Armor Confusion

Draequin

So am going to go ahead and open myself up to flaming but am confused on pvp armor. I see folks with orange war hero armor that is augmented giving them higher stats than the war hero trade in /purple piece. How is it these orange pieces have a fourth slot for augmenting? Is there some step I'm missing to get the most out of my armor as I thought the purple would beat the orange all day over simply due to the requirements of the purple pieces...

Purple or Orange, a piece of armor is only as good as the armoring/mod/enhancement that is in it. With WH armoring specifically, you can pull the armoring out, put it in an orange, and the set bonus moves with it.

WH + Augment > just WH, but only by the stats of the augment.

I understand you can move the mods, what i dont understand is the 4 slot that is appearing in orange armor. If I buy a purple war hero piece yes i can take out the mods and move into an orange piece, but that doesnt account for the 4th slot that I keep seeing (augment slot). May be I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be but i just dont understand where/how the 4th slot comes into play. Thanks for your reply though.

I understand you can move the mods, what i dont understand is the 4 slot that is appearing in orange armor. If I buy a purple war hero piece yes i can take out the mods and move into an orange piece, but that doesnt account for the 4th slot that I keep seeing (augment slot). May be I'm making this more difficult than it needs to be but i just dont understand where/how the 4th slot comes into play. Thanks for your reply though.

1. Buy the WH PVP Schematic set. 2.Craft til you "crit" (gives Augment slot). ~or~ 1. Buy Augmented armor from GTN. 2. Reinstall mods from WH set into new gear. On the WH sets the "set bonuses" are in the armoring, so that's really the only piece that's needed.

orange gear that has an augment slot can be made by crafters, check the GTN. I believe it's from critical creations, that's one side of crafting I haven't done yet.

The crafted WH armor (with augment slots) on the GM is typically very expensive (at least it is on my server). If you want to save yourself some creds, wait until 1.3 when they introduce the feature that allows you to augment any gear (prototype or better). Edited by Mournblood
clarification