And once again, Europe gets screwed over Maintainance times

Yoshiblade

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The maintenance window was picked so as to minimize the smallest possible number of users globally. This has been explained several times. Moreover, except when the window is extended, it does not affect EU prime time, but rather daytime.

It's not far off EU Prime Time now, ans servers are still down.

Blizzard got separate maintenance for their game, and that game was first released in the US. Either A. BioWare is trying to save money on maints or B. They are piss poor and can't hire people for a second division to do maintenance on servers for the people in Europe.

C. It's an answer to a request. In every game that has separated maintenance time, some people complain that another group of people get the content first (so have more chance at things like world first for thoses interested in that) or complain that they are somehow betatesting the patch for the other sides.

Not saying it's a good choice, just that there's more reasons than you think.

The maintenance window was picked so as to minimize the smallest possible number of users globally. This has been explained several times. Moreover, except when the window is extended, it does not affect EU prime time, but rather daytime.

I wonder if they've reviewed those stats since they rolled the game out to new countries.

In any case, you can thank the small but vocal minority of forum whiners pre-release who raged about EU players being treated like 2nd class citizens in previous MMO's and demanding that Bioware allow them to access US servers when SWTOR went live.

Had the game been region locked like most other MMO's (WoW included), then i'm sure we would have seen seperate maintenance windows for US/EU/APAC.

As it is, we just have to deal with it.

And if you think EU players are hard done by, then spare a few thoughts for the APAC players who get hit bang in the middle of their primetime.

C. It's an answer to a request. In every game that has separated maintenance time, some people complain that another group of people get the content first (so have more chance at things like world first for thoses interested in that) or complain that they are somehow betatesting the patch for the other sides.

So, basically, it's screw over certain time zones and have people complain, or be fair about it, and have people complain... Poor Bioware.

I say that Bioware should take the 'be fair' option. I doubt there are too many people who would complain that the US or EU or wherever got their content a couple of hours early, but doing it this way pisses off entire continents worth of players.

I could care less who get's a patch first, extending the maint beyond 13:00 is ridiculous.

Edited by siegedeluxe

Had the game been region locked like most other MMO's (WoW included), then i'm sure we would have seen seperate maintenance windows for US/EU/APAC.

If they can break them seperately, then I'm quite sure it is within the realm of possiblity for them to patch them or do maintance on them seperately too. :csw_yoda:

Edited by Goretzu

Thanking us for our patience whatever that means would be giving a time for when the servers are going to be up or an explanation for why they our down.

It isn't scheduled maintenance when its gone on twice as long as the schedule should be and only effected some of the servers. Then to add to the good relations mostly just delete any posts that are demmed political? Once again its hard to work out what that could mean in the context as I get a feeling that people are mostly annoyed A the servers are down and B that its EU servers that have been shafted. Its not like any distiniction been EU and US is unfounded.

In a time when TOR is losing players not letting the remaining subs play seems crazy. And then to not explain why these servers are down, why they were selected and not to offer any time frame begs the question what are the community team doing?

If they can break them seperately, then I'm quite sure it is within the realm of possiblity for them to patch them or do maintance on them seperately too. :csw_yoda:

And just think of the whine when someone tries to be smart by logging into an EU server to patch early (while US servers wouldn't have been updated yet) then can't access their US server until it's been patched as well.

They can't do middle of the night server downtime because the Banshees would get us and kill us!

And Sean is really sorry for spilling Paddy's coffee on the PvP/RP server, but he said "Sure no bugger plays on them anyways! To be sure!"

More Guiness plz sir! :o

*Edit*

PS. Yes, I'm allowed to insult myself, it's not racist if your that race! (In before the PC crowd jumps aboard!). ;)

Edited by Sporin

I think youre missing the point, its not because the servers are down, its more that they choose to do it during peak time and dont split the time zones like they do in WoW....its the reason they have lost a lot of subs. Plus, why would they thank BW for providing a service they pay for?

Well im in the UK and guess what.. servers are down.. more importantly the sky is still blue, the suns is shining (that's is truly a miracle) and the downtime has presented me with an real dilema..... do I carry on working on some accounts, do I relax in the garden with a cold one, should I go for a run or should I post OMG, OMG the servers are down, the end of the world is nigh, my life is over threads on the forums ... hmmmmm

And where is this peak gaming time in EU your talking peak time doesnt even begin to build on these EU servers till around 7pm... if they ever reach anything like peak.

So please quit the crys of hatred, its downtime, there is nothing you can do about it except accept the offer of some chill time or un-sub.. either way SWTOR will be back in your lives soon...honest

**(begins dancing round totem pole)**

10 minutes after 4pm (the time they said the servers would be up). Any update available?

Today , 04:02 PM | #4

The European servers listed above are still unavailable. At this time we do not have an estimate for the end of the maintenance. We'll continue to post updates an information in this thread as they become available. Thank you for your patience!

Amber Green | Live Community Coordinator

Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook

[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

The latest update in the sticky now gives no time for the servers to come back on line. It would be lovely if Bioware would give some indication as to what the problem is, but I guess it will be another three hours until the next moderator post saying not a lot again. I'm speculating someone spilt Guinness on the hardware over in Ireland.

"A small number of servers in the European regrion are still unavailable when we perform scheduled maintenance."

I have characters on 3 servers, and all 3 are still unavailable. Jeez, if they want me to reroll, they could have just asked :mad:

And just think of the whine when someone tries to be smart by logging into an EU server to patch early (while US servers wouldn't have been updated yet) then can't access their US server until it's been patched as well.

They'd have to alter the patcher, I guess, so you selected reigon first (or went to your last selected reigon).

Over and above that it wouldn't be any different to now, other than a bit more downloading and potentially re-downloading.

They can't do middle of the night server downtime because the Banshees would get us and kill us!

And Sean is really sorry for spilling Paddy's coffee on the PvP/RP server, but he said "Sure no bugger plays on them anyways! To be sure!"

More Guiness plz sir! :o

*Edit*

PS. Yes, I'm allowed to insult myself, it's not racist if your that race! (In before the PC crowd jumps aboard!). ;)

That's it.. you had to do it.. you had to push me over the cliff face.. now I gotta go buy me some cold guiness.. the garden and the sunshine awaits.....

**(finishes dance round totem pole.. the SWTOR Gods must be watching the French Open Tennis and fallen asleep due to boredom)**

That's it.. you had to do it.. you had to push me over the cliff face.. now I gotta go buy me some cold guiness.. the garden and the sunshine awaits.....

**(finishes dance round totem pole.. the SWTOR Gods must be watching the French Open Tennis and fallen asleep due to boredom)**

Lol glad I helped matey! Have one for me, I'm trapped cookin for the tribe atm! :(

still tomb of freedonad is offline, and no explaintion. I am seroiusly considering not renewing my subs when they run out, on 17/10/12 as their is no explation of what is going on. This is what iratiates me not that down and all the others servers are up but they don`t have the common curitsey to tell us what going on!

still tomb of freedonad is offline, and no explaintion. I am seroiusly considering not renewing my subs when they run out, on 17/10/12 as their is no explation of what is going on. This is what iratiates me not that down and all the others servers are up but they don`t have the common curitsey to tell us what going on!

I'd assume something broke rather than maintance raged out of all control. :)

But yep with no estimated time and no explanation (so basically no information at all), it's impossible to even guess really, which is a bit irritating.

Although it's a rare game developer that says "Oops we broke the hamster". :D

Edited by Goretzu