DPS guide?

I don't see a dps guide anywhere. I'm Vengeance spec'd and I was just wondering if I should keep Vicious Slash on my bars or just build rage with Assault/Sundering Assault then stick to Impale->Shatter->Force Scream->Ravage.

I've experimented with tossing in vicious slash in high-rage situations where other sources of rage generation are possible, it's POSSIBLE to weave it in, but it's very much a marginal damage increase overall. Done perfectly, it's a gain of about 30-60 DPS depending on how you manage to get it in, but it's so tight for rage and has no other benefit (doesn't provide savagery or dots/armor debuffs/rage gen). Otherwise it can actually lead to a damage decrease if you're not careful with how much you use it.

Not worth the hassle, imo

I've experimented with tossing in vicious slash in high-rage situations where other sources of rage generation are possible, it's POSSIBLE to weave it in, but it's very much a marginal damage increase overall. Done perfectly, it's a gain of about 30-60 DPS depending on how you manage to get it in, but it's so tight for rage and has no other benefit (doesn't provide savagery or dots/armor debuffs/rage gen). Otherwise it can actually lead to a damage decrease if you're not careful with how much you use it.

Not worth the hassle, imo

This, and as the other poster mentioned, Smash is a better filler move, since it actually generates 1 rage, does more damage with 2 points in the Rage tree, and (strictly talking about PvP here) counts as yellow damage meaning it can't be avoided by tanks.

The ONLY ever time I use it is when Sundering Assault, Force Scream, Obliterate (I use a 4/25/12 build), Impale, Ravage AND Smash are all on CD and I literally have nothing at all better to use. That or I'm not using smash or sweeping slash because I don't want to break CC or I'm saving it for adds in a boss fight.

Basically it's almost never but you might as well have it on your bar just in case. I'd just never ever find myself needing to spam it. Ever.

I don't see a dps guide anywhere. I'm Vengeance spec'd and I was just wondering if I should keep Vicious Slash on my bars or just build rage with Assault/Sundering Assault then stick to Impale->Shatter->Force Scream->Ravage.

What do you mean? Try searching this forum - Vengeance rotations and dps tips have been listed several times throughout. Also have a look at Moresexy's guide stickied at the top. It's a little out of date but has the basics.

Also check this video out - v helpful and teaches you really all you need to know for Venge DPS post 1.2:

oh and don't use vicious slash - it's a waste of rage. Use smash instead but only as a rage generator

Edited by JamieM