I want to play with other people!!!!

gurugeorge

BW, this game is failing in its important duty of getting people to play together in a virtual world.

My EU home server where I started my 6 toons (Lord Calypho, EU RP-PVP) which was very healthy in the first month (roundabout 150-200 in Fleet at times) is now dead as a dodo, at most there's around 20 people in Fleet, rising maybe to 50 or 60 very occasionally.

THERE AREN'T ENOUGH PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH.

I can't understand your seemingly blase attitude about this, as if it's some relatively not-too-troublesome hiccup in the course of the game's inexorable rise to the MMO hall of fame. It's not, it's the most serious problem facing the game today, something needs to be done about it urgently.

SWTOR is an MMO that has many charms on the single-player side, and is a lot of casual fun on the MMO side; but ask youreself honestly, how many players playing today are getting their full MMO-experience-money's worth out of the game, if their servers are deserted, and they are scattered to the four winds across the ludicrously hubristic number of live servers?

The good name of BioWare has suffered a few knocks recently, let's see some company spirit (you are a great developer of immersive games, dammit!!!) asserting itself and giving us, the players, an honest, PR-free admission of error (for error there must have been, for things to have come to such an impasse) and some firm resolve to sort this problem out.

Edited by gurugeorge

People here will tell you that rerolling on The Fatman or waiting for server transfers will fix your problem.

What a blind affirmation.

Transfering people from a low populated server to another server = dead server

Transfering people from a dead server to another server = dead server

I actually like a quiet server, because that way there aren't a couple of dozen players in my immediate vicinity all doing the same missions as I am. It feels more like I'm in one of the books or films that way.

Hello there, everyone!

We realize that server population is a very important topic of discussion with the Community right now. To help keep our forums better organized and feedback consolidated, we ask that you share any thoughts or concerns about server transfers in the existing thread, FREE Character Transfers are Coming!.

Also, here is some additional information from Dallas Dickinson regarding the timing of server transfers from a recent Weekly Q&A:

Arymono: When will character transfers be available for everybody?

Dallas Dickinson (Senior Producer, Live Services): We will be rolling out our Character Transfer Service in early summer. First we’ll have some targeted free transfers from/to specific servers, but that will be followed with a broader system where you can either take advantage of free promotional transfers to specific servers or paid transfers to the server of your choice. We know everyone has more questions about character transfer, and we’ll reveal more details closer to the launch date.

Hope this helps! Thanks for your understanding.