Bank Ninja Looted, CS does nothing?

SaintAvalon

Somehow I doubt you've been on the receiving end of it, and are usually on the doing end.

After dealing with a guild on WoW run by a 16-17 yr old girl who ran around inviting everyone she passed by, and dealing with a guild thief that kept stealing for a month before I was promoted high enough to kick him out/do anything about it (even with logs) and then having her go and invite his alts in as she saw them and have the thing repeat itself, I totally disagree with your viewpoint.

Especially after the guy messaged me specifically and laughed about how many things he stole and re-sold on AH.

Guild thief are scum, bottom of the bucket, and are part of the reason I won't join guilds unless I really get to know a few of the members...

This is why if I'm ever in a position to look for a guild, if they'll invite me right away, I'm not interested. Because that means they did that with everyone else. All guilds I've ever joined took at least a month of playing with them and getting know them as they got to know me before I could even submit an application for an invite.

Otherwise, I'm not interested.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why if I'm ever in a position to look for a guild, if they'll invite me right away, I'm not interested. Because that means they did that with everyone else. All guilds I've ever joined took at least a month of playing with them and getting know them as they got to know me before I could even submit an application for an invite.

Otherwise, I'm not interested.

One bonus of server transfers + 1.3's improved LFG tool is enhancing a guild's ability to recruit & even audition potential guildmates. Edited by GalacticKegger

Logs should have been added to Guild Banks.

That said, guild banks are horrible idea.

guild banks do have a log that includes deposits, withdraw, what the item was, and who done it, but it looks like only the guildmaster can see it.

guild banks also have a weekly Ledger to track credit usage. also looks like only the Guildmaster can see it.

so...if you take from the bank or use funds your GM will be able to look it up.

I didn't play WoW but all of two long months. However, no one is saying he should go without punishment. It should be you doing the punishing, though. Take some responsibility for your own guildmates and ex-guildmates, man.

This is not a CS issue, get over it.

Agree.. This is not a CS issue. The issue is.. yeah better not i'll get an infraction or ban.

I didn't play WoW but all of two long months. However, no one is saying he should go without punishment. It should be you doing the punishing, though. Take some responsibility for your own guildmates and ex-guildmates, man.

This is not a CS issue, get over it.

one thing that has worked is informing the gm's of other guilds.

myself....only one other person in my guild has the capacity to promote....and i know where he lives :p

guild banks do have a log that includes deposits, withdraw, what the item was, and who done it, but it looks like only the guildmaster can see it.

guild banks also have a weekly Ledger to track credit usage. also looks like only the Guildmaster can see it.

Yeah, he already knows who took it. What the OP wants to know is who gave that guildie the permissions to allow him to do it. Not sure if that shows.

Yeah, he already knows who took it. What the OP wants to know is who gave that guildie the permissions to allow him to do it. Not sure if that shows.

The officers should have known not to give rights without consulting with the Guildmaster, or not to new and not fully trusted persons.

How is this a CS issue or why should it do anything for a clear case of bad Guild management and missplaced trust?

tl;dr : It matters none who gave it permission. The officers are at fault, period. Player error, not game error.

Edited by Styxx

People cannot promote to their own rank, they can only promote to just below their rank.

so if your rank system is guildmaster->officers->members

and the officers rank can withdraw 25 items, ONLY the guildmaster could set someone to that rank.

Officers would only be able to set the highest rank of member in the above situation.

Unless you have an 'officer alt' rank of some sort inbetween officers->members, then officers would be able to promote to that rank and if it had same priviledges..

Actually this is only partially true.

My guild has a ledger that shows withdrawals and deposits. The GM simply set the ledger to public, your GM can do this too.

The only problem with the public ledger is that it resets when you buy a new vault - when we got our second vault the April-May ledger disappeared and the GM had to put it on our guild website since people wanted to keep track.

The best loot needs to stay in vaults that only the highest ranking members can access. We have four vaults. The highest two are reserved for the member council (elected by the guild) and the last vault is only accessible by officers (Appointed by the guild leader). Members have to be in the guild a minimum of two months to even be considered for officer. That time period gives the guild leader time to get to know the person and establish some trust.

The first thing I do when I get online is check the guild bank. I see who is depositing and who is withdrawing everyday. It is the guild leaders responsibility to do this.

I am actually surprised to see a post like this. The way the guild bank is set up gives the guild leader all he needs to ensure that the items in there are secure and that only the people he selects have access to the more valuable items (Raiding supplies). Lesson learned OP. Be more careful in the future.