The most broken thing in PvP right now is actually DPS Powertechs/Vanguards

AmonAmarth

So a guy in my guild who got so sick of getting destroyed in pvp by a bunch of powertechs finally got his to level 50.

Day 1. Recruit gear. He is doing 400k dps in warzones!!! Next closest guy is not even breaking 300k.

Rated warzones are just going to have groups of these guys running around all throwing their sticky grenade on one dude and insta-killing him. It takes literally NO skill.

Bioware - please do something to unbreak the ridiculously short time-to-kill that you implemented in 1.2.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So a guy in my guild who got so sick of getting destroyed in pvp by a bunch of powertechs finally got his to level 50.

Day 1. Recruit gear. He is doing 400k dps in warzones!!! Next closest guy is not even breaking 300k.

Rated warzones are just going to have groups of these guys running around all throwing their sticky grenade on one dude and insta-killing him. It takes literally NO skill.

Bioware - please do something to unbreak the ridiculously short time-to-kill that you implemented in 1.2.

So we'll call this "guy" for the sake of argument...AmonAmarth....gets killed by a PT a few times in a Wz so comes on here to cry.

Yes PT Pyro has excellent burst and sustained, mobile, DPS...however, we are absolutely glass cannons. 1 very crappy defensive ability and a fairly long CD. Zero "oh ****" buttons and no means to break combat once we get into a fight...so once we start we either burst the baddie down, or respawn.

PTs are generally focussed down in a WZ and we last a couple of seconds in a fight. As with every class (even Marauders, and Assassins) easily beaten, if you know when to interrupt, when to stun and when to LOS.

My guess is you are a disgruntled Sorc, who is still trying to mindlessly mash the same buttons you did pre-1.2 and expecting to faceroll everyone....and come crying on here because you cannot anymore.

I have problems going against PT's/Vangaurds on my Scoundrel, I get that they are "meant" to be glass cannons, but they do that much burst that's it's hard to survive against them long enough to kill them and that's the problem. You are immediately on the back foot because 1/2 your health bar is gone before you know it and when you do engage one, they are not as "glass" as people make them out to be.

They are not as easy to los and disengage from as say a sniper, where you can easily counter them, they are extremely mobile, can apply pressure DPS even when you los them via dot's and can lay more burst down than any other class at the moment. Even if I spam cleanse on myself, the dot's is re-applied next GCD and I do try and stay out of that 10m kill zone.

I did roll one just for lols, so I can see how they "work" at level 11, I did 300k in a voidstar. Silly amounts of damage.

Edited by Archaar

Out of curiousity what class do you play?

Assassin or Marauder?

Also my guildmate outdamaged my Pyro PT as a Marauder with Recruit gear. Your point?

Ok, so because you got outdamaged by a recruit marauder on your PT of unknown gear and skill, we take your word that Pyro damage isn't good? Pyro does a ton of damage, the only drawback is their garbage survivability.

Ok, so because you got outdamaged by a recruit marauder on your PT of unknown gear and skill, we take your word that Pyro damage isn't good? Pyro does a ton of damage, the only drawback is their garbage survivability.

Did I ever say they were not good? There is one or two things about Pyro PT that should be changed, but other than that the class is pretty much balanced, which is not the case for either Marauder or Asssassin.

Plus, a properly skilled Sniper can outdamage a Pyro PT by a lot.

Edited by JeffrenBrek

The problem about Pyrotech/Vanguard is that they scale so extremely well with better gear. Much better than the other classes, exception maybe dps sage/sorc. Even mara/sent falls back on that.

A lethality sniper scale well with gear also, but a marksman doesnt in the same degree. That is why a warhero vanguard/powertech will be extremely more powerful than for instance a marksman sniper, even though they are almost equally crap without pvp gear. Same with dps sorc/sages that are crap without gear, even worse than vanguard/powertech in most situations, but with gear they get more and more equal.

This is where this game is messed up at the moment, like so many other games before also were.

The problem about Pyrotech/Vanguard is that they scale so extremely well with better gear. Much better than the other classes, exception maybe dps sage/sorc. Even mara/sent falls back on that.

I stopped reading after that because it's a bunch of nonsense.

Agreed, you shot the right spot. Powertech pyro is the most OP class.

1. They do unresonable damage and ignore armor.

2. All their main attacks are ranged and instant.

They press few button and instantly deliver huge damage from 10-30 meters range on the move and automatically slow target.

Bioware should nerf powertechs or give to all other classes an ability to penetrate armor completly on all theirs attacks also all ranged classes should be able to do all theirs attack instant cast on the move and without cover, at the same time all melee need to remove cooldown from the charge and have spammable charge. These changes are needed to make all classes equal to the current broken state of PT/Vanguard.

Edited by Roiz

Agreed, you shot the right spot. Powertech pyro is the most OP class.

1. They do unresonable damage and ignore armor.

2. All their main attacks are ranged and instant.

They press few button and instantly deliver huge damage from 10-30 meters range on the move and automatically slow target.

Bioware should nerf powertechs or give to all other classes an ability to penetrate armor completly on all theirs attacks also all ranged classes should be able to do all theirs attack instant cast on the move and without cover, at the same time all melee need to remove cooldown from the charge and have spammable charge. These changes are needed to make all classes equal to the current broken state of PT/Vanguard.

Or add cooldown to flame burst and remove the perma snare.

Problem solved.

As a PT pyro, I don't feel like a glass cannon, I can take a 2 on 1 and kill the first and often kill the second and keep going. And in a 1v1 I never lose (at least not in the last month or so), not against wh geared sents/maras or 'sins/shadows. (supposedly the toughest 1v1 classes going).

I should say I've got all 6 augs (no offhand weapon) that are (22) +pow, and have mostly all wh gear. Even so, any class melts with 3-4 FF'g them, assuming they are relatively geared.

We aren't really OP'd now since we can't get more than 2 railshot procs in a row, no more 3 railshots in a row- that was OP'd.

All this being said- being a goot PT pyro is all about kiting and moving in/out of the melee and mid-range classes ranges. With the right rotation and super-mobile kiting, we are deadly. But I will say this seriously- it takes skill to play a pt pyro really well. It's not a spam attack class at all, it's hard work.

That being said, almost any powertech notices a huge total DPS increase when switching to pyro for the 1st time.

I stopped reading after that because it's a bunch of nonsense.

Hehe why? Because you dont understand how that works?

On a serious note. Powertechs will most likely get a slight reduction in damage, and get some in defense. All in all a slight adjustment.

Hehe why? Because you dont understand how that works?

On a serious note. Powertechs will most likely get a slight reduction in damage, and get some in defense. All in all a slight adjustment.

Because a PT will always outdamage a Sorc/Sage but doesn't stand a chance to outdamage a Marauder/Sentinel.

Also that would be pointless. Powertech is a glass cannon and is supposed to. The only thing that needs fixing is a short cooldown on Flameburst and the removal of that perma snare.

I'm glad my PT is shieldtech spec, it's alot of fun to pvp with, I was pyro spec for a while and it got boring quickly when I killed people in 5 seconds, my merc is still pyro and doesn't kill as fast as pryo PT but still hits hard. Edited by Sookster

Because a PT will always outdamage a Sorc/Sage but doesn't stand a chance to outdamage a Marauder/Sentinel.

Also that would be pointless. Powertech is a glass cannon and is supposed to. The only thing that needs fixing is a short cooldown on Flameburst and the removal of that perma snare.

If you are getting outdamaged in pvp by marauders you are doing something wrong.

I havent played this class at all so i cant really judge if they are OP or not. What i can say however is there is only one class that can pop me for 3.5k damage with impunity while im in tank stance and nuke my augmented WH Guardian like i nuke light armour and thats a Powertech.

What makes me think to myself "this is F'in stupid" is since they are ignoring armour surely they nuke everyone like that, meaning they potentially burst every single class the best in the entire game, while having reasonable mitigation, decent utility and a range advantage? Seems borderline and with very little counter.

Perhaps some experienced Pyros can tell me otherwise?

Every other class i can think of has a obvious hard counter.

Edited by AKfourtyseven

I'll take what your taking to make such a statement. Are you one of those Marauders that barely hit 75k damage like all the other FOTMs?

No I average around 400-600k, but that drops off big time if there is a good PT in my group. Now a lot of the PT damage is AoE, but to say that a PT "can't " outd-amage a marauder is a misnomer that I'm pretty sure 99% of the community will call you on.

Pts do more damage then maras. Maras are more durable than Pts.

I don't think PTs need a nerf at all.

Edited by LiveandDieinLA

No I average around 400-600k, but that drops off big time if there is a good PT in my group. Now a lot of the PT damage is AoE, but to say that a PT "can't " outd-amage a marauder is a misnomer that I'm pretty sure 99% of the community will call you on.

Pts do more damage then maras. Maras are more durable than Pts.

I don't think PTs need a nerf at all.

If the Marauder is correctly geard and specced he will outdamage a PT 9 out of 10 times, unless he is holding a turret or being a ball handler.

Also, what damage of PTs are AOE based? Death from Above is, but has a one minute cooldown. Flamethrower is 10 meters and only really useful if people bunch up in Bunkers in Novare Coast. And Flame Sweep has to be the most useless ability of all time.

Edited by JeffrenBrek

If the Marauder is correctly geard and specced he will outdamage a PT 9 out of 10 times, unless he is holding a turret or being a ball handler.

Also, what damage of PTs are AOE based? Death from Above is, but has a one minute cooldown. Flamethrower is 10 meters and only really useless if people bunch up in Bunkers in Novare Coast. And Flame Sweep has to be the most useless ability of all time.

I'm done with you. I don't argue with people who don't even know how to play their own class.