What about the casual PvP-ers?

Pahomi

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's kind of funny that we will have a LFG tool in 1.3 so no need to spam general chat for flashpoints. Instead, people will start spamming for PvP groups :)

This should give something to think about to the all those selfish "harcore" PvP-ers who yell at us "L2P and find a guild to carry your pug *** hurr durr". Guilds are for flashpoints and yet you constantly see general chat being spammed by people looking for groups. That is because your guild will not always be available to group with you; most play on a fixed schedule. What about the rest of the time then? That's right, ranked WZ will not be accessible to any of us unless we spam general chat looking for an 8 man group. And this will actually be worse because you don't know who you will find. If they would have kept solo ranked at least the ELO system would have given you allies of the same skill level.

If any devs are watching this, please guys, give us solo ranked. We know it can't be done now, but at least tell us you're still going to implement them in the future. Any down side to solo ranked as long as they have their own queue (as was the plan originally) is negligible compared to the benefits. People want this, a ranked system is needed for all...think how much it would improve gameplay and how much we will all gain (including BW obviously). Ignore this and we all lose!

Edited by Pahomi

So with the recent announcement that solo ranked warzones have been canceled I ask you: What is there to do for the casual PvP-er? What incentive do they have to play warzones after 1.3?

I actually consider myself to be a decent PvP-er but don't have much time to play the game and when I do it's usually an non-peak hours. So I will rarely be able to find 7 other good people to group with. I'm sure there will be a ton of people in my position.

Sure warzones are fun to play but with no rewards, with no goal it will become dull quickly. If they would have added solo ranked WZ in the game, I'm sure the majority would have chosen this option instead of unranked. With ranked, we would have played for our rating. We would have played with / against people of our own skill level, matches would have been more interesting, exciting and close. To take this all away because "people might quit or AFK" is a lame excuse in my opinion.

Solo ranked WZ was the #1 feature I was interested in. It didn't have to come now, I was fine with "later", just knowing it will come would have kept me subscribed and convinced I'm gonna be in this game for the long haul. Now, I must reconsider. I am really saddened they took this option away from us. I strongly believe it was a mistake which won't be good for anyone.

You can't solo 8-16man raids to get the best PvE gear.

Why should you be able to solo 8man Ranked Warzone's for the best PvP gear?

Not to mention you can already get the best PvP gear doing normal Warzone's just takes longer.

It's not hard to find group of people to do Warzone's or even find a guild that you can group up with.

Basically the point is suck it up and deal with it.

Edited by Zor-kai

Solo queuers would've been a pox on ranked warzones. Whoever won would've been determined by who got the least ****** puggers.

If you really want to do ranked, why not join a guild? Or maybe advertise if any guild premades have room for you. Then they can decide if they want to carry your pug ***.

Not all servers have the people needed to make PVP guilds anymore. My server can't field 8 people during primetime anymore.

Casual PvPers...

I understand the issue at hand but you make the bed you lay in. Several things tie into newer issues that havent even been addressed yet, population much? Lastly casual PvP shouldnt even be acknowledged. If you get trounced by an experienced group/ person, then that will be the dish served at the time, hot or cold.

What would be the point of normal warzone queues if we had solo ranked?

would you want your personal W/L be based on the help of 7 other strangers?

it doesnt even sound right to begin with.

If you want causal then get ranked comms by trading in reg warzone comms like you have been.

If you can't play as much or just want to pvp by yourself, then its gonna take longer compared to people who group up with premades in ranked warzones

this is an mmo after all

My understanding was that solo ranked matches would be separate from the pre-made matches. Matching solo puggers vs pre-mades is ridiculous, i agree, however a separate division/ladder where solo puggers only face other solo puggers would be awesome. If BW can just do some reasanable team balancing so each has a fair share of classes (healers/tanks/dps etc) than it would work nicely. Sure you might get bad players now and then but overall it should balance out and it would be good to see how you fair given random encounters.

Getting rid of solo ranked warzones is a total no-brainer. if you think for a second that premades wouldn't have completely abused it by solo-queueing over Vent/Mumble at the same time in order to get a easier high ranking by beating up on solo puggers, you have absolutely no idea how MMO players think.

They are making the right call. Solo ranked warzones would be a disaster.

If casual or solo players don't like it, tough. Not everything has to cater to you.

why you keep throwin him the ball?

His cat jumped on the keyboard and hit the Ravage button right before the guy with the ball died, so his cat got the killing blow.

Edited by YanksfanJP

Casual PvPers...

I understand the issue at hand but you make the bed you lay in. Several things tie into newer issues that havent even been addressed yet, population much? Lastly casual PvP shouldnt even be acknowledged. If you get trounced by an experienced group/ person, then that will be the dish served at the time, hot or cold.

This doesn't make sense.

What people want is the ability to solo queue for ranked warzones against other solo queue players. This won't affect 8 man teams at all. Why does this bother some of you people so much?

I have a 4 man guild, we have plenty to do. We are more casual than hardcore. The majority of endgame content in any mmo is raiding. It really has nothing to do with BW catering towards one group of players or not.

Four people isn't a guild. It's lunch at Chipotle.

I think what the OP means to say is that there needs to be an advanced form of PVP for Solo'ers the same way there is for Premades. The OP is right, some of us Solo and would like a PVP experience tailored more toward Solo queues.

I would suggest Solo Rated Games are teams of 3 Solo'ers and they only rank individual performance based on roles rather than wins or losses.

Four people isn't a guild. It's lunch at Chipotle.

mmmm Chipolte....

Large guilds are like weddings where chances are you don't know most of the people there, the food is sub par and is setup so onle a few people really get anything out of it.

It is pretty dissapointing and stupid that they dont plan to have solo Queues. Particularly since it seems you will only be able to queue with 8 players and that is quite a large amount of people that need to be on in order to play. For those without a large PvP guild Ranked Warzones will be near impossible to play.

Yet another bad PvP decision from a PvP team that is clearly incompetent and has no idea how to make good PvP content.

It is pretty dissapointing and stupid that they dont plan to have solo Queues. Particularly since it seems you will only be able to queue with 8 players and that is quite a large amount of people that need to be on in order to play. For those without a large PvP guild Ranked Warzones will be near impossible to play.

Yet another bad PvP decision from a PvP team that is clearly incompetent and has no idea how to make good PvP content.

8 people is a large guild? I lol'd

I think what the OP means to say is that there needs to be an advanced form of PVP for Solo'ers the same way there is for Premades. The OP is right, some of us Solo and would like a PVP experience tailored more toward Solo queues.

I would suggest Solo Rated Games are teams of 3 Solo'ers and they only rank individual performance based on roles rather than wins or losses.

Thank you :) I guess I didn't express myself properly. I am actually one of the best PvP-ers left on my server. When I said casual, I meant that I don't have much time to play with my guildies and I also don't like to play on a fixed schedule. I want solo ranked WZ for the challenge, for the fun of playing with people of my own skill level.

People here were asking what would be the point of normal WZ then. I completely agree...there is no point for them and we should be moving to a system with ranked WZ only. This would be best for everyone, be it pugs or hardcore pvp-ers because the odds would be even. The hardcore players however would have a high rating and play in a whole different league, as it should be.

So my objection here is that it's not fair for only 8 man groups to benefit from ranked matchmaking.

Pffft whatever dude. I can't take the PvP in TOR seriously, it's fun but it's a major zerg-fest. Why should we care about ranks when the PvP is basically a gear-grind?

Their whole system is flawed and ranked is only going to separate the Pvp community even more than the Expertise gear does already. It's probably gonna kill PvP in this game.

Edited by MorgonKara

I was looking forward to the ranked warzones. There have been some disappointing changes in the direction Bio seems to be taking the game (influenced by EA no doubt) i should not be forced into joining a guild just to pvp. With the low population already games will be fewer with most doing rated. Then once geared they enter regular games just to smash all opposition which will force even more players to unsub.

The downward spiral seems to be increasing and picking up speed.

Personally I think they made a mistake at the drawing-board when they made gear all-important in TOR. Too late to fix it now I guess.

Almost all MMOs are a gear driven system. Its expected for them to put the "shineys" into the game. The issue here seems to be they are. Making decisions based off theory crafting spreadsheets before viewing the effects in a live situation. All it takes is for one smart. Player to find a way to exploit that change and create even more imbalance. Once "rated" geared guilds start rampaging through the regular queing system, people will stop queing altogether. With limited end game content and pvp being trashed no one will want to play.

If I am remembering correctly, when they were originally going to launch ranked PVP in 1.2, it was not going to launch with solo queue, only full 8 man teams. It was always going to start with premades and add in solo queues later. It wouldn't be hard to have a separate rating for solo and ranked matches so your terrible team doesn't impact your ranking with your guild team. I may have misread earlier information, but I believe this was their plan from the start.

A couple of things people had brought up:

Someone had noted that guilds would just queue solo and be in vent and I agree that this could potentially be a problem. However, the chances of getting the full group into one match will be low if the population of the server is high (assuming transfers work as intended). I think the benefits of allowing people to queue solo because they aren't in a guild or like to PVP when the rest of their people aren't logged in outweigh the potential for this type of activity. It would also be easily reportable/trackable if you keep seeing the same 6-7 people from a guild in solo queue matches.

I saw a post or two in regards to solo queues just using unranked, but that makes a severe gear imbalance when only 8 man groups have easy access to ranked wz comms and deck out in war hero gear 3 times faster. They already have a barrier in place for ranked vs. unranked in the ability to wear the alternative colors by having a high enough ranking. I think the ability to show off your high ranking should be reward enough for competing in ranked matches, especially in 8 man queues. Also, having ranked solo games will increase the competition since everyone will be better matched to the players on the other side and make the whole game more enjoyable for everyone.

They could easily fix this by balancing the gear to be identical "stat" wise but change graphics to highlight the ranked version. Example normal pvp gear wirh normal views. Ranked pvp with enhanced graphics/ colors maybe add glowing effects while keeping the stats equal.

I would imagine if they do make that change the "ranked" pvp gods might get mad and scream why are rateds around if i can do regular games for same stats

They could easily fix this by balancing the gear to be identical "stat" wise but change graphics to highlight the ranked version. Example normal pvp gear wirh normal views. Ranked pvp with enhanced graphics/ colors maybe add glowing effects while keeping the stats equal.

I would imagine if they do make that change the "ranked" pvp gods might get mad and scream why are rateds around if i can do regular games for same stats

they already did this...

Personally I think they made a mistake at the drawing-board when they made gear all-important in TOR. Too late to fix it now I guess.

skill > gear

Im not talking about recruit vs BM, BM is stupidly easy to get, i am talking about the difference between BM and WH.