Space stations.

Bryzak

I have played Empire since the start if the game. So i decided to create a smugler to see what the Republic side was like. I arrive at the Empire space station originally and that seems bright, but when i arrived at the Republic space station I got a complete shock. It is dark and dingy.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the space stations are the wrong way round? Sorry the Empire are suppose to be the evil side not the Republic.

I wait for other peoples views.

The space stations now are way better than the ones fom back in the beta, the space stations in the beta only consisted of two hallways, two hangars, and 1 room, with the black talon/esseles valet at the end of the other hallway.

Both were exactly identical, I think the reason for the difference in art design for Republic and Empire stations was because.

Empire: Made to be the perfect civilization, which also meant cleanliness, and the station does resemble Kaas City.

Republic: Been around for a while, stuff wear and tears in space, but theres also the matter of color-style, Silver and red are empire colors.

Carrick Station (the Republic station) is old, has been repaired and retro-fitted several times, and has more than a few scratches and bumps.

Vaiken Spacedock, on the other hand, is relatively new, and follows the IKEA model of spacedock design - don't do something original, copy what already works/is popular for other people, and make a couple of small tweaks so it is not a blatant copy. In this case, inverting the layout seems to be the "small tweak" involved.

And, like IKEA furniture, it looks all bright and shiny and better than the original now, but the sturdiness and lifetime of the piece is dependent on the skill of the person who put it together.

I have played Empire since the start if the game. So i decided to create a smugler to see what the Republic side was like. I arrive at the Empire space station originally and that seems bright, but when i arrived at the Republic space station I got a complete shock. It is dark and dingy.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel the space stations are the wrong way round? Sorry the Empire are suppose to be the evil side not the Republic.

I wait for other peoples views.

Actually, I love they way how the Vaiken Spacedock (Imperial space station) looks like. It has similar choice of color to Death Star - almost everything is in shades of gray with a gentle touch of red flags.

I admit that I was quite surprized by the color choice of the Carrick Station (Republic space station). Then I realized that the color choice is quite reasonable and is mainly given by fact that the station has large number of windows and thus the color is influenced by the huge yellow/orange star that the station is orbiting. The best way to see the star for yourself is to use the shuttle to fly from Telos to Carrick Station.

Edited by Jedlosson

Carrick Station (the Republic station) is old, has been repaired and retro-fitted several times, and has more than a few scratches and bumps.

Vaiken Spacedock, on the other hand, is relatively new, and follows the IKEA model of spacedock design - don't do something original, copy what already works/is popular for other people, and make a couple of small tweaks so it is not a blatant copy. In this case, inverting the layout seems to be the "small tweak" involved.

And, like IKEA furniture, it looks all bright and shiny and better than the original now, but the sturdiness and lifetime of the piece is dependent on the skill of the person who put it together.

Ironically, BW made Empire station first.