Third faction or let us switch side

pellib

To add some more dynamics and surprise element to the game. Played DAOC back in the days and three factions worked wonders for adding elements of surprise.

Seeing the problems with introducing a third faction how about letting us switch sides.

Edited by pellib

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to be able to switch sides with my toons, to get my trooper to imp side.

Sadly this won`t happen, in the current "lore". Thank God we get Force Choke on non-force sensitive races. Or offspring sith pureblood from a cyborg and a twi`lek.

They are hardly making one op, one fp and one warzone per 6 months, add presumably one comp each 6 months, withdraw features 12 hours away of release.. and you honestly think they can dedicate the resources for a 3rd faction, with 4 classes and 8 advanced classes?

[EDIT]ONE new race was announced for.. this year. At a quick glance, we assume as a hasty generalisation, one new race each year... imagine 4 races :)

Edited by Styxx

No its not its called an expantion, star trek online is working on its expantion to bring the cardassian's in as a faction right now its only fed/klingons the cardassians would be a third faction. it can be done if bio chooses to

Because it's too late to do a complete overhaul on the game's core world mechanics.

The only faction that is prominent enough to add would be the Hutt Cartel. However with BH and Smuggler being on the other two factions that kind of blows that idea out of the water. If they did move them to the third faction then they would most likely have to rewrite most of, if not all of the storylines for both classes. They would also have to create a third class for the new faction to equalize it with a Jedi, perhaps a Mandalorian Dualist or something. Regardless that would definitely be a large undertaking and would not even happen until an expansion comes out most likely.

No its not its called an expantion, star trek online is working on its expantion to bring the cardassian's in as a faction right now its only fed/klingons the cardassians would be a third faction. it can be done if bio chooses to

Let`s put it this way: Bioware`s definition of a "side" is 4 classes, of various races combo. That amounts to 50% of the game content (excluding shared).

This idea asks for adding 50% to the game, IF we assume they will strive for the same "polished content", and "hours of play".

And this can branch into reusing the same planets and make only story arcs, which amount to roughly 5 quests per planet... still lots of work...

When they can simply stamp a new race and call it a "groundbreaking feature". Oh.. you also get to grind it to 50 again.. on a likely paid extra char slot.. with 5% XP gain from Legacy.. for 10 mil credits. Do you dare still complain? :p

Edited by Styxx

I talked about this b4 im for it but just saying that will get alot of people screaming noooooooooooooooooo on here

with comments like it will mess up the story ect... the game needs some spice

If I had the choice I would rather have an exciting and fun game then staying true to the story.

Not to be confused with 'The Kardasians'... I raised an eyerow there for a second, but that's cause I'm not a Star Trek fan.

Anyway, back on topic. Do you not realise how much work and how much they would have to go back and tweek and fix and change to add what you want? The entire world would have to be reconstructed to accomodate this.

I'm not against it... I don't hate it... I'm just telling you this isn't going to happen...

the fact its taken this long to get 1.3 , an 1.3 has stuff that should have been in this game at launch, if all of 1.2 an 1.3 was in at launch we would be getting real content and people would be happy. this is a mmo not a ps3 game and ea loves releasing ps3 games bugged ridden an uncomplete an cant do that with a mmo people will not pay to stand in fleet all day, when you have a number of 50's im burned out on dailys im not big into pvp theres only so meny times you can do the same raid over and over again. i know people that left beofre 1.2 an they will never come back like me they have been playing mmo's since dark ages oc released wayback when lol seen how this game lacked basic mmo fetures, being a pretty much single player game unless u want to raid, do flash points or heroics

Refreshing, yes. Likely? HELL NO!

See above why not.. at this pace.. we`ll be lucky to get any content at all.

The only faction that is prominent enough to add would be the Hutt Cartel. However with BH and Smuggler being on the other two factions that kind of blows that idea out of the water. If they did move them to the third faction then they would most likely have to rewrite most of, if not all of the storylines for both classes. They would also have to create a third class for the new faction to equalize it with a Jedi, perhaps a Mandalorian Dualist or something. Regardless that would definitely be a large undertaking and would not even happen until an expansion comes out most likely.

It's more of a fantasy, I'm aware of that. Switching sides shouldn't be that hard to implement though.

A third Faction would Impact Faction Balance even more, and Switching sides? hell we ALL know people would onloy switch to empire, its a good idea true but at this state? no, let Bioware sink in first, Get all their main features out, then we can talk

Looking forward to our talk sometime in the distant future :D

Edited by pellib

i know it wont happen but if you want to run a mmo its gotta be done, to keep things fresh an keep pop wow players are set in there ways thats why they stay i to was a wow player an god it bores me. if bio wants this game to go on meny meny year they cant be lazy. a mm requires alot of work this ant a ps3 game u just ship full of bugs and u patch it. mmo's have to evolve if bio does not get things done the game will fail the pop drops every day more an more servers are having less ppl pn them. my server used to have high pop now its like a nuclar bomb went off fleet is so big yet its dead. whole plants are dead. its bio's call keep patching the game with warzone,pvp content an perks or patch the game with major quest/class story content so ppl with 50's can get back to doing something other then pvp,raid an dailys. im all for ading more to legacy but heck lets get this game full of more content first

Not to be confused with 'The Kardasians'... I raised an eyerow there for a second, but that's cause I'm not a Star Trek fan.

Anyway, back on topic. Do you not realise how much work and how much they would have to go back and tweek and fix and change to add what you want? The entire world would have to be reconstructed to accomodate this.

I'm not against it... I don't hate it... I'm just telling you this isn't going to happen...

It's more of a fantasy, I'm aware of that. Switching sides shouldn't be that hard to implement though.

It is, for the simple fact that the char`s story is linked to the side. So, at the very least, they need to add one story arc for the actual transition, then adapt any future class expansion to the "opposite side" too.

Do you honestly see Bioware doing this? I don`t. I would LOVE to.. but I don`t see this happening.