Skill assistance please

harvb

Hey all,

Only recently started a BH and am level 17. So far I'm just not feeling the love, wonder where I'm going wrong.

I just look at all the skills and I'm wondering if I'm just putting them in the wrong place, really not sure.

I went Powertech as I thought it would make me more survivable, especially as I am using Mako as my healer (who is okay, not perfect but okay). I'm primarily interested in PVE - at the moment anyway. And predominantely solo (with companion).

Anyway, I'm surviving most battles, holding my own. But... I can't put my finger on it, I don't *feel* as though I'm making an impact. I feel like the enemy are just sort of dying, and I'm barely surviving boss fights of Elite's a couple of levels lower than me (if at all).

Maybe I'm grumbling about nothing. Any recommendations for skills to give me a much needed feeling of "Woohoo!"?

Cheers all,

-h-

Really depends what spec you're rolling with. If you want the WOOHOO effect go Pyrotech or advanced Prototype. At low lvls you will want to go damage until you have enough talent pts to make the tank Shield Tech worthwhile. Make good use of your Stuns and rapid shots.

No matter what Spec you decide on you can still have alot of fun with the Powertech and should have no problem surviving PVE with Mako. Below is a PvP Video lvl 10 Huttball with 0-0-0 spec, very basic gear and no stims/buffs. if you decide to go Biochem you will have no problem with World PvP and PVE skirmishes.

And if you think Pyrotech is the one for you, check out this in depth lvl 50 Spec guide.

Thanks for suggestions guys, really appreciate that.

Currently I'm rolling with a weird hybrid of skills as I can't settle on anything. Nothing feels quite right yet, so I'm dabbling!

Gear wise I'm stuck with what I pick up/loot, so I suspect it's not the best gear in the world.

go to the powertech subforum and read all of the guides.

Respecs are not incredibly expensive, so I would suggest finding a spec you like and then reset your skills and start working on a specific spec.

Personally, I went Shield Tech and like it for its survivability.