What about the casual PvP-ers?

Pahomi

No they've "disabled" it. This means they can re-enabled at a later date if they sort out an idea. It was mentioned in their blog posts when they pulled ranked warzones just before 1.2. That the solo queue system for ranked warzones wasn't working. That's why they pulled warzones but said the first round of warzones would be group only, until they work out how to do a decent solo system.

I hope you're right. I don't care when they come as long as they do eventually get here. I really like this game but the removal of this feature is game breaking to me.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any down side to solo ranked as long as they have their own queue (as was the plan originally) is negligible compared to the benefits. People want this, a ranked system is needed for all...think how much it would improve gameplay and how much we will all gain (including BW obviously). Ignore this and we all lose!

No, No, No. I say this as a pugger 95% of the time myself. The only thing a solo ranked warzone que will do without cross server is most likely kill pvp on whatever server you are on. Not even The Fatman at peak hours can sustain a ranked team que, ranked solo que and an unranked que. Even if the population was there, nobody would que for unranked because your chances as a solo pugger would be just as good with 7 random people in the ranked solo warzone plus you would earn ranked wz comms. Add faction imbalance and you have a recipe for waiting for warzones that never pop. I looked forward to solo ranked when I first heard of it, but they have to think of the health of the game and solo ranked won't cut it without cross server. Constant pops and the ability to que with 8 people is what they need to keep this boat afloat. There are dozens of servers like mine (hasn't been a single 50 warzone pop in almost 3 weeks). Parsing up the player base into that many brackets at 50 shouldn't even be a wild dream at this point.

You don't understand, I know this couldn't have been implemented before cross server or "super" servers. What I am concerned about is that they seem to have given up on it completely.

In team based, objective based PvP (warzones) skill > gear.

Explain how the best pvpers who level alts still top the charts a few days after hitting 50?

They don't :| if you can somehow prove that is true in all cases I will agree with you. Until then I'll stick with the actual numbers I can actually see on the character sheet that tells me gear is where the stats come from. You can have 20 - 40 percent statistical advantage in this game just from gear alone.

Edited by MorgonKara

So with the recent announcement that solo ranked warzones have been canceled I ask you: What is there to do for the casual PvP-er? What incentive do they have to play warzones after 1.3?

For me, just passing time now until GW2. I have kind of had it with this game. I love star wars, I like this game, but tbh its going in a direction that my wallet just cant follow. I will probably log in and play WZ an hour or so a night just to pass time, but there is nothing really compelling about the game now. Not a lot of replay value at the moment for the casual solo pvper.

so am i being told that my money isnt as important as a guild members because i CHOOSE to be a solo player? because thats how i enjoy my game time....... that im being neglected from game content beacuse i CHOOSE to play solo in wz's? .. i pay the same fee as any premade ( a term i find stupid btw) or person that logs in, so therefore i should have access to the same content without being forced into doing something i should have a CHOICE over

if you want to charge a higer subscription fee for guilds and ranked wz's then fine. ill live with it.. but if i pay the same then i expect to have access to same. period. without being forced into a guild i really dont want to be a part of just to play

you just lost another sub bioware.

Edited by Wookubus

If this news is true, here's the solution to all the whining solo Puggers..."General Fleet Chat: Forming 8-Man Team for Ranked WZs PST, anyone welcome"

How effing hard is that? Seriously. Make a team. Queue for a RWZ. herp-a-derp

Here is a solution for you - make an 8-man Team and que , you would never have to play with random person on your team! Now how exactly me being able to solo que for ranked wz will ever bother you if u only play with 8 man team? I really dont understand why you and the rest of "we dont need solo que egoists" whine so much about it? Is it maybe becouse u want solo quers to be forced to make an 8 man groups, so that your 8man premade gets an esier opposition instead of haveing to play other 8man premade? Cuz thats exaclty whats gonna happend, 8man teams from big guild with voice communication and all will play ranked wz;s vs just formed 8man groups, that have barely played with each other, if it all, with no voice com.

Now on the other hand, lets say i have a 7-man team from my guildes/friends w/e. Isnt it way better just so que like that and the system matches us with solo quer that has high enough rating to play in my wz then to just be forced to manualy search such a player in the fleet and beg him to join my team?

so am i being told that my money isnt as important as a guild members because i CHOOSE to be a solo player? because thats how i enjoy my game time....... that im being neglected from game content beacuse i CHOOSE to play solo in wz's? .. i pay the same fee as any premade ( a term i find stupid btw) or person that logs in, so therefore i should have access to the same content without being forced into doing something i should have a CHOICE over

if you want to charge a higer subscription fee for guilds and ranked wz's then fine. ill live with it.. but if i pay the same then i expect to have access to same. period. without being forced into a guild i really dont want to be a part of just to play

Why not demand solo missions for Ops gear while you are at it?

The worst part is you can get the exact same gear without doing rated WZs, just at a slower rate. Well on the bright side since you are such a lone gun, no one will miss you.

can i have your stuff?

He has a point this is BioWare being very disrespectful. They already force Solo'ers to face premades. The least they could do is give us a way to earn Ranked Commendations as fast as those people in guilds.

no he does not and no BW should not "give" you anything. learn 2 make pvp friends while playing a MMO.

you people saying it is a good idea to not allow ranked warzones for groups under 8 need to open your eyes. It does not hurt you to allow others to play in ranked warzones. BW could give you 20% more comms or something along those lines. BW could even have 1-2 pieces of gear only obtainable through 8mans, however BW should not make it so that solo and small group players have to get ranked warzone commendations at 1/3rd your rate.

PVP is for both casual and hardcore players alike. Raiding is for the hardcore crowd. 8man premade only means guilds that have set times, set classes, set gear, set specs, etc are the only ones to have fun. That is horrible for even them since the majority of PAYING CUSTOMERS are not hardcore.

I have been in the hardcore guilds when I was younger and I have been in several server and server group best premades. However, I never tried to hurt the casuals. I already got gear way faster than them there was no point in making it any faster unless I was a bad player and needed them to be weaker.

Please just think about what you are saying and think about your issues that cause you to think that way. It is sad really.

Edited by DarthRaika

I never understood why developers make rated matches give out rewards.

I thought they were created to test your skills and knowledge against other players..... not to do another gear grind. :confused:

Edited by Awayy

I never understood why developers make rated matches give out rewards.

I thought they were created to test your skills and knowledge against other players..... not to do another gear grind. :confused:

this.. if not they need to have a separate aolo rated que.

They seriously, for one moment, considered making ranked WZs solo queue? Really?

Today I had a guy, had no idea what to do with the ball, ran in the wrong direction, got lost, stood there. I patiently explained to him where he was supposed to be going and by the end of the game he understood how to play huttball. Now if this guy had been in a ranked WZ which everyone would choose for the ranked WZ comms, I would have flipped my sh*t.

With every win/loss going on your "permanent record" why would anyone want to PUG that? Don't PUGs get stomped enough in regular WZ? Do you really want the PvP ranking of "Constantly Facerolled"?

this is a joke right. I pugged 98% of the time and won way more then i lost. pugging is a lifestyle. just cause you arent good enough to carry 7 puggers to victory doesnt mean others aren't. Joining a premade cause you need to be carried to victory sounds pretty fricken lame, so no thank you. I'd rather help carry 7 strangers to victory.

Well you have obviously found the solution to all of the potential issues. :rolleyes: What happens when your PUG group bails the first time the enemy team scores because they want to protect their precious rating?

Dude, really? Isn't it obvious that leaving a match early for any reason will hit your rating just as if you'd legitimately lost? I can't imagine a meaningful ranking system that operates otherwise.

We can come up with unlikely hypothetical scenarios all day long. My point is that the effect that gear has on character stats in this game is huge.

Recruit vs BM/WH, only a very skilled player in Recruit can compete. But you are in Recruit for a relatively short time. BM vs WH: obviously the gear is still a factor, but a much smaller advantage in skill will get you the win.

Not all servers have the people needed to make PVP guilds anymore. My server can't field 8 people during primetime anymore.

Why are people still treating the population issue as part of the conversation? Transfers will happen before Rateds. They have to for the system to work.

Someone had noted that guilds would just queue solo and be in vent and I agree that this could potentially be a problem. However, the chances of getting the full group into one match will be low if the population of the server is high (assuming transfers work as intended). I think the benefits of allowing people to queue solo because they aren't in a guild or like to PVP when the rest of their people aren't logged in outweigh the potential for this type of activity.

I saw a post or two in regards to solo queues just using unranked, but that makes a severe gear imbalance when only 8 man groups have easy access to ranked wz comms and deck out in war hero gear 3 times faster.

Well said. Also, it would not be difficult for the algorithm to take guild membership into consideration when making matches.

-----------------------------------

What I am curious about is how the system will handle queues for odd group sizes. Do you have to group with 8 people? What about a 5-man group? What if there are no 3-man groups in the queue?

I was really looking forward to solo ranked matches. I genuinely believed that a) population would be sorted out by then and b) once I established my rating, the matches would be a lot more interesting.

But I guess we'll be relying on spamming /2 for groups for ranked matches. Just hope one of those 8 people has voip info they are willing to share.

The only thing I was looking forward to was Ranked Warzones but I mainly do PvP solo in PUGs which means I won't be able to participate. On our server which is supposed to have a fairly decent population it's difficult enough to find a 4man group to do PvP with, let alone 8 players - that's even when we have a dedicated PvP chat channel.

I belong to a normal PvE guild (a multi-gaming guild), during evenings we're probably 20 players online but daytime probably only 5-8 players at most, unfortunately that's when I do most of my PvP. This means I'm unlikely to find enough guild mates to create a 8-man PvP team. Leaving my guild is not an option (not if I'm sticking to SWTOR), we've stuck together through different games and have a good friendly community going.

All it means for me is that I probably won't continue to subscribe, I'm not willing to pay for a game to only favours a small elite community and that adds no content that benefits me. And quite frankly so far the updates and so called improvements have only showed me that SWTOR dev's have no idea what they are doing.

Edited by Cormacus

I can't see why people are complaining about this, if you are a casual or a solo player you can just do unranked. Much like pve casuals and puggers don't do HM or NMM's. Highest levels of content are experienced in groups, if you don't like this why are you playing an mmo?

Also why would you pug ranked people are going to hate you and freak out since you won't be in voice chat to coordinate strategies or instant callouts.

In my mind Bioware is doing puggers a favor. Unranked are going to be a much more friendly place without all us grouchy premaders. And if you're really an amazing player people are going to notice and invite you to guilds or pre mades. If teamwork isn't your style that's cool just solo q unranked you'll be happier for it.

I can't see why people are complaining about this, if you are a casual or a solo player you can just do unranked.

/sigh. I think you may want to reread some of the posts. What we want and what we were looking forward to was a solo ranked bracket like we were told we were getting in the early days of 1.2 leaks. Why do we want this? So we can play with people our own skill level instead of playing lopsided match after woefully lopsided match. Win or lose, they just get old.

I will definitely play team ranked games when I can but it would be nice to play solo ranked in between.

/sigh. I think you may want to reread some of the posts. What we want and what we were looking forward to was a solo ranked bracket like we were told we were getting in the early days of 1.2 leaks. Why do we want this? So we can play with people our own skill level instead of playing lopsided match after woefully lopsided match. Win or lose, they just get old.

I will definitely play team ranked games when I can but it would be nice to play solo ranked in between.

You said it ALL!

Why go play an Unranked game and still risk facing that 4 man Premade that are in there just for the "fun" of roflstomping my undergeared and less-skilled behind? When i could ( after the ELO's had stabilized ) go play a ranked SOLO ( no pre-mades of ANY kind ) WZ with people at or around my skill/gear level and have an actual chance of winning?

Edited by Drewes

I think You may need to reread some of the posts :). Mostly I've seen qqing about gear issues and people wanting a free ride. That being said if there were a solo ranked bracket completely separate from the 8m bracket that would be pretty cool, however I never felt this was promised nor did I expect bw to deliver it anytime soon. They are barely keeping up with what they have going now.

And even with larger servers coming, we'd have to have some seriously thriving communities to sustain unranked, ranked solo and ranked 8m queues. Ultimately 1 of those 3 would suffer, most likely the unranked. What would be the incentive to play unranked at that point?

I like the idea of being able to solo queue and know you are playing with semi competent people, but there are a lot of things I think would be cool in this game that simply aren't going to happen or are quite a ways off. Hell I won't be convinced that ranked wz's or server xfers are actually coming until I log in on 1.3 release and see them with muly own eyes.

People need to stop looking for a savior patch and accept what's coming or unsub.

What LarryRow and Drewes said above me. This was my point all along. and this is what you "hardcore" pvp-ers with so much time on your hands need to understand. Solo ranked would not interfere with your business at all, stop being so ignorant toward rest of the community.

As an analogy, it's like hardcore Starcraft koreans in Master league complaining why there is a Bronze league for pugs.