The most broken thing in PvP right now is actually DPS Powertechs/Vanguards

AmonAmarth

A MMORPG will never be balanced. There will always be an overpowered class, and balance changes will always be necessary.

Does this mean that we'd be better off just leaving things alone? Granted, it sucks when poor balance choices are made, but overall, a healthy MMORPG, is one that listens to the playerbase, and makes needed balance changes throughout its lifetime.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A MMORPG will never be balanced. There will always be an overpowered class, and balance changes will always be necessary.

Does this mean that we'd be better off just leaving things alone? Granted, it sucks when poor balance choices are made, but overall, a healthy MMORPG, is one that listens to the playerbase, and makes needed balance changes throughout its lifetime.

Listening to a KNOWLEDGEABLE playerbase is fine. Listening to people who cry non stop while claiming to know that "x class is over the top, they need a nerf" is a "poor balance change". I'm glad Bioware takes a while to make balance changes, b/c it gives the people who actually know what they are talking about more time to disprove all the whining, crying, and nerfing comments about whatever class seems to be the pick of the week.

BS. I play assault specced vanguard, AM full bm with 2 WH peices, combat tech gear, with some eliminator pieces (all DPS) and I hit 400k on occassion. And that occassion is usualy voidstar, where there are other people either at or around my damage, namely knights.

OP is trolling dont feed it.

I don't think they are that bad but LOL at the guy that says learn when to interrupt and stun. They only really use unload and very rarely.

The best time to stun a PT is ALL the time because they have so much insta cast burst. This is one of 3 classes that ANY stun is a smart stun.

I don't think they are that bad but LOL at the guy that says learn when to interrupt and stun. They only really use unload and very rarely.

The best time to stun a PT is ALL the time because they have so much insta cast burst. This is one of 3 classes that ANY stun is a smart stun.

The best time to stun a PT is when you see the Thermal Detonator on your chest blinking.

After that, the best time to stun a PT is when you see them Rocket Punch, or hear the laugh.

The best time to stun a PT is when you see the Thermal Detonator on your chest blinking.

After that, the best time to stun a PT is when you see them Rocket Punch, or hear the laugh.

In all serious just stun them for 8 seconds straight and burn them down. It's a lot easier. I worry about stunning maras through UR, assassins through 3 HS force lightning, any single bladed light saber through master strike.

The pyro is still gonna have the proc after the stun. It doesn't really matter that much. And since they are such glass cannons like everyone says, just stun them down.

Also, they are normally very far away when they throw the thermal. Not every class has a ranged stun.

Edited by Invictusthetaru

I think the writing is on the wall, Sent/Marauder will get nerfed sometime soon. PT/Vanguard will be next in line. Somewhere after that Assassins/Shadows will be the next in the kill box. I actually play all 3 and imo, PT is easiest to excel on due to near instant everything, my Marauder is deadly as long as I play it right but it definetly takes more work to be good. My assassin though, just keeps getting stronger (still leveling). It's slowly becoming my favorite just because it's got a good mix of everything I need and not too much where I feel like its going to get spanked by the nerf paddle anytime soon.

That said, its likely BW will nerf operative's and smuggler's next just because its in some codex for how to ruin swtor.

Listening to a KNOWLEDGEABLE playerbase is fine. Listening to people who cry non stop while claiming to know that "x class is over the top, they need a nerf" is a "poor balance change". I'm glad Bioware takes a while to make balance changes, b/c it gives the people who actually know what they are talking about more time to disprove all the whining, crying, and nerfing comments about whatever class seems to be the pick of the week.

Except- as we saw in 1.2- they listened solely to all the mindless whiners, and ignored everything the people who had done research and knew facts about classes (like what abilities they have for example).

If BW isn't going to listen to the people who are supporting what they say, but are going to make nerfs to cater to the people whining and using massive overstatements and disinformation- it only makes sense to cater to what BW wants from the community.

If BW were to actually come out and say why they are giving a nerf, why they aren't giving certain nerfs, etc... rather than just 'we like the game where it is'- maybe people will start to think differently. As long as they're silent and being incompetent in all aspects of pvp- including beyond balance- people can only assume based on BW's behaviour so far- which has been atrocious.

Giving advice on how to pvp when you yourself do not pvp very well, is not a very nice thing to do. Just saying.

Except- as we saw in 1.2- they listened solely to all the mindless whiners, and ignored everything the people who had done research and knew facts about classes (like what abilities they have for example).

oh, can I be a mindless whiner? We need to buff sage damage! :p you think it will work? :confused:

Ok, so because you got outdamaged by a recruit marauder on your PT of unknown gear and skill, we take your word that Pyro damage isn't good? Pyro does a ton of damage, the only drawback is their garbage survivability.

And you don't see how that's exactly what the OP is doing? Interesting.

So a guy in my guild who got so sick of getting destroyed in pvp by a bunch of powertechs finally got his to level 50.

Day 1. Recruit gear. He is doing 400k dps in warzones!!! Next closest guy is not even breaking 300k.

Rated warzones are just going to have groups of these guys running around all throwing their sticky grenade on one dude and insta-killing him. It takes literally NO skill.

Bioware - please do something to unbreak the ridiculously short time-to-kill that you implemented in 1.2.

The thing is, sent/mara have put your *** in the ground damage. Great ones are watchman spec'd and dot you up severely and you are dead without putting a dent into them. But you don't see many with 600k damage, because YOU ARE DEAD. Dead players can NOT take damage.

It is called effective damage. This is damage that good players see that the majority does not. The damage that gets kills and does not let the player linger only to be healed up and dps'd on again. From reading these forums, it truly is an advanced concept.

1) The class you play always underpowered.

2) The class that killed you is always overpowered.

3) This is the code of PVP.

1) I often switch to the lowest class/spec on the food chain because i like to work harder, also when i kill ppl they know they suck!, there is no denying it. :D

2) #1 makes #2 true (at least power difference between him and me)

3) Bad player Bible, yes. But 1 size does not fit all.

Edited by Dmasterr

Or add cooldown to flame burst and remove the perma snare.

Problem solved.

All 3 specs killed in PvP

Tanking and dpsing specs killed in PvE

Playing from day 1 of early access and main tanking through EV / Karagga's / EC = worthless

= quit

How would you like a cooldown on charged burst / grav round / slash / whatever other ability is central to your class?

And you don't see how that's exactly what the OP is doing? Interesting.

This.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

400k damage per second really sounds OP, how much dmg did he have? 40mills?

only if the warzone lasted 100 seconds... Which i suspect it may have, not only did his 400k dps kill the players, but their alts, and everyone in their guild who were not even online.

All 3 specs killed in PvP

Tanking and dpsing specs killed in PvE

Playing from day 1 of early access and main tanking through EV / Karagga's / EC = worthless

= quit

How would you like a cooldown on charged burst / grav round / slash / whatever other ability is central to your class?

This.

Jugg/guard have a perma snare that when defensively spec'd does NOT cost action and can be constantly applied... oh yah, it is an aoe too. That is a perma snare.

A single target 2 second snare that costs action on a class that has the worst action management is NOT a perma snare. You can stun and then all of a sudden, you are not snared (2 seconds). The flame burst snare is the Ford Focus of snares. You get it at a good cost, but pretty much all other cars out there are better.

Agreed, you shot the right spot. Powertech pyro is the most OP class.

1. They do unresonable damage and ignore armor.

2. All their main attacks are ranged and instant.

They press few button and instantly deliver huge damage from 10-30 meters range on the move and automatically slow target.

Bioware should nerf powertechs or give to all other classes an ability to penetrate armor completly on all theirs attacks also all ranged classes should be able to do all theirs attack instant cast on the move and without cover, at the same time all melee need to remove cooldown from the charge and have spammable charge. These changes are needed to make all classes equal to the current broken state of PT/Vanguard.

Only one attack ignores armor.

I am getting really tired of all the OP class QQing. One week it's Sorcs/Sages, then it's Marauders/Sents, then Assassin/Shadow.... Sniper/Gunslinger... now it's PTs/Vans... when does it end? Every class has a counter... I run a operative healer. Against a tank class (1v1), other operatives/scounds, a fair bit of snipers if I'm sneaky enough, and a number of sorcs/sages (again being sneaky) I hold my own just fine. I have the most trouble with DPS classes. They rock my world, I can give them a run for their money, but in the end, they'll get me if I don't get help. And you know what? I AM OKAY WITH THAT. I pvp, I expect certain classes to beat me. I also enjoy seeing people take classes that aren't 'FotM' at the time and make them sing. Honestly, any class when you see good players behind it and there's particularly a fair number of them out there at once, it's easy to want to cry 'NERF!". They're the class beating your face in and ganging up on you and it hurts. It doesn't for some reason feel bad if say you have 3 people gang up on you on different classes, but if you see 3 (insert any class here) you remember that it's 3 of them and how you melted.

When 1.2 first hit, there were so many marauders running around it seemed like they were indeed OPd at the time... I realized though that's it's just cause there were so many of them, like pre 1.2 with so many Sorcs, now that the newness has died down, I find that most marauders aren't an issue except for the ones being wielded by exceptional players. And you know what, they kill me, good for them. They had to play their class well to do it (NERF OP/SCOUND HEALERS! ((not really, no please))). My point is, this whole cry fest on PTs is the same thing. I've run into a few that really really know their class and they do really well with it. Good for them! I look forward to the challenge of countering them in WZs. In the mean time, I'm gonna try to stay real about all this and encourage others who are thinking of jumping on this 'ZOMG, my EPEEN is HURTZ' thread to take a deep breath, look at the bigger picture and realize that there will be someone out there to counter you in WZs no matter what class you play. And that is as it should be. If you don't like it, maybe pvp is not for you.

I challenge you, the players, to stop calling for NERFS and start objectively looking at the classes that you find powerful and study them, the players behind the class, and all the other variables that go into it before making wild presumptions. Based off a few numbers from a scoreboard of a couple of games. In the end, no one needs a nerf, just tweaks.

True story. Very well put.

+1 interwebz for you

So a guy in my guild who got so sick of getting destroyed in pvp by a bunch of powertechs finally got his to level 50.

Day 1. Recruit gear. He is doing 400k dps in warzones!!! Next closest guy is not even breaking 300k.

Rated warzones are just going to have groups of these guys running around all throwing their sticky grenade on one dude and insta-killing him. It takes literally NO skill.

Bioware - please do something to unbreak the ridiculously short time-to-kill that you implemented in 1.2.

Getting destroyed in WZs? Reroll on Infinity Gate. You'll never lose! (Cuz WZs don't pop on our server.)