Anyone wish there were Buffing/Debuffing classes?

JnEricsonx

I know that most classes have some kind, but I'd love it if there was one that focused on it more. But that's probably more due to my love of characters in City of Heroes/Villains who could reduce enemies to crying wiggling lumps armored in tissue paper, or make my allies into raging paragons of invincibility and destruction. Thoughts?

As a long time player of the priest archetype I would have to say I agree. I rather dislike the general move away from the buffer/healer to a pure healer. Makes me feel like a reusable medpac/potion which seems so cheap. However that's just my personal opinion. I'm sure many people are happy being medpacs, especially since it's a common trend that seems to be spreading throughout MMOs.

I once tried a buff class. Enchanter in Asheron's Call 2. Not a fun experience. After I gave out my buffs I was basically just a subpar DPS. The problem with buffs is that they're not interactive. Once they're cast you have nothing useful to do. I never tried a debuff class unless you count a mage-assassin in Shadowbane, but a debuff class seems like it might be more fun.