Players vs. Devs (Best of 3 WZ). Vote Now!

JayPres

Scenario:

Players and developers select their class, point allocation, and gear.

Each team consists of 4 developers / 4 players on each side.

WZ scenarios are completely random.

Stream all 3 matches and allow commentary through twitter.

Result:

Players grade (observed) developer knowledge and skill set as teammates and opponents.

Developers give LIVE feedback of their experience to the players.

Vote: (Yes/No)

Which of the developers would you like to see in the field?

Edited by JayPres

This would be pretty funny.

Have an 8 man player team consisting of DPS Powertechs, Marauders, Tankasins, and Healing Operatives. They will be limited to only those types and can play as many/as little of any of them as they like to create an 8 member team.

The developers get an 8 man team consisting of anything else that isn't those 4, whatever combo they prefer. Tank PTs, any flavor Jugg, any flavor Sage, any flavor merc, DPS Assassins, DPS Operatives, and any flavor sniper. They will make a team of 8 with any combination of those they prefer.

Since everything is working as intended, the developers should have no problems competing and winning their fair share of games with those classes. They even get more options than the players and thus should win more right?

Right?

Then after the developers get curbstomped, that same player team will play again minus one player, same combination of classes/specs as before. THIS TIME THE DEVELOPERS PICK A PLAYER AND REMOVE THEM FROM THE ENEMY TEAM, making it 8 v 7. The players all have to play the exact same spec/classes they did the first round, while the developers get to reselect any of the class/specs they were allowed to pick the first time to optimize against the exact enemy composition of 7 players in whatever combination they prefer.

Then after the developers get curbstomped...

Edited by ShadowOfVey

Except obviously the developers would all roll concOps/scrapScoundrels and stunlock everyone with their insane stunlocking and burst damage. Think of it, teams of operatives just stunlocking the players, proving that Sc/Ops are overpowered and need to be nerfed again.

Except obviously the developers would all roll concOps/scrapScoundrels and stunlock everyone with their insane stunlocking and burst damage. Think of it, teams of operatives just stunlocking the players, proving that Sc/Ops are overpowered and need to be nerfed again.

It's almost enough to make you want to unsub, isn't it?

I'd rather the devs spend their time doing something like FIXING all the bugs. Or coding rated warzones. Or something like that. Besides I would put money on the devs getting shafted by the players. The devs obviously have no clue about how PVP works.

Have an 8 man player team consisting of DPS Powertechs, Marauders, Tankasins, and Healing Operatives. They will be limited to only those types and can play as many/as little of any of them as they like to create an 8 member team.

The developers get an 8 man team consisting of anything else that isn't those 4, whatever combo they prefer. Tank PTs, any flavor Jugg, any flavor Sage, any flavor merc, DPS Assassins, DPS Operatives, and any flavor sniper. They will make a team of 8 with any combination of those they prefer.

Since everything is working as intended, the developers should have no problems competing and winning their fair share of games with those classes. They even get more options than the players and thus should win more right?

Right?

Then after the developers get curbstomped, that same player team will play again minus one player, same combination of classes/specs as before. THIS TIME THE DEVELOPERS PICK A PLAYER AND REMOVE THEM FROM THE ENEMY TEAM, making it 8 v 7. The players all have to play the exact same spec/classes they did the first round, while the developers get to reselect any of the class/specs they were allowed to pick the first time to optimize against the exact enemy composition of 7 players in whatever combination they prefer.

I do kind of agree with this haha..but I find it hilarious you post this and your sig is "its fine, l2p"

I do kind of agree with this haha..but I find it hilarious you post this and your sig is "its fine, l2p"

It's fine, l2p is the universal response to anything MMO related regardless of the validity of the comment responded to.

Got killed by heavy PT burst damage? It's fine, L2P.

Can't login due to server downtime? L2P.

Discover after a patch that your characters legs were removed and replaced with eels? L2P.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

I want Zoeller and Ohlen in on this and I'd love to see their feedback after the game(s).

These guys have thrown their own customers under the bus and sounded almost crass in the action. I want to know if they play and if they are any good.

That's 7 votes in favor.

The devs obviously have no clue about how PVP works.

This is the community's theory, but I want someone with the stones to step up and prove us wrong. You can show some fire and passion about your product and not put the players down.

What developer would you like to see step in and mix it up?

Then after this, we can have the entire team ofthe NBA Lakers face off against the 5 best basketball coaches in all of history.

derp let's see how much the coaches actually know about the game in that obviously valid test!

So I take it your vote is no?

Your analogy is flawed. You're acquiescing to the prospect that the developers are not as good or better at a game they created than the players they are supposed to support (yet run down every chance they get).

I'm saying I don't think they are good, but I want to be proven wrong.

So I take it your vote is no?

Your analogy is flawed. You're acquiescing to the prospect that the developers are not as good or better at a game they created than the players they are supposed to support (yet run down every chance they get).

I'm saying I don't think they are good, but I want to be proven wrong.

The point was that it doesn't matter if they were the best players because that's not what determines knowledge of something. A coach against a star player is the example used. One has the skill, the other would undoubtedly have the superior knowledge of the game. Pointing out that I freely believer the developers probably wouldn't win in a game doesn't make the analogy flawed since it doesn't matter.

8 players vs 8 devs. the players would hands down win.

the devs very plainly do not play their own game, and judging by a lot of them gameplay videos they are clickers and keyboard turners

oh, and id like to see gabe amantangelo, daniel erickson, james ohlen, and stephen reid. these guys are responsible for every catastrophe pvpers have had to deal with in this game, it would be fun to kick their butts around for a while

Edited by cashogy

It's fine, l2p is the universal response to anything MMO related regardless of the validity of the comment responded to.

Got killed by heavy PT burst damage? It's fine, L2P.

Can't login due to server downtime? L2P.

Discover after a patch that your characters legs were removed and replaced with eels? L2P.

lol I chuckled. It doesn't happen often on these forums, but it's always a breath of fresh air to see a fellow creature of logic and sarcasm.

Right?

This. More than anything I've agreed with previously...THIS. I would watch said match while swilling my cognac in a darkened corner of the room, laughing maniacally as the devs are smashed over and over and over again.

Sounds like a lot of fun....

Could go both ways....

Played Battlefield 2 a few years back in a company tournament in Norway.

We were the only team to beat DICE one out of 4 rounds.

We had a few good players.... (a few bought the game for the tournament....)

I was the only one at the time playing in a clan, with much experience playing torunaments in that game.

But it was fun :D

The year before playing against DICE was only for the team winning the tournament, I think they beat DICE.

They had a more or less pure clan team.

Yeah, awesome idea. It might double the PVP players on our server and reduce the queue time!

Come and play DEVs - up the numbers..... :D

Or maybe their time will be better spent sorting out transfers before this game dies due to empty worlds.

Slider

Edited by Slider-DDO

This. More than anything I've agreed with previously...THIS. I would watch said match while swilling my cognac in a darkened corner of the room, laughing maniacally as the devs are smashed over and over and over again.

I would do more or less the same....

It would be on my 46" in the living room, and I would have a nice glass with aged rum (15-23years) instead of cognac :p

I would do more or less the same....

It would be on my 46" in the living room, and I would have a nice glass with aged rum (15-23years) instead of cognac :p

I must applaud you for your choice of poison, good sir.