Why do I suck?

Kisheek

So I after reaching lvl 49 and dropping about 400k to get the best gear I can for my level. I decided I wanted to try Dueling another PC of my level, so I saw a Sorc, checked his gear (which was not very good for his level) and asked if he wanted to PVP without companions. He agreed and we had a duel, which I barely won, he was out healing all the DPS I could put out whilst simultaneously doing damage to me which I could not counter heal, he got me down to about 25% HP before he started running low on force, I managed to get him down low enough I could use assassinate, which luckily was a crit, before he managed to heal himself again. When the battle ended I had about 9% HP left, and it got me thinking that I must be doing something terribly wrong for this to happen. So any help would be appreciated.

First, we'll need to look at how you're specced, second in what you do for your rotation, to get any idea on how to help you.

Well I dunno what you mean by rotation but my set up is 4 31 5. And I guess I use Saber Strike, Voltic Slash, Shock, Discharge, Low Slash, Electrocute, Overload, Force Slow, Jolt, Maul, and Assassinate.

I play a shadow but our rotations and set up are the same. your build should be 2/31/8. the bonus shock hit is worth it. Second, spending 400k on gear means nothing. Until you are 50 you just be using planet commendations to replace mods in your armor. at 50 if pvp is your focus make sure you buy a full set of receuit gear from the pvp vendor for your class. should be around 300k for a full set. next is your rotations. it should be 2x voltaic slash, shock, then discharge. use maul only when the proc is up. then use saber strike at least once after each shock. now for pvp you need to be more reactive. dont start blasting with your big stuns. use your smaller ones first to interupt healing. always be prepaired to interupt healing with your actual intterupt ability as it prevents them from casting for 4 seconds. I wish i knew the imp skills better but u should be able to figure it out.

also healers are very tough sometimes. the key is burst damage with this build. make sure you pop any relics and the sith equivalant of force potency, the ability that gives you two charges of increased crit chance. Also check out powerrs guide in the shadow forums on how to maximize burst damage. Another thing you can try is keeping DPS gear and going full tank or even hybrid tank builds. they have amazing survivability and can help you learn pvp reaction timing.

I'm pretty much in agreeance with the above posting.

Keep *them* mobile and interupted. Anything you see with a green symbol, send them flying. Interupt. Keep them ticked off and unbalanced. Use a shield generator and the tank buff, you'll be fine.

If you can't, or won't... use stealth to your advantage, in combat stealthing and using the *I think* blackout ability followed by sprinting behind, unload... perfect midfight tactic, providing no DOT's are on you.

play madness its way better then deception... in pve and pvp.

I laugh at sorcerors as madness they Cannot keep away from me.... 7 second root, two stuns slow and force speed.

The only sorc that stands a chance is another madness sorc but their main draw back is they have to stay still for force lightnign

If you are specced up to Vol Slash - this is your key ability but really I would go 7/34/0 increasing the damage Vol Slash does.

So you want to do 2x Volt slash, to build up your 5x Discharge proc, with saber strikes to keep force under control. You can use Shock as well. Once you see the Maul Proc up, you pop Reckless(60% crit), pop a relic and a warzone Adrenal. Then hit Maul(behind him), followed up by shock THEN you discharge(it should be 5 stacks by this point) and watch that health drop like a stone.

You can use jolt/electrocute to prevent him healing himself then Assassinate to finish off. You need to keep one eye on what procs up etc but this rotation will give you your best burst.

Edited by DarthMaulUK