Letter to developers

Kaboomka

Unfortunately I am stimulated to write in such look. Forbade to write cyrillic.

---------------------

Hello. I am sorry for that I of use the automatic translator. I can't authentically make this letter in good English what not to lose meaning. Very much I of hope that this letter deliver to developers and to them it will translate, without sense loss.

I am 34 years old, I play games since ten years, I play professionally, and I of earn money it. I hope my view of the world of computer games it will not be ignored. please, don't ignore this message because of Cyrillics.

At present any "WoW" game is doomed to a failure. That is 50 + levels, HIcontent, raid bosses and the main thing fighting system with buttons an abilok 1,2,3... 10.

Where there are people? In such games as Planet Side, WoT, I hope MWO, DOTa. That is in games where it is not necessary long farm-farm-farm where don't impose isn't critical) to pass a plot where it is not necessary farm blue for access to farm purple. People want here and now. The player became lazy and WoW already exhausted of a community game. Original ideas or thoughtless "hack and slash" for a rating or for an instant an award in the form of experience, silver and pumping of a new BFG from the incorrect are necessary.

Yes people on a habit want and WoW concept in new games admire, but having reached to HIcontent understand - Not that! Not it would be desirable that after work/study / brainfkng in real.

And there are tanks, Planet side etc.

At BW (and other WoW killers) had on hand an invaluable experience blizzard, 8 years of a rake, exploits, experiments. Silly was to go the way in accuracy copying 80 % of game. Want to replace a candy wrapper stupidly? Don't depart from the "classical" recipe of a candy.

Want revolution? Pull down on a horse-radish stereotypes, break the settled concepts and do the. On hand BW there was a decade with plus of RPG of development, there was an best cursor of ME and its fighting system. Were in their paws and fans of ME and fans of Star wars. Well a pancake make you on the basis of ME SWtOR!! Anything ingenious, only the checked practices. Want HIcontent about raid by bosses? Yes please. The tank conducts the boss in the necessary point for raid, the technician breaks in parallel safety system, jedi cover technicians from a reinforcement of droids, and the boss has no main thing HP!! In general not! Not to fill up a large object in 5 floors from a thunderstik! Let even the laser. not for nothing this MONSTER so grew in the nature. And if it is the droid huge? Yes to it on orbital a strike it is all the same! Bring down tactics, crack boards, guide at it bombs. That all raid would be obliged to know tactics and was at the right time in the right place. Also receive epics. And all this in Star Wars seting, with fighting system (and the chamber) Mass Effect.

Pvp on ME system as in an original way and abruptly, shelters, columns, cartridges eventually. Fight for a warehouse with ammunition, for each meter of a corridor to the reactor. Instead of stupidly press 1,2 etc. To withdraw unlimite a stealth from game, shouldn't be such cheats. To withdraw a fullstanlock!

PVP stafs gives CONSIDERABLE boost in PvP (yes though 90 % of protection against a loss of other players), and has no protection against PVE mobs. What each meadow doggie, could remove to it a health half. That PVP the player would be engaged in the business, and the PVE. And the content then won't be passed in the first week of release.

Do everything beautifully. 21 eyelids outside!! It is other game, it will be not the WoW!! And the 3rd name, Biowar, Mass Effect, Star Wars, in case of good operation will bring billions, probably, I not the economist. At Biowars all tools were on hands, all. Both technical and information in the form of knowledge of errors Blizzards.

There were quite good projects in the game industry, but there were they too early, not on age of this industry. Tabula Rasa and Autoassaul. Now, in 2012, they would find the client. There to you and originality, at all the WoW, both Si Fi, and an action up tto the throat.

Now, to redeem the honor, return trust of players, even for other projects, it will be very difficult. practically, not probably.

Edited by Kaboomka

I forced myself to read through it and keep an open mind. I understood very little, and analyzed what you were trying to say.

This is all I have to say: You hit the nail on the head, but these are points that aren't exactly new concepts. I believe Bioware had all this in mind. They had an incredible vision during beta that really made this game shine above the rest. Whatever once was, will never be. They listened to the minority entirely too much post-launch.

For the most part, the game is great. But sometimes players want to mine asteroids. Sometimes players want to take a speeder into the sunset because they're curious about what is on the mountain in the distance. Sometimes players want to get lost in the environment and not actually DO anything.. they just want to be. Until Bioware realizes that tossing us down a corridor and getting rid of what makes a massive game fun.. they're going to lose people.

Sadly, it'll be their next MMO that they figure this out.

I love the art, i love the stories, I love the game. But in an MMO - I want to forge my own story, discover my own path, and follow my own breadcrumbs.

Sadly, it'll be their next MMO that they figure this out.

I know, such a depressing feeling. I wish they embarked on this experimental voyage into the MMO scene with a non-branded game, something unheard of with no fans or history. Instead, they went head first in with possibly one of the most recognised brand names in gaming history and make a total mess of it.

I'm going to go and cry again now.

Your message is not lost in translation friend. I would love to see those features added to the game, even though I would never do them. As long as they are optional, I'm all for adding them.

Just understand,

Not every player is looking for what you are looking for. If I wanted to play a DotA style game, I would play Dota. Just like if I wanted to play an RTS, I would play Starcraft or if I wanted to play an FPS, I would play Battlefield or Call of Duty.

I come and play MMOs for what they offer for game play. I enjoy the simple button pushes with good stories and a good community to interact with that does not tax my brain.

Most of the younger generation of player does not understand this. I am not interested in a challenge, anything that requires me to concentrate, research, or prepare for within the game I am simply not going to do.

I have a good job and a family, those things take 100% of my attention. I come play this as a release, I just want to mash buttons on a keyboard and relax for a few hours and I firmly believe that most players are like me.

I understand what you want and I understand what hardcore raiders want, you should get it. I was happy to see Explosive Conflict added for your style of play even though I will never see it. You guys are just as necessary to the community as me.

Hardcores push the content, casuals pay the bill. Both styles are needed within the MMO.

The biggest mistake that Blizzard/Activision ever made was they forced players to play better in Cataclysm. When players complained that they did not want to play better and just wanted to faceroll the content, Activision spit in their face and told them to either get better or leave so half the player base up and left.

Challenging in-depth content is great as long as you make easy, push over content to go with it.

Matter is not in a hardcore. Guys I come week on different servers into rush hour, I see on everything, all the server, for the empire and the republic together 10 people at most. It already speaks about much. What players the majority and what aren't present. I still play game... Absolutely one on all server. 3 x 50 characters. In the days off on all the server I counted 32 persons who quickly disappeared, having made jobs of a black hole. I checked in a week more than 15 servers, a pattern or same, or is worse.

I am responsible for the WCG organization in Siberia, not principal, but also not the last person. I communicate with players of the huge continent. WoW is necessary to nobody, it play residuals who just now the smog will be connected to it. Earlier they wetted in panties in a carriage, now they and make game community of WoW. It is necessary to do revolution in MMO, to make that that such from what at a planet will demolish a roof. That нибудь such that isn't present and wasn't in others not only games, what even at cinema such wouldn't be. Here then we will retain players. They in queue will be built what to touch a box with game.

Rescue game!

p.s.. I recall the film Hackers.

Edited by Kaboomka

Matter is not in a hardcore. Guys I come week on different servers into rush hour, I see on everything, all the server, for the empire and the republic together 10 people at most. It already speaks about much. What players the majority and what aren't present. I still play game... Absolutely one on all server. 3 x 50 characters. In the days off on all the server I counted 32 persons who quickly disappeared, having made jobs of a black hole. I checked in a week more than 15 servers, a pattern or same, or is worse.

Are you on USA or Europe servers? USA is the same. Less people everywhere. :(

EU servers, Rush hour of our servers, is hours when jobs in terminals are updated +2 hours. Silly to read that game prospers. To me and my friends on when that HEAVY the server to play there is nobody more than a month. I don't know who deceives developers and why it does it. But!! Only 3-4 servers of the world sometimes rise to STANDART. All remaining hardly hardly collect population LIGHT. And the present patch, again rules missions. For whom? I too pay money, and not I one is finite. I want to play MMO, where people? Where population of servers? Rescue us!! Edited by Kaboomka

I wouldn't say this is a Star Wars WoW, every other MMO will take WoW as a base concept... Anyway, I agree when you say that they promised things they latter changed... Specially that "a bunch of guys beating a huge monster doesn't feel much heroic, we're going to make something different!" Yeaaaahhhh.... Riiiiiiight.... 2 big guys instead of one !! -.-'' But I don't do anymore PvE, before I needed some PvE elements to improve my gear for PvP so I did both. Now PvP and PvE are a total separated world and there's always people complaining about the few population to play each content.

Whatever... It's still Star Wars, I can still through lightnings to everyone, and if they fix the ranked WZs in time I'll probably still be playing the game for awhile.

Still, I do agree that they shouldn't brand themselves as just another WoW... Get creative, there's a hole wide area to explore in space, the mini-game they created already proved to be fun in the first 2/3 months, boring after you do the same 10/20 times...

I want to be surprised with innovative things, yes, but first they need to get the things they have working decently. I don't want to be surprised regarding PvP changes though -.- I rather know what the hell they are doing.

At the Russian forums, I on myself tore a shirt convincing haters that it will be not WoW. That for certain there is something new and as I was mistaken. Make new classes, make races, replace mechanics of PvP and PvE while the getting is good. Will suffice to repair partners. You have no people, and you are engaged in cosmetics. It is a pity that anybody from developers won't read this tred.

Even more often it seems to me that developers at all don't know that occurs to game. As though them keep in a cell and sentence - Everything excellent! In the PATTERN EVERYTHING is good! Hunger isn't present! The homeless isn't present! We will make you happy!!!

Edited by Kaboomka

Your message is not lost in translation friend. I would love to see those features added to the game, even though I would never do them. As long as they are optional, I'm all for adding them.

Just understand,

Not every player is looking for what you are looking for. If I wanted to play a DotA style game, I would play Dota. Just like if I wanted to play an RTS, I would play Starcraft or if I wanted to play an FPS, I would play Battlefield or Call of Duty.

I come and play MMOs for what they offer for game play. I enjoy the simple button pushes with good stories and a good community to interact with that does not tax my brain.

Most of the younger generation of player does not understand this. I am not interested in a challenge, anything that requires me to concentrate, research, or prepare for within the game I am simply not going to do.

I have a good job and a family, those things take 100% of my attention. I come play this as a release, I just want to mash buttons on a keyboard and relax for a few hours and I firmly believe that most players are like me.

I understand what you want and I understand what hardcore raiders want, you should get it. I was happy to see Explosive Conflict added for your style of play even though I will never see it. You guys are just as necessary to the community as me.

Hardcores push the content, casuals pay the bill. Both styles are needed within the MMO.

The biggest mistake that Blizzard/Activision ever made was they forced players to play better in Cataclysm. When players complained that they did not want to play better and just wanted to faceroll the content, Activision spit in their face and told them to either get better or leave so half the player base up and left.

Challenging in-depth content is great as long as you make easy, push over content to go with it.

Nice reply. I feel mostly the same way although I do like and often participate in end game content including higher difficulty HMs and Ops which often means a little preparation. However, in general, I'm not a pro for the reasons you mentioned. I would like to see story and other class content expanded, not just OPS and flashpoints.

One thing I don't like about some Raiders is their elitist view point though. I don't like the idea that they drive content in general. I'd rather characterize it as they drive difficulty. Nonetheless they are necessary as part of a community in an MMO. Not all Raiders feel they are "the lord of the manor."

For the most part, the game is great. But sometimes players want to mine asteroids. Sometimes players want to take a speeder into the sunset because they're curious about what is on the mountain in the distance. Sometimes players want to get lost in the environment and not actually DO anything.. they just want to be. Until Bioware realizes that tossing us down a corridor and getting rid of what makes a massive game fun.. they're going to lose people.

I love the art, i love the stories, I love the game. But in an MMO - I want to forge my own story, discover my own path, and follow my own breadcrumbs.

its ironic that bioware trys to focus that this is our own story yet there is little for us to do after we reach 50 orther than the hardcore elements of pvp and pve.

BTW, although I have a different view point, nice post to the OP. The translation was fine. I'm glad you are taking the time to post here despite the challenges in making yourself understood in English. :)

its ironic that bioware trys to focus that this is our own story yet there is little for us to do after we reach 50 orther than the hardcore elements of pvp and pve.

Care to explain that hardcore elements of PVP and PVE you speak about?

because so far the only hardcore thing i have see a level 50 is the grind feast for war hero, since pve op barely last 1 hour and a half, and that if you wipe and are slow.

oh and with the server population, you cant even go hardcore in pvp anymore lol.

so whats this you speak about?!!!

oh btw you guys shoudent get mad at BW, this is not a MMO, its a single player game, someone just made a mistake and print that on the advertise

I think they thought story was the differentiator. And it is till you hit 50 and the story ends. They entice you to do other stories and in essence RP through the legacy system. I think that how fast leveling was accomplished was underestimated. 5 years of work consumed in 90 days. Their stomachs must be in knots.

Where can they go from here? To me it looks like more RP with the legacy system. Where should they go? More sandbox and encounters with unique mechanics. Maybe innovate away from 1,2,3 - ... 5 minutes- bosskill.

We aren't angry with BW. We are perplexed. I personally want to understand, why they repair cosmetics, instead of of a survival in the market take up the issue. After all round them one thousand fans, we trusted of.

One additional comment Bioware totally failed on 2 important fronts: exploration on rails kills immersion and is not exploration. They killed the wonder of the Star Wars universe with square maps that move you from point to point and makes me feel like "I'm on a boat".

2nd their story: what meaningful choices do I really make. It makes no difference except for a darkside appearance modifier and my route along my story follows the same rails whatever choice I make.

With a plot they are fine. But what do with the read book? Put on the shelf. One plot, won't be full. Don't allow it!

Sadly, I am shelving this game. A read book is probably the best reductio of what this game is. I think people expected different who weren't Bioware consumers before.

"Who wants to play WoW.. is already playing it", I think was the mistake. Should have been more different.

This being said, it is not THAT bad as the Forumites say it is.

I, for one, am still willing to stick around for a while longer :)

At the Russian forums, I on myself tore a shirt convincing haters that it will be not WoW. That for certain there is something new and as I was mistaken. Make new classes, make races, replace mechanics of PvP and PvE while the getting is good. Will suffice to repair partners. You have no people, and you are engaged in cosmetics. It is a pity that anybody from developers won't read this tred.

Even more often it seems to me that developers at all don't know that occurs to game. As though them keep in a cell and sentence - Everything excellent! In the PATTERN EVERYTHING is good! Hunger isn't present! The homeless isn't present! We will make you happy!!!

On that I must disagree. Many of my complaints were resolved in time. This patch I had 2 more, the exploit on Novare and the PvP Weekly... They listen, though they don't engage on our discussions...

One additional comment Bioware totally failed on 2 important fronts: exploration on rails kills immersion and is not exploration. They killed the wonder of the Star Wars universe with square maps that move you from point to point and makes me feel like "I'm on a boat".

2nd their story: what meaningful choices do I really make. It makes no difference except for a darkside appearance modifier and my route along my story follows the same rails whatever choice I make.

Questing is like space combat you may as well be on rails "or on a boat" cause... if you do happen to get off the track, you're going to pay with excess travel time. Only real reason to explore an area outside of questing is datacrons (or if you're really bored codexs). The flow to the questing could be compared to the cataclysm expansion. Trying to gate everyone into doing questing that way just feels tedious and redundant especially with bonus quests that make you wonder why you wasted an hour doing something that could've taken fifteen minutes if you had each "stage" at the same time. Guess you've got to wait for the repops on the silver mobs you already butchered forty of to kill five more specific ones and then go back to click on some boxes besides them later, only to then be lead to kill one last dude that someone else (the only other person in the zone) just happened to finish killing.

Due to population issues on my server, sometimes the only thing to do is level unless you want to sit on the fleet, or do dailies again and again and again.

I thought the questing was okay and the story was great the first few times through. It's starting to feel like I've played through Mass Effect 2 for the fifth time. There's only so much leveling a person can do when they keep ignoring all their level 50's and opt to log on to the next alt due to sheer boredom with everything this game has to offer at max level. The small amount of unique class quests isn't enough of a carrot on a stick to make me content with doing the large majority of spacebar content at nauseam.

Edited by Nakazia