Are the Sith really Evil?

Mordegrus

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay. I can only say one thing in response to this.

LULZ. :p

You're right something is definitely WRONG with you if you keep trying to murder everyone.

ROTFLMFAO

They don't necessarily want to kill everyone.

They just eliminate people who don't contribute to the society as a whole.

Or if they get in the way of the people trying to make the Galaxy a better place (Sith).

Sith evil? Nah! No matter how hard I try to be evil on my Sith Marauder I still have to break down, kiss the butt of some NPC and do his job for him...so no, Sith are not evil....they, like the Jedi are trained errand boys

Unless you are the boss of the errand boys...

You have completely missed the point of the rule of two. The rule of two was created in the first place because what was always intended was for the apprentice to take the place of the master, proving he or she was stronger than the master. What instead would happen was several apprentices would team up to take down the master, then only to have one take the position of the master, but being much weaker than the master was.

With the rule of two though, in order for the apprentice to become the master, he must surpass in power not only his own master, but the power of each master before, as the current master is going to be more powerful than all before. This fact is why Darth Sidious was the most powerful Sith to ever exist up to that point, he had to surpass the power of every master before himself in order to kill his own. This ensures that the Sith continue to grow more powerful rather than grow weaker, as they did when apprentices would unite to take down their master.

The rule of two is Darwinism at it's best.

Darth Sidious was the most powerful Sith, yes - BUT HE WAS PURE BLOODY EVIL.

Darth Sidious was the most powerful Sith, yes - BUT HE WAS PURE BLOODY EVIL.

According to the Jedi, and most of the citizens.

Like I said before, evil and good is all based on perspective.

If you take a larger view of Palpatine, you will see that he brought stability and order to the Galaxy that the Republic couldn't even do.

If you take a larger view of Palpatine, you will see that he brought stability and order to the Galaxy that the Republic couldn't even do.

He. Created. New. Lifeforms. For. The. Pleasure. Of. Slowly. Torturing. Them. To. Death.

That's like genetically engineering a new type of animal (half-dog half-cat) so you can light it on fire and throw it off a skyscraper. That is WAY on the other side of the line "between good and evil."

He. Created. New. Lifeforms. For. The. Pleasure. Of. Slowly. Torturing. Them. To. Death.

That's like genetically engineering a new type of animal (half-dog half-cat) so you can light it on fire and throw it off a skyscraper. That is WAY on the other side of the line "between good and evil."

Kids like doing that.

They love digging for worms, or bugs, and afterwards crushing them, or ripping the, to shreads.

Are kids evil?

(don't let personal feelings toward children affect your answer, if you are a parent:))

Kids like doing that.

They love digging for worms, or bugs, and afterwards crushing them, or ripping the, to shreads.

Are kids evil?

(don't let personal feelings toward children affect your answer, if you are a parent:))

That's because kids don't know any better. A Sith has full knowledge of their own doings. The fact that they feel proud doing evil things makes them evil.

here's what mordegrus wrote in a thread he started thread name "go darkside"

mordegrus Today , 12:37 AM | #1

Everyone who loves making people suffer, come here, and post your favorite Darkside attack.

Mine?

FORCE LIGHTNING!!

just so i'm clear, you are arguing that the sith are not evil, just misunderstood, yet you clearly understand how and why the sith use the force

here's what mordegrus wrote in a thread he started thread name "go darkside"

just so i'm clear, you are arguing that the sith are not evil, just misunderstood, yet you clearly understand how and why the sith use the force

Oops...

I think I got carried away in that thread...

Yeah I swear he also killed the architect/designer of the death star in various fashions and bought him back to life again just to kill him again in a even more horrible fashion.

Edited by lokdron

Yeah I swear he also killed the architect/designer of the death star in various fashions and bought him back to life again just to kill him again in a even more horrible fashion.

Well, Palpatine is just one Sith.

Some Sith don't do that.

You can't judge a group of people by the actions of some people from the group.

Well, Palpatine is just one Sith.

Some Sith don't do that.

You can't judge a group of people by the actions of some people from the group.

You can, if the actions are commited by the majority of the group. ;) Palpatine wasnt the only sadistic sith

Edited by ElrohirEluchil

You can, if the actions are commited by the majority of the group. ;) Palpatine wasnt the only sadistic sith

So true. How many Sith do you know tried to change the galaxy through negotiations and peace and all that good stuff. Destruction seems to follow Sith like a shadow.

I don't see how a reign marked by near constant revolt that only lasted a few decades could be characterized as stable or as in bringing stability.

As for order what order. He replaced one order with another. Thats not bringing order thats replacing it. He replaced an order that had stood for thousands of years on democratic and generally equality based ideals with one that stood for racism, and personal power.

Lucas the creator has been unabashed in his characterization of his creations. Other writers may try to add in shades of grey but that cannot (and hasn't yet) changed the overall direction of the Sith.

From wikipedia

Evil is the violation of, or intent to violate, some moral code. Evil is usually seen as the dualistic opposite of good. Definitions of evil vary, as does the analysis of its root motives and causes; however, evil is commonly associated with conscious and deliberate wrongdoing, discrimination designed to harm others, humiliation of people designed to diminish their psychological well-being and dignity, destructiveness, motives of causing pain or suffering for selfish or malicious intentions, and acts of unnecessary or indiscriminate violence.[1] The philosophical question of whether morality is absolute or relative leads to questions about the nature of evil, with views falling into one of four opposed camps: moral absolutism, amoralism, moral relativism, and moral universalism.

The sith pretty much uphold evil as their moral compass.

Although the SIth can be construed as Evil, you have to admit, they're often as right on the mark as Jedi. Natural Selection has always been very Sith-like, and it's also pretty much the closest thing to the Law of Nature. :o

Plus, let's be honest, even the Gene pool needs a little Chlorine every now and then. :D

many tyrants see them self as doing good. history sees them differently though, a sith might think ruling over the galaxy with a iron choke hold, keeps the civilians in check thus makes the galaxy a better place. but 2 points on this

1) there would be no rebellion, if the galaxy was really a better place

2) the end does not justify the means.

its funny, ppl asking are the sith evil. yes yes yes. its like arguing that Mr punch is not a wife beater, and the crocodile didn't steal the sausages. if some1 had started an "is the empire evil" thread, that would have given something that is worth a good debate

But what you just posted here agrees with my point that some people, no matter how evil their actions, see themselves as the good guys. I'm not arguing about the fact that their evil, because in almost everyone's eyes they are. I'm saying THEY wont see themselves as evil. "you will find that alot of your life experiences will be based on your point of view." -Obi-wan "Ben" Kenobi