When willl 1.3 be out

Survive without what exactly?

Unless off course you are playing this game night and day and the only break you have is a maintenance....then I suppose a long patch downtime would increase your life expectancy.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Survive without what exactly?

Unless off course you are playing this game night and day and the only break you have is a maintenance....then I suppose a long patch downtime would increase your life expectancy.

I too was trying to figure out what TheOnlyKyrenS meant.

Maybe he posted in the wrong thread?

My Force Vision tells me 1.3 to go live around 15th June.

Server transfers just a bit before that, and mergers to higher pops after.

You might want to get your ForceEyes checked then... 1.3 hasn't hit PTS yet, and likely won't for "a few weeks"

I'm betting it's more like August.

Except, didn't someone from Bioware say that after 1.2, that updates would be monthly after that?

Hehe, good point :)

I looked it up, and James Ohlen was who said that. Is he still at Bioware?

If so, he owes me some cake or something for that lie ;)

Here's the link:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/06/pax-east-2012-swtor-1-2-coming-next-week/

When will you people learn... James Ohlen is one of the ruling members of the Empire (see the picture) and you can never trust a Sith. Deception is their way...

http://torwars.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/James-Ohlen-Update-1.2.jpg

Now seriously... I would rather have a long wait between patches if it ensure the quality of content. There is no point in hurrying if it should bring more bugs. 1.2 was pretty much bug free, Bioware did a good job there. I would like to see this performance again in the 1.3.

You might want to get your ForceEyes checked then... 1.3 hasn't hit PTS yet, and likely won't for "a few weeks"

I'm betting it's more like August.

No way 1.3 is coming out in August. Like one of the developers previously stated, content patches will be rolling out quicker, especially with 1.3 being a smaller one. The trailer video for 1.2 was released on March 6, with 1.2 releasing on April 11. So with 1.3 trailer releasing on May 22, it's reasonable to assume that the patch 1.3 will release on JUNE 27. Just a guess, but hopefully 1.3 will be up on the pts after tonights maintenance, or possibly next tuesdays.

So if 1.3 really comes out a month and 5 days after the trailer video, like 1.2 did, the free transfers stage should be set for the week of June 18-22. Just a guess guys but if this isn't a close approximation, then BioWare is yet again lieing about everything they said in their Q&As.

When will you people learn... James Ohlen is one of the ruling members of the Empire (see the picture) and you can never trust a Sith. Deception is their way...

lol! Well he owes me cake then! Hand it over Sith boy! :p

Actually, he didn't say "updates", he said "it's", which means he could have been talking about literally anything. :D

Ah, I see what Jedlosson means about deception :D

Maybe another in game event is in store for us soon then?

"Hi sir, welcome to ____________(fill in restaurant). What can I get for you?"

"Yeah, I'd like the filet, medium rare, with the baked potato, and a side salad with ranch."

"Great, so that's the filet..."

"Is it done yet?"

Puzzled look. "Is what done yet?"

"My dinner. I just ordered it. Why isn't it done yet?"

Looks with disbelief. "Sir, I, umm..."

"Cmon already!!! What taking so long??!?"

Backs away slowly. "Let me get my manager".

On that note, I'm looking forward to the next update, patiently.

"Yeah, I'd like the filet, medium rare, with the baked potato, and a side salad with ranch."

"Is it done yet?"

Yea, at this point the meal would of rotted away by now.

1.3 will hit the test tonight after the server downtime and then perhaps a week of testing then live.

POW!

To be honest, that wouldn't much surprise me. We know:

1. It's going to be hitting the test server soon. (which could easily mean tonight)

2. It's going to be content light, feature heavy (which could mean most of the testing could be done internally, as little/no balance testing would presumably be needed. Mostly just stress testing the LFG/ranked arzone stuff.)

By comparison, then, all "restaurants" serve rotted meals, because TOR's updates aren't coming any slower than anyone else's.

Yes, this does seem to be a common problem with some MMO's (not all though).

But the problem with SWTOR is that it was released content light for lvl 50's, and still pretty much remains this way 6 months later.

And of course server transfers are the BIG issue at this moment, IMHO, and that is really where Bioware is letting "the meal rot".

But if the game content still remains light after server transfers, then this will still be a big problem.

We haven't even had a class storyline update since launch... just a little itty bitty update here and there would be nice, so I can see what is in store next for my IA :)

To be literal, we've actually had several updates since 1.2

There was 1.2.1... 1.2.2... 1.2.3... 1.2.4.... Not even including the emergency updates.

To be fair, I always considered that when they said "rolling out month after month" they weren't saying it would be every month on the month, but rather a somewhat continuous stream, at least for the next several months. If they meant each and every month, then simply saying "monthly" would have made more sense.

Yes, this does seem to be a common problem with some MMO's (not all though).

But the problem with SWTOR is that it was released content light for lvl 50's, and still pretty much remains this way 6 months later.

And of course server transfers are the BIG issue at this moment, IMHO, and that is really where Bioware is letting "the meal rot".

But if the game content still remains light after server transfers, then this will still be a big problem.

We haven't even had a class storyline update since launch... just a little itty bitty update here and there would be nice, so I can see what is in store next for my IA :)

It's not content light for 50s, though. TOR released with more endgame content than any other MMO, including Rift, and has added more endgame updates faster. The problem with TOR's endgame content, though, is that it's not hard enough to complete. The difficulty needs to be raised a few bars for current, and all future, content.

One can argue, however, that lack of difficulty results in, and thus can equate to, lack of content.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

My guess is end of june - mid july. If PTS opens tomorrow after patch that gives them like a month of testing.

The main part I am waiting for in 1.3 is group finder. It be so much better than having to stop questing to go to the fleet for 30 mins LFGing.

"Is it done yet?"

Now imagine this restaurant bills you for every minute you wait for that filet....

Now imagine this restaurant bills you for every minute you wait for that filet....

Yes, a whole 50 cents a day. That's like paying 50 cents a minute while the steak cooks. Hell, I'd pay 50 cents a minute while I wait for it to be cooked. Average time for a filet to cook is about 8 minutes. Average time to get a meal at a restaurant is 16 minutes. If I could pay only $8 for a filet, I'd be there practically every day.

Same here. Updates are coming at the average MMO timeframe. Rift got a LFG at 4 months. TERA got theirs at 8 months. To name an example.

Does it really matter when 1.3 comes out? It does not address one single issue that drove away so many subs.

1.2 was basically placing a finger on the crack of the damn...this isnt a fix, it isnt a bandaid...and they have not said a single word yet about plugging the glaring holes in the gameplay.

Its ok...everyone just keep pretending nothing is wrong other than low population servers...should get you through another what? 3-5 months of gaming before its too late to revive the game.