Out of Combat - Looking for Answers

Koskilicious

Hi Folks,

I have a PVP question in regards to getting Out of Combat. I can find no obvious method for determining how long it takes me to get out of combat. This, among other things I won't mention in this thread, is one of my main issues with PVP, Wz's and World.

I have tried many things to help make the process of getting out of combat faster, but can't seem to narrow down the parameters that determine the length I sit in combat until able to OOC heal myself or re-stealth.

- Detargeting the enemy player

- Creating an extreme distance between myself and the player

- Running out of line of sight (hiding)

- Dispelling all buffs/debuffs (including removing guard and even class buffs)

None of the above tactics seem to work in getting out of combat in a reasonable time frame.

After an engagement, I run into the pit, around a pillar, etc. and it takes 10-30 seconds to get out of combat. The only real measureable factor for getting OOC that I CAN find is to actually kill or (force to vanish) all of the enemy players that engaged me. (which is a bad design)

In other MMO's, particularly WoW (please don't troll me) it took 6 seconds of neither attacking or being attacked to get out of combat. It made life easy for classes that rely on stealth, or would simply like to be able to OOC heal themselves.

I'm not saying that 6 seconds makes sense in SWTOR, but some time under 10-12 seconds of not being engaged in actual combat, I think is perfectly reasonable to get out of combat in order to heal or stealth again.

Thanks.

I've been wondering the same thing...

I've been trying to pay attention to what works and what doesn't but nothing seems to be consistent. Distance def feels like it plays a part in it as well as line of sight. When dumpster diving on Huttball I feel like I can get my self heal up quickly once breaking the line of sight even though the enemy is just on the other side of the dumpster. It doesn't always seem to be the case though. I'm starting to think that an enemy still having me being targeted plays into it as well since sometimes I can be nowhere near the fight or an opposing player and I still can't get my self heal up. Only logical assumption is that someone still has me targeted even though they may be on the other side of the map.

There are times I can get it up in less than 10 seconds just around the corner from a battle and sometimes I can be nowhere near the fight and it can take up to 30-45 seconds.

It's pretty much broken tbh. As you've mentioned, and as I'm sure countless others have run into, getting out of combat in this game is indeed atrocious. The only preferred method I do is not target anything, which like you said, can be anywhere from 10-30 seconds. This of course means, I have no DoTs applied to an enemy or myself.

In the end I came to the conclusion the overall PvP system is terrible, and was cobbled together by developers who have no idea what they're doing. When I arrived here, I didn't care anymore, and stuck to the forums for my TOR entertainment.

:rak_03:

It's pretty much broken tbh. As you've mentioned, and as I'm sure countless others have run into, getting out of combat in this game is indeed atrocious. The only preferred method I do is not target anything, which like you said, can be anywhere from 10-30 seconds. This of course means, I have no DoTs applied to an enemy or myself.

In the end I came to the conclusion the overall PvP system is terrible, and was cobbled together by developers who have no idea what they're doing. When I arrived here, I didn't care anymore, and stuck to the forums for my TOR entertainment.

:rak_03:

Yeah this pretty much sums it up man. This game has so much potential, but it seems like Bioware is just waaaaaay too slow to respond to seemingly obvious issues, that if fixed, could make a big difference.

Right now it's based on the living status of the people you have interacted with and/or your distance to them.

If you aoe 3/4 players, you wll be in combat until the 3 you interacted with are > (~50m in my experience) away or dead. The 4th player you did not interact with will not count, and you can be standing on top of him. As far as I can tell it doesn't matter if you stop interacting with them. The only conditions are distance/death.

Edited by Ahhmyface

Right now it's based on the living status of the people you have interacted with and/or your distance to them.

If you aoe 3/4 players, you wll be in combat until the 3 you interacted with are > (~50m in my experience) away or dead. The 4th player you did not interact with will not count, and you can be standing on top of him. As far as I can tell it doesn't matter if you stop interacting with them. The only conditions are distance/death.

Needs to be changed. 50m is way too far, especially in Voidstar and Huttball. There should be a minimum amount of time that you are disengaged that determines out of combat, not distance or simply death of the opposing player.

PS - Distance doesn't seem to always work.