When willl 1.3 be out

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't 1.3 supposed to be smaller but in exchange come out way faster? Looks like we're getting small AND slow now. Bioware quality....

*sigh* Playing whack-a-mole is no fun and boring when the Mole is slow:(

c'mon BW speed up!! Make at least the whack-a-mole entertaining :mad:

Wasn't 1.3 supposed to be smaller but in exchange come out way faster? Looks like we're getting small AND slow now. Bioware quality....

1.2 was over 3 months from 1.1

Its only been 6 weeks since 1.2. So they could still release it within the next 6 weeks and have be classified as "faster"

1.2 was over 3 months from 1.1

Its only been 6 weeks since 1.2. So they could still release it within the next 6 weeks and have be classified as "faster"

Except, didn't someone from Bioware say that after 1.2, that updates would be monthly after that?

I'm actually not real shocked that the patch adding a bunch of features is taking longer than the patch adding a bunch of content. I'm not a video games developer, but I have enough programming experience to know that going back and making large alterations to the existing framework of a program takes much longer than building new material in the established system.

I don't mind the wait (up to a point of course), what I do mind is the silence and the vagueness from Bioware. Even if you don't want to give your players a date any more specific than "early summer", I think you should still explain to them what's involved in the development process and why you can't be more specific about when it'll be done.

I think people here would be way more forgiving of Bioware if they knew what was going on there on a week to week (if not day to day) basis. When the community is left to speculate, all we ever seem to come up with is suspicion and worst case scenarios/conspiracy theories. And that doesn't help anybody.

More transparency from Bioware would do a lot to improve this community and player moral. Improved community and player moral would do a lot to make the game attractive to new players and get existing ones to start playing again. That's my opinion anyway.

Didn't the 1.3 Q&A say it wouldn't come out until August? I believe an article with Daniel Erickson had him stating Server Transfers would occur in early Summer before 1.3 release.

Sure I could look this stuff up, but I'm too lazy. Just remember reading it.

there was mention of 'a few weeks' for 1.3 to arrive on pts...that was last week so I guess 2 more weeks till pts then maybe what 3 weeks of testing lfg and ranked wz? Fast enough for me certainly faster than other mmos with maybe the exception of rift which cranks out content fast.

Except, didn't someone from Bioware say that after 1.2, that updates would be monthly after that?

Yes they did:

link

We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting.

Haven't quite met that goal yet have they...