Anyone else ever lol at DPS trying to kill your healer?

TomC

Last night I enjoyed the sight of a Marauder blowing all offensive cool downs and his bubble while attacking my guarded healer after I had taunted him and guardian leaped to my healer. The tiny amount of damage he was doing actually gave me time to /lol and wait for his bubble to drop before I jumped over and melted his face.

Guard + Taunt + Guardian leap FTW

Anyone else enjoying the comedy gold of tanking in PvP? :)

Ya know what though? As many times as I've thrown my opening rotation at a healer to see it do no damage because he's self healing and he's guarded there are just as many times as I've killed a healer AND his tank by throwing out my offensive cool downs after the tanks taunts wear off. It's not rocket science. Just throw out some unsubstantial attacks for the first few seconds and then once you stop glowing red you can really lay into that healer. I like beating on Guarded targets because by the time they're dead the tank usually only has half his life or less left. It's also hilarious when you kill both of them at the same time with the same hit. There have been several occasions when I've dispatched a guarded target so hard that his tank died right along with him. :D

Those were terrible healers and/or tanks that didn't peel.

Of course it could be said the DPS that bang away at completely protected healers are the terrible ones. lol

Edited by TomC

Those were terrible healers and/or tanks that didn't peel.

Of course it could be said the DPS that bang away at completely protected healers are the terrible ones. lol

In fairness this is a pretty rare situation for me to have done this 1v1. I imagine that I caught them both with their defensive cool downs unavailable and having blown their stuns and medpacks. More often than not when I'm killing a guarded target and his tank it's usually some DPS.

Banging away at a healer can sometimes be the wrong thing to do but even if you're not killing a healer applying pressure to a healer is always important. Because if you can force the healer to heal himself then you've effectively neutralized him because at this point he's not healing the team.