updates on various subjects, including server transfers. Allison Berryman posted about releasing information and why it is difficult to be more specific about timelines:

First of all, thanks for being constructive with your post - we appreciate it when people express something that can be frustrating while being nice. :) I hope this will shed a little light on why you see so much "soon" sometimes:

We like to give out solid dates when we have them, no doubt about that. However, we also want you to know about things we're working on - sometimes before they have a solid date.

We do try to balance: the community wants to know what's going on, what's on the table, and what's coming for the game. We also want you to know that information, but in game development, deadlines and dates shift very often as a result of the multitude of variables that are part of the process (one example is having serious bugs come up in testing that require time to address). This means that we sometimes need to be vague about when a feature or change is coming.

We don't want to give dates and then constantly adjust them because that creates confusion and plenty of frustration, but we do want you to know what we're working on. This often leads to us having to be vague in order to provide information, but we're always working toward the goal of delivering a date to you for anything that's coming up. We know that the vagueness can be frustrating, but silence can be, too, and we want to give you information! We'll keep working to get dates whenever we can, but I can't promise you won't see another "soon" when we talk about future plans.

If you would like to join that conversation, you may post your thoughts here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=4515264#edit4515264

There is also another active thread on communication, which you can find here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=468772

We will be closing this thread now. We thank you for understanding and for your patience as we get ready for the upcoming transfers.