The most broken thing in PvP right now is actually DPS Powertechs/Vanguards

AmonAmarth

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DPS vanguards are consistently the highest dps in every WZ they are in on Belgoths Beacon and their burst is insane. We don't get to play imps that much anymore so its always repub vs repub so I tend to notice these vanguards. With that said, not sure they need to be nerfed. Sick of hearing people wanting to nerf classes. Edited by MMOgamer

The main problem is other classes are mainly clueless. If people aren't taunting, ccing or focusing the PT Pyros then what do you expect? Why people are even mentioning 1v1 situations is beyond me. In pugs I manage to take people out, I get taken out as many times.

Instead of blaming the class, maybe you should be looking to the people you play with and serve up some L2P. If a pure DPS class is allowed to run abount nuking everyone, maybe put a mark on them?

Can't educate pork.

Did you just seriously say that? rapid fire reapplies the slow over and over, and costs 0.

How about you actually read the tooltip? "Loads your blaster with combustible gas, giving all of your blaster attacks a 10% chance to deal xxxx additional elemental damage over 6 seconds. Only one cylinder can be active at a time."

How about you actually read the tooltip? "Loads your blaster with combustible gas, giving all of your blaster attacks a 10% chance to deal xxxx additional elemental damage over 6 seconds. Only one cylinder can be active at a time."

Wait, *** are we talking about here? Are we talking about combustable gas chamber or the sweltering heat talent?

I don't rely on Rapid to proc the cylinder, but I just wanted to point out that it's a 16% chance to proc w/ Pyro talents.

Because a PT will always outdamage a Sorc/Sage but doesn't stand a chance to outdamage a Marauder/Sentinel.

Also that would be pointless. Powertech is a glass cannon and is supposed to. The only thing that needs fixing is a short cooldown on Flameburst and the removal of that perma snare.

There is no perma snare. It's a talent that adds a 2s snare to Ion Pulse when used with Ion Cell or Plasma Cell. You know how fast you would run out of heat / ammo doing that?

Wait, *** are we talking about here? Are we talking about combustable gas chamber or the sweltering heat talent?

Sweltering Heat

Combustible Gas Cylinder has a [50 / 100]% chance when it applies its effects to reduce the movement speed of the target by 50% for 2 seconds.

As you can see, only when the dot from CGC is applied does the snare happen.

Sweltering Heat

Combustible Gas Cylinder has a [50 / 100]% chance when it applies its effects to reduce the movement speed of the target by 50% for 2 seconds.

OK I will have to test this again to see when it applies.

Edited by Sookster

So a guy in my guild who got so sick of getting destroyed in pvp by a bunch of powertechs finally got his to level 50.

Day 1. Recruit gear. He is doing 400k dps in warzones!!! Next closest guy is not even breaking 300k.

Rated warzones are just going to have groups of these guys running around all throwing their sticky grenade on one dude and insta-killing him. It takes literally NO skill.

Bioware - please do something to unbreak the ridiculously short time-to-kill that you implemented in 1.2.

400K damage doesnt equal a win nor does it mean anything specific. Just shows the opposing team left him unchecked. Was it a group of squishys that cant cleanse burn damage? I know PTs can be lethal but so can other classes that go unchecked. Top of the chart dps means nothing if your team is losing overall. And if a PT is leading the way to all these technical WZs by himeself, something is wrong on ur server. They are all about damage but can do nothing against it.

Edited by Pexxle

400K damage doesnt equal a win nor does it mean anything specific. Just shows how bad either the opposing team was and or bad composition, which happens all the time in PvP. Was it a group of squishys that cant cleanse burn damage? I know PTs can be lethal but so can other classes that go unchecked. Moving along.

A lot of times high overall damage actually indicates the lack of burst. Because if you kill everyone in 4 GCDs and then wait 30 seconds for them to respawn, you aren't going to do a lot of overall damage.

Rofl, 2k aimed shot? How can you achieve that low dmg?

And my half bm half recruit full tank powertech does more than 1,8k dmg with 1 rail shot.

Well but its true.I have full wh pyrotech and too other wh people i hitink for 1600wiht crit and recruit set 3.2.

And if somebody runing naked in wz i can hit with all buf+ad etc maximal 4000+ .

And its still weapon dmg so its can miss damn easy+long reuse.

This class is avarage worst survive in game,must go close becouse no dash,jump etc.heat is terible.expansive skill.but nice dmg

Did you just seriously say that? rapid fire reapplies the slow over and over, and costs 0.

LOL? its dont give slow

Sweltering Heat

No, people are talking about the Ionized Ignition talent. 3/3 talent where Ion Pulse 100% triggers your Plasma Cell if active. And Plasma Cell triggers Sweltering Heat which applies the snare for 100% up time. This is where people complain about the perma snare. High Friction Bolts talent then refreshes the burn effect if it's there when you use High Impact Bolt.

So the only way to keep someone perma snared is spamming Ion Pulse or rely on Ionic Accelerator Procs which can only happen once every 6s. But the snare is for 2s only. No way you can keep anyone perma snared without running out of ammo / heat too fast.

Edited by Ngamok

so all the fotm reroller maras hit 50 and dont know how to pop there cds to burn down a pyro?

and pls that none sence with all range being instant bs POWERTECH IS A MELEE CLASS you confusing it with a merch who been nerfed to the ground and now you whine because you cant keep apart a pt from a merch

what did maras say when ppl complain about there massive cds cleanse, stun, kb, l2play

and read the skills perma snare for 2 seconds rofl

Edited by mamosh

A lot of times high overall damage actually indicates the lack of burst. Because if you kill everyone in 4 GCDs and then wait 30 seconds for them to respawn, you aren't going to do a lot of overall damage.

I wish more people would realize this.

If you are doing high damage in a WZ, it's because you ARE NOT KILLING PEOPLE.

If you are a GOOD DPS, your damage will go down due to actually killing your targets quickly. Conversely, your kill ratio will go up, but this can also easily be padded.

All in all, basing judgment on the scoreboard is stupid. Period.

Edited by Varicite

I wish more people would realize this.

If you are doing high damage in a WZ, it's because you ARE NOT KILLING PEOPLE.

If you are a GOOD DPS, your damage will go down due to actually killing your targets quickly. Conversely, your kill ratio will go up, but this can also easily be padded.

All in all, basing judgment on the scoreboard is stupid. Period.

Actually this is not true either. If you have high damage and high killing blows/several solo kills, I wouldn't call the damage useless. As you speified yourself as well :) If you have 20 kills and 18 killingblows with 6 solo kills that probably says more than 50 kills with 3 killingblows. Or you are kb stealer (never understood that, who cares who got the killing blow as long as he's dead :D :D). Those are just examples to show that the numbers can be interpreted in many ways regarding your mood and room temperature.

I agree that damage count is often misleading, I have seen sages simply dot up everything and end up with crazy numbers.

It didn't really help the team very much though, as those dots are usually countered by AoE healing even.

Actually this is not true either. If you have high damage and high killing blows/several solo kills, I wouldn't call the damage useless. As you speified yourself as well :) If you have 20 kills and 18 killingblows with 6 solo kills that probably says more than 50 kills with 3 killingblows. Or you are kb stealer (never understood that, who cares who got the killing blow as long as he's dead :D :D). Those are just examples to show that the numbers can be interpreted in many ways regarding your mood and room temperature.

I agree that damage count is often misleading, I have seen sages simply dot up everything and end up with crazy numbers.

It didn't really help the team very much though, as those dots are usually countered by AoE healing even.

Oh, I know, there are WAYS to interpret a particular match's scoreboard and discern a good idea of where someone stands, damage-wise.

But let's be honest, that's not what's happening on these forums. The way these stupid screenshots are being used here is sheer idiocy, and it honestly amazes me how few people are willing to stop and actually LOOK at the pictures.

Few deaths, extremely high healing, big protection numbers, and then a DPS w/ high damage because he kept spamming his abilities into a healer or tank.

Yeah, not impressive.

I am getting really tired of all the OP class QQing. One week it's Sorcs/Sages, then it's Marauders/Sents, then Assassin/Shadow.... Sniper/Gunslinger... now it's PTs/Vans... when does it end? Every class has a counter... I run a operative healer. Against a tank class (1v1), other operatives/scounds, a fair bit of snipers if I'm sneaky enough, and a number of sorcs/sages (again being sneaky) I hold my own just fine. I have the most trouble with DPS classes. They rock my world, I can give them a run for their money, but in the end, they'll get me if I don't get help. And you know what? I AM OKAY WITH THAT. I pvp, I expect certain classes to beat me. I also enjoy seeing people take classes that aren't 'FotM' at the time and make them sing. Honestly, any class when you see good players behind it and there's particularly a fair number of them out there at once, it's easy to want to cry 'NERF!". They're the class beating your face in and ganging up on you and it hurts. It doesn't for some reason feel bad if say you have 3 people gang up on you on different classes, but if you see 3 (insert any class here) you remember that it's 3 of them and how you melted.

When 1.2 first hit, there were so many marauders running around it seemed like they were indeed OPd at the time... I realized though that's it's just cause there were so many of them, like pre 1.2 with so many Sorcs, now that the newness has died down, I find that most marauders aren't an issue except for the ones being wielded by exceptional players. And you know what, they kill me, good for them. They had to play their class well to do it (NERF OP/SCOUND HEALERS! ((not really, no please))). My point is, this whole cry fest on PTs is the same thing. I've run into a few that really really know their class and they do really well with it. Good for them! I look forward to the challenge of countering them in WZs. In the mean time, I'm gonna try to stay real about all this and encourage others who are thinking of jumping on this 'ZOMG, my EPEEN is HURTZ' thread to take a deep breath, look at the bigger picture and realize that there will be someone out there to counter you in WZs no matter what class you play. And that is as it should be. If you don't like it, maybe pvp is not for you.

I challenge you, the players, to stop calling for NERFS and start objectively looking at the classes that you find powerful and study them, the players behind the class, and all the other variables that go into it before making wild presumptions. Based off a few numbers from a scoreboard of a couple of games. In the end, no one needs a nerf, just tweaks.

Edited by Taevannya

There's a PT on my server that regularly breaks 500K damage and his railshots goes over 5K, I got a screenshot saying 5388 with a total of 465K damage.

The question is if he can break 500k damage if the other side doesn't have good healers. : )

In order for a Assault VG/Powertech to maintain his damage, hes gotta be running with either a pre made or a pocket healer. But then again, who can't maintain good damage if they have a pre made or a pocket healer besides baddies? Regardless of how Godly someone makes out an Assault VG/PT to be, they can be shut down. They have one defensive CD which can be LOS'ed, their DoTs can be cleansed (making their HiB unable to connect, or making them burn more ammo/RP to get a Gut/IR/IP off for another DoT), and most of their main abilities are melee which means other strong melees can really put the hurting on when the VG/PT tries to close for SS/IP/other 10m abilities. Or ranged can just snare/root and kite. On top of all this, Assault VG/PT have no strong closer like Storm or Hold the Line, which means you can stop their approach to prevent their melee/10m abilities.

After i played my Assault VG for about 2 weeks, Imps began to learn how to counter on my server. I'm really surprised there is this much crying over a class that just requires a bit of thought in countering. The "my class can't beat it, so it needs a nerf" threads need to stop. Galaxies and many other MMOs have shown that the devs who listen to the crying for nerfs turn the game into a monthly FOTM Show with a class being a top with their buffs while other classes who were cried about get nerfed into oblivion. L2think and counter, ask someone who actually plays the class for their honest opinion on the their weaknesses, or play the class yourself (to 50 and beyond) before stating something is broken.

When a thread starts with... "so this one guy"..

You are talking without experience... you are complaining about a class you obviously don't KNOW about. Play one first and then come back when you can make educated comments from experience and not make assumptions from nerd rage.