This is intolerable!

tiguelinus

First queue lines for pvp are bad, but now no one wants to do hardmode flashpoints in my server (The twin spears). What happened to this game?, no matter the time there was always people to play with, is this what I'm paying $15.00 a month for?.

Who cares about flashpoints!?

All the best pve gear is in the operations.

If you can't get people together for 4 man flashpoints, how the hell are you gonna get people together willing to run an operation???

Seriously, these server problems are getting rather severe. 1.3 can't come soon enough with those server transfers....

First queue lines for pvp are bad, but now no one wants to do hardmode flashpoints in my server (The twin spears). What happened to this game?, no matter the time there was always people to play with, is this what I'm paying $15.00 a month for?.

Keep LFGing in general that is what the hardcore elitists say you should do when you want a group you don't need a cross server LFG to find other people who want hard mode cause it turns it into easy mode by getting a group quick and bypassing the DKP guilds!

I believe some of the issue includes those with Friends and a Guild on a server. What happens when Transfers start and suddenly the entire guild is empty and that server is even less populated due to people migrating to other servers? Server Transfers will help fix some issues, but still create others for players. What should be offered up with this is a Guild Transfer, that will enable all players and their alts in a Guild to transfer together to another server or copy their chars and the guild to another more populated server so they can all still stay together.

This of course would require BioWare contacting and getting in touch with the Guildmasters of each guild in game, which is by no means a small feat. And then must initiate a transfer function that shows for each player stating that the Guild has moved to such-an-such server and if they'd like to join via transferring or making a copy of that character.

here's a thought. instead of having bioware do everything for you how about finding a guild that has people? or hey start your own and start advertising that you want to run these things and get people to join you that likes the same thing you do.

If you're lving under a rock and are unaware or the coming xfers or if you plan on sleeping through the free one I hate to be harsh but you deserve the anguish. It's like this for anything you do half-arse in life.

With that said bigger pops doesn't mean you're going to quickly do anything you want to do the moment you want to do it. Even on The Fatman you can spend significant time looking for a tank or healer because there's not a infinite number of willing or able people to fill the roles. Maybe the LFG tool in conjunction with xfers will help widen the pool but you'll always run into an issue sometimes where there's not a long line of tanks or healers waiting to run FP or OP X.

Please. Everyone continue to complain about something that is already coming. Obviously Bioware needs to be reminded on their forums every five minutes.

Indeed.

I'm so glad I'm a PvE player. I have no reason to care about any of that.:rolleyes:

This should be resolved with the LFG system in conjunction with server transfers.

If you're lving under a rock and are unaware or the coming xfers or if you plan on sleeping through the free one I hate to be harsh but you deserve the anguish. It's like this for anything you do half-arse in life.

When are those transfers coming? Not in 1.3. Some unspecified time in the future. And what "free one" are you talking about? No official has stated that everyone gets a free transfer to the server of their choice. If we're to take WoW has the model (like everything else in this game does), we can realistically expect to be allowed to transfer off high population servers and onto low population servers.

With that said bigger pops doesn't mean you're going to quickly do anything you want to do the moment you want to do it. Even on The Fatman you can spend significant time looking for a tank or healer because there's not a infinite number of willing or able people to fill the roles.

That's because at best, the Fatman would have 3000 concurrent players. That's a pretty pathetic cap for a game purporting to be massively multiplayer. They aren't all on your faction. They aren't all in the zone. And this game has horrible tools for helping players get together if you're not all on the Fleet at the same time spamming General.

Want to do your dailies in the Black Hole? Well you're going to miss the group forming for HM Whatever.

is this what I'm paying $15.00 a month for?.

Nope, if my past experience of MMOs is anything to go on that $15 a month your paying for is your "rental" of the account and access to the servers, of course it goes into alot of other things too (Upkeep of the company itself, payment of their staff, development costs for future content ect ect) but that is all just a by-product of a large scale game with an incoming payment, they want you to continue paying that, so they add new features or content and offer support with that too.

Generally coming onto a forum to poorly vocalise your frustration is for your benefit alone. If something is going to happen about low server pops ect its because they look at the numbers and decide "We want these people to keep paying us this money, we better get on a solution to keep them and/or have people who have left return to giving us this money"

I'd say just relax a bit, getting all angry about something that is meant to be something your doing in your free time to simply kill said free time isn't worth it, they've said they're on it, they're on it.

When are those transfers coming? Not in 1.3. Some unspecified time in the future. And what "free one" are you talking about? No official has stated that everyone gets a free transfer to the server of their choice. If we're to take WoW has the model (like everything else in this game does), we can realistically expect to be allowed to transfer off high population servers and onto low population servers.

@rockjaw CE holder here, haven't played since week 2. Will there be an auto group finder and server transfers in 1.3? Otherwise Ill wait

17 May Stephen Reid ‏@Rockjaw

In fact one of those will likely be before 1.3.

We already knew that the Group Finder is with 1.3, so he was talking about transfers being before 1.3. Besides, there are plenty of other quotes by devs placing transfers with or before the Group Finder.

Also:

According to Senior Producer Dallas Dickinson, the service will be made available in waves. The studio will begin by offering free transfers to and from specific servers, but later on there will be a more widespread system that will allow anyone to transfer to the server of their choice. The service should help alleviate issues with low population servers by offering transfers to high-pop ones.
Edited by JeramieCrowe

start a new player, on a more pop server untill server transfers come out its 1 am est an there like over 200 ppl on jedi cov its very heavy right now

Really, if anyone is going to start over, they might as well do it in a better game that will still be around by the end of the year.

Really, if anyone is going to start over, they might as well do it in a better game that will still be around by the end of the year.

I ought to save this quote, so that when the end of the year comes around, and the game is still here, I can post it. :p

I love this thread.... a guy sounds off about being low pop and not being able to get a group together and the masses of fanbois jump on their swords basically telling him it's his fault, his problem, roll on a new server, just suck it up...

Seriously, on my sever I am lucky if there are double digits of level 50's online.... how that ends up being my fault according to the experts on this forum is laughable. How about a real solution.... like I dunno merging servers, and a cross server LFG tool... but I guess that somehow ruins this "great" community....

Oh an as far as it's "already coming" you mean like rated WZ's in 1.2 ... oh snap, if it comes in then great, but I'm not holding my breath. Start a new toon... do you even understand how legacy is "supposed" to work? Have bioware do everything for me? You mean like have an environment that actually has more than 50 concurrent players on my server on my faction... These comments show how out of touch people on high pop servers are with the rest of the "community" Your empathy is overwhelming...

I love this thread.... a guy sounds off about being low pop and not being able to get a group together and the masses of fanbois jump on their swords basically telling him it's his fault, his problem, roll on a new server, just suck it up...

Seriously, on my sever I am lucky if there are double digits of level 50's online.... how that ends up being my fault according to the experts on this forum is laughable. How about a real solution.... like I dunno merging servers, and a cross server LFG tool... but I guess that somehow ruins this "great" community....

Oh an as far as it's "already coming" you mean like rated WZ's in 1.2 ... oh snap, if it comes in then great, but I'm not holding my breath. Start a new toon... do you even understand how legacy is "supposed" to work? Have bioware do everything for me? You mean like have an environment that actually has more than 50 concurrent players on my server on my faction... These comments show how out of touch people on high pop servers are with the rest of the "community" Your empathy is overwhelming...

Something along those lines, indeed.

And yes - Bioware does indeed need to be reminded, constantly, that the low server population is a huge issue for the people still trying to be active on those servers.

Bioware have too much of a tendency to say vague 'soon', 'likely', 'in the near future' etc .... this forum is the only actual choice people have to show their dissatisfaction that they as paying customers have every right to do so.

If nothing else, in the vain hope, that Bioware actually hurries a bit before the low population scares away the remainder population from those servers. Other games are coming and while the 'grass might be greener' - MMO customers have shown willingness to move from one game to another, fast, leaving behind the old one in the dust. And the majority that leaves never seems to look back - even if it's just 'the grass is greener'. Then they'll just move to a third.

Telling people to reroll is moronic. People have characters with equipment and legacy and what not. Telling them to give up those things until Bioware manages to implement what realistically should have been done already in development is ..... yeah, moronic.

Edited by xandax

Telling people to reroll is moronic. People have characters with equipment and legacy and what not. Telling them to give up those things until Bioware manages to implement what realistically should have been done already in development is ..... yeah, moronic.

It's not a valid request, I agree. I think the better thing to do would be to take a break if there truly is nothing in the game that interests you.

It's not a valid request, I agree. I think the better thing to do would be to take a break if there truly is nothing in the game that interests you.

A very common suggestion . . . and one that close to a million people have taken to heart.

It's not a matter of whether there's 'truly is nothing in the game that interests you.'.

It's what can you actually do within the framework of the game that makes some of the remainder people leave, even people who did like the game.

And telling people to leave is hardly going to fix population.

Edited by xandax

It's not a matter of whether there's 'truly is nothing in the game that interests you.'.

It's what can you actually do within the framework of the game that makes some of the remainder people leave, even people who did like the game.

And telling people to leave is hardly going to fix population.

I certainly don't mean to leave for good. I've been in a position in an MMO many times where I just didn't want to log in anymore. So I took a break. Played some XBOX games, checked out other games, read some books. Then I came back later and it was a whole new game for me, interest renewed.

I spend 80% of my game time solo, because everyone else in my guild has full-time jobs. I'm disabled. I'm still having fun. If you're not, I'm merely making a suggestion in all seriousness, and not trying to flame or anything: take a little break.

Soon transfers will be here and happening, the Group Finder will be in, servers will repopulate and be consolidated and culled, and things will start to look up for the new content in 1.4.

Edited by JeramieCrowe