1.2 PvE 4 Set Bonus vs Extra Cunning

TiTaNsFaN

Any thoughts as to whether the 5 extra energy 4 set bonus from Campaign Armoring is worth the loss of 11 cunning from Advanced Skill Armoring 26?

I'm referring specifically to gloves, since that's the only piece that all Campaign armoring has more endurance than cunning.

Summary: Would you rather have +11 Cunning or +5 Energy for raids? (For DPS Operative of course)

Edited by TiTaNsFaN

The 5 energy is abysmal. If you're managing energy correctly, you're staying in the top tier anyway, and the 4pc gives you another 1 energy to play with at the top. Totally worth ditching it for the cunning boost. At lower gear points, I think using BM Field Tech to get the OS bonus would be better, but I'm not sure how it holds up at campaign gear levels.

The 2pc Field Tech PVP bonus is waa<insert a few more "a"'s here>ay better.

but the armoring has expertise... why would I want that for ops? o_o

I'll keep the extra cunning though, 5 extra energy does seem a bit useless :/

On a sidenote... anyone else think it's ridiculously stupid that black hole gear is = to Campaign gear (and in a lot of cases itemized even better?)

Edited by TiTaNsFaN

Take two Battlemaster items and put your Rakata/Black Hole mods in it for the field tech bonus. The set bonus is on the shell for the "old" sets (only war hero and campaign gear has the set bonus on the armoring).

Edit: You cant put in your campaign mods, because that overwrites the set bonus on the shell.

Edited by Wulffion

11 Cunning will do pretty much nothing for your DPS. Unless like .008% DPS increase really matters to you.

I'd assume that being able to toss in an extra ability every now and then, instead of a rifle shot, would be a greater DPS increase. Granted, I only PvP and don't feel like running the numbers, lol.

In the end, I'd say the differences are too insignificant to worry about. Use whatever takes you the least effort to obtain.

Take two Battlemaster items and put your Rakata/Black Hole mods in it for the field tech bonus. The set bonus is on the shell for the "old" sets (only war hero and campaign gear has the set bonus on the armoring).

Edit: You cant put in your campaign mods, because that overwrites the set bonus on the shell.

Then you lose out on 2 augment slots... 36 power. Not worth it.

Then you lose out on 2 augment slots... 36 power. Not worth it.

If you do boots and gloves, you're only losing out on an augment slot if you have 60+ valor rank, and have taken the time to craft bm/war hero shells for a crit. In 1.3, which hopefully will be out soon... you wont have to worry about the lost of an augment slot at all.