Synthweaving schematic BROKEN (with pics for proof)

Elbynerual

So I got the Campaign bracers from Hard Mode Denova. I reverse engineered them and was lucky to learn the schematic for them on the first try. These are the Assassin tank bracers to be exact: "Campaign Survivor Bracers".

THEN, I set the ship droid companion to make one. The mats are NOT simple. When the droid finished, it gave me regular Rakata bracers. Rakata. It used all the difficult mats of the Campaign recipe to craft Rakata bracers.

The schematic is crafting the wrong item.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/341/screenshot2012052804372.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/8426/screenshot2012052805410.jpg

Edit: You can see the droid reporting in the second picture what he crafted in the chat box.

Edited by Elbynerual

Do you have the Rakata schematic and did you zone, log off, or switch toons while it was being crafted?

Yes I zoned, that shouldn't matter. I zone while crafting other stuff all the time and this has never happened to me.

I also want to add something for developers that I forgot to put in the ticket. I just realized it while I was thinking of it. I had the same companion that crafted these bracers crafting other stuff first and canceled them. Here's what happened:

Ship droid was crafting and his queue went in this order... Rakata bracers, Rakata waist, another Rakata bracers. When the first Rak bracers finished, they crit with an augment slot. So I canceled the second queue of bracers that was after the belt he was currently making. Then I queued the campaign bracers. He finished the belt, no crit, and started crafting the "campaign" bracers. When it finished it was rakata.

This happened to me a couple days ago aswell. Not at crazy as the mats needed for campaign but i was crafting a purple lvl 47 hilt along with some offhand foci. One of the foci crit so i cancelled the rest. Left the hilt to finish while i swapped toons to get some more crafting going on those.

When i returned i found a blue hilt had been made, it had gobbled my gems for the purple. They werent misplaced as they were my last 4 and i had to crit some more missions before i could remake it. I had made blues well earlier in the session to RE to get the purple schematic.

Okay, so I'm starting to think its not the schematic broken (easy to assume since its new to the game), and is more likely the process of canceling a crafting queue (while some crafting is still going on) and starting a new pattern in the queue. I suppose the workaround would be to wait until all crafting you let stay in queue finishes after you have canceled something before you begin crafting anything new.

Developers can probably duplicate this quickly and sort it out. But this still doesn't fix the fact that my item is nowhere to be found and my ticket in game was closed.... customer service is seriously lacking.

Okay, one last update. I did some poking around in the crafting to see if I could duplicate the problem and I figured it out.

1. Start more than one object in the crafting queue.

2. Cancel something at the end of the queue (not what's currently being made) by right clicking the picture of it.

3. Start something new in the crafting queue at the end of the line.

4. The item that was canceled in step 2 will still be crafted when the item in step 3 finishes, even though canceling the item in step 2 gave you the mats back.

This could seriously impact the GTN.... I want to test it some more but I fear the banhammer so I'll just leave it be

Hi,

I tried this in the German Client, but could not reproduce the issue.

I did the following:

Start producing: "Reinforced Fiber Handgear".

While this was in production i queued: "Alacrity Augment 22" (blue).

After a few seconds i stopped by right-click on it the: "Alacrity Augment 22" (blue) and get the mats back.

Now i queued the next: "Reinforced Fiber Handgear".

Then the first "Reinforced Fiber Handgear" finished, and later the second "Reinforced Fiber Handgear" finished.

Not i got the two "Reinforced Fiber Handgear" and the mats for the "Alacrity Augment 22" (blue) in my inventory.

Would it be possible that anyone test exactly this what i explained in the english client?

I tried again with the augments and it did not work. It is either random, or I am missing a variable or two. Some friends of mine tried to reproduce it with other professions and nobody got it to work at all. I want to figure it out more to help the devs but it feels pretty random right now.

When i returned i found a blue hilt had been made, it had gobbled my gems for the purple. They werent misplaced as they were my last 4 and i had to crit some more missions before i could remake it. I had made blues well earlier in the session to RE to get the purple schematic.

I have had the exact same thing happen.

I was crafting some blue boots and a purple augment. The boots finished, leaving just the aug to go. I logged another toon to manage their crafting and when I logged back I was no longer crafting a purp aug, but another set of the blue boots.

I'd RE'd the other boots and wondered if I had somehow managed to RE the aug as well. But in hindsight I realise that I could not have done so, since the aug was being crafted whilst I'd been REing the boots.

I've noticed what I thought to be the order of items in the queue changing after logging off and on, but never an item transmuting before. Vary annoying, particularly since it still consumed the last of my purple materials.

I didn't ticket it at the time, as I really wasn't sure what had happened. But I rather wish I had.

This was also synthweaving.

H.

Edited by Helgarm
Further clarification.

VERY old. bug. I first reported it back in January (or possibly february?)

Also can hit if you simply add items to a queue in progress. (in that case, you'll get a duplicate of one of the previous items in the queue, instead of getting the new item)

(I *also* think I've experienced it when starting a new queue on a different character, not just modifying the existing queue)

But yeah, basically if you switch to a character (or log in to a character/zone with a character/space combat with a character) that has a queue in progress, adding/deleting stuff (then adding stuff) to the queue will have relatively random results. I've never figured out a reliable repro, but EVERY time I've noticed it's always been a higher quality item into a lower quality. (My personal suspicion is there's an "online" version of the queue and an "offline" version. One of the two is sorted by quality in some fashion. When your character is "saved" to the "offline" version, (which I expect is happening behind the scene every time you change zones/load) The two queues are merged in some fashion, with the "wrong" queue (the offline one) occasionally taking precedence.

And yeah, never figured out reliable repro steps either. I've just learned to NEVER EVER alter a queue once I load into a character with a queue in progress.

This could seriously impact the GTN.... I want to test it some more but I fear the banhammer so I'll just leave it be

Keep trying to duplicate it so it can be fixed. I wouldn't worry about the banhammer at all, as they cannot afford to lose subs now. If they banned you, there would only be 3 ppl left on your server.