When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

gizbug

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BW, what do you think about kills servers?, because we have 215 servers aprox, if you go to TERA they have only 11 servers, we must have max 50 servers:24 in U.S,23 in Europe and of course 3 in australia , minium 20: 9 in U.S , 8 in Europe and of course 3 in Australia,

Please BW you need kill server only for now, if swtor gronw in the future, you can put more server but for now if you want to the people in swtor you need kills 150 servers,

example i'm the guildmaster of my guild with a guild with 275 member, only i can see 15 players connect in same time, and 30 total play swtor, i lost 240 member aprox, they are angry because we must kill servers. because if you use transfers, i want go to my guild to other server but I CANT, I cant go to other server with al my guild

Please bioware we need kills servers, Merge servers

Plese think this BW. May the Force be with you

Edited by LUCASCASADEIS

My signature pretty much covers this. I think we do need a merge, with server transfers we may see it logistics of it become easier, but they need to get on this to appease the general community.

My signature pretty much covers this. I think we do need a merge, with server transfers we may see it logistics of it become easier, but they need to get on this to appease the general community.

My signature is more accurate. EA is preventing the mergers and transfers because they're jealous and holding us back.

Server merges don´t need to happen...

DIABLO 3 IS OUT ! ( as you can see in the population drop)

1.3mil play this game

divided by 200 servers = 6k per server

but only 5% are online at any given time soooooo 300=

200 imps 100 pubs for the post part.

maybe 1/4 of those are 50's so if you're pub doing end game content you have MAYBE 25 people you can group with at any given time.

the Fat Man server FEELS healthy. There are normally around 600 pubs online and you never have to wait for q's or content, there's lots of people on each planet, it feels alive. to get this level across the board you would need to close down around 80% of the servers.

EVEN IF server transfers work PERFECTLY and there is an even distribution across ALL SERVERS (which considering BW's track record of getting things to work right is almost impossible) you would still only have 25 people to group with as a pub doing end game content. Merges need to happen and need to happen ASAP.

When will there be a SERVER MERGE?

* Hopefully never.

Because you want the game to die? It's a simple mathematical fact that the game CANNOT be balanced out to acceptable populations with server transfers. EVEN WITH transfers there are too many servers and not enough people. Unless they can get 2.5mil subs, 200+ servers is waaaaaaaaay too many.

I pity those people who are forced to transfer their characters, have to likely RENAME each and every character, and have to live in fear that their Legacy unlocks, levels, and all the stuff in their character's inventory and bays may be on the chopping block.

With all that at stake [ and thus many many subs] hopefully they do it right.

Because you want the game to die? It's a simple mathematical fact that the game CANNOT be balanced out to acceptable populations with server transfers. EVEN WITH transfers there are too many servers and not enough people. Unless they can get 2.5mil subs, 200+ servers is waaaaaaaaay too many.

*Bingo

Server merge is not necessary, free server transfer is far better in current situation. Active players on low level servers will be transferred to medium servers. That way we do not spam the recipient servers with non active players from lower servers. Low population servers will be turned into nothing more than save banks (for players who would decide to return on a later date) while most of their processing power will be added into the surviving servers.

Server merge would just waste the server data capacity and would cause problems with character and legacy names reservation for no reason.

Honestly, I believe they haven't given out a date because they don't know themselves. I have very little faith in Biowares programming development squad. They already announced upcoming content which was suppose to be rated warzones in 1.2 and that didn't turn out quite well. So, I'm guessing Bioware knows they cant afford to promulgate false information this time around and are keeping quiet. If they knew when server merges / transfers would be released, they would inform their impatient / dying fan base. Every MMO in the past decade had to do server transfers during the beginning of the game. WHY bioware didn't already have this coded is beyond me.

What I really cannot understand is why they can;t give us a freaking direct answers like SOME other mmo's do give.

All we want to know if there will be servers merges, that all we need to know. we don;t give a **** about character transfer or what not.

so please bio-ware for the sake of this bloody game just give US A FREAKING DIRECT ANSWER TO WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU AS YOUR PAYING COSTUMERS ....

Edited by demoncookie

What I really cannot understand is why they can;t give us a freaking direct answers like SOME other mmo's.

All we want to know if there will be servers merges, that all we need to know. we don;t give a **** about character transfer or what not.

so please bio-ware for the sake of this bloody game just give US A FREAKING DIRECT ANSWER TO WHAT WE ARE ASKING YOU AS YOUR PAYING COSTUMERS ....

Obviously your not paying enough, for them to answer you.

* Could I interest you in a 6 month subscription plan?

Hence the reason i never buy 6 month (only mmo i only pay that much for in eve online) because they know when they **** up and can actually admit to it unlike these clowns ...)

Edited by demoncookie

Server merge is not necessary, free server transfer is far better in current situation. Active players on low level servers will be transferred to medium servers. That way we do not spam the recipient servers with non active players from lower servers. Low population servers will be turned into nothing more than save banks (for players who would decide to return on a later date) while most of their processing power will be added into the surviving servers.

Server merge would just waste the server data capacity and would cause problems with character and legacy names reservation for no reason.

Is your "how to fix population" solution really to complete ruin dozens if not scores of servers to bring mid up to high? Really? Your solution is to completely ruin dozens of servers? Besides that's not how server transfers are going to work lol. It's not going from low to mid, it's going from high to low. On the previous page I pointed out with math why this isn't going to work anyway: there are still far too many servers and not enough people on them. You have no idea what you're talking about here and are just spouting nonsense.

I Paid for 6 months... I'd like an answer :)

My server seemed to have a sustaining PvP group where we'd always play each other but with Diablo 3... it's now taking forever to get into a warzone :( If I can't get in to the content I like, I won't renew... it's pretty simple and with no information flowing to the consumer, my sloooooooooooooooow tolerance for giving EA/BW the benefit of time to fix this issues is slooowwwwwwwwwwwwwly wearing thin and I can't really defend lack of communication. :p

noone in there right mind is going to leave a high pop server for a low pop dead server. also they wont give us a specific date because it is probly something like 2-3 months as pissed off as everyone is that makes more sense to keep it a secret because in our minds it could be tomarrow! see what they are doing it really is sad.

I pity those people who are forced to transfer their characters, have to likely RENAME each and every character, and have to live in fear that their Legacy unlocks, levels, and all the stuff in their character's inventory and bays may be on the chopping block.

With all that at stake [ and thus many many subs] hopefully they do it right.

if that does happen then i will not sub to this gam,e. might as well start another char from scratch. ppl bought the collectors editions and so on so they can pick their char names firsdt

Hi Bioware -

The game right now is too boring for me to play. This is because there are not enough people on my server to support Warzones, PuG Operations, or even PuG Hard Mode Flashpoints. (I play on Anchorhead.) My subscription expires on June 18th. That means that, realistically, you need to merge my server with another server by June 11th, to give me time to see that the game is actually fun, or else I will cancel my subscription. I want you to understand in advance that it's your intransigence and opacity with respect to server mergers that is causing me to cancel my subscription on June 16th or so.

I am going to unsub when I get home because there are not enough people on my server to do:

Ops

Wz

Hm flash points even

At peak maybe there is 1 wz going from 5pm to 9pm but thats when I am not online.

Re rolling is not an option after investing 20 days of played time into 1 character who just hit 80 valor

Is your "how to fix population" solution really to complete ruin dozens if not scores of servers to bring mid up to high? Really? Your solution is to completely ruin dozens of servers? Besides that's not how server transfers are going to work lol. It's not going from low to mid, it's going from high to low. On the previous page I pointed out with math why this isn't going to work anyway: there are still far too many servers and not enough people on them. You have no idea what you're talking about here and are just spouting nonsense.

"High -> Low" is not going to work. You know it, I know it and EA/Bioware knows it too. That is exactly why they are NOT going to implement this version. Removing players from the last working servers is not gonna solve anything. Low populated servers are effectively dead and on Med servers, there is a problem finding group for pretty much anything (FPs, Ops, WZs, group quests... you name it). Tell me what kind of idiot would move from High populated server when he knows this fact. Bioware said they will do Free transfer, not Forced transfer.

Only other possibilities are:

1) "Low and MId -> High", which would completely overwhelm the server capacity (with the current engine, there is not way for the servers to withstand this load). While this solution would be popular for players, is not technically viable.

2) "Low -> Mid" which would switch Mid servers to High (since current High servers do not have any population problem anyway - queues etc., there is no reason why to change them). Every sane active player would move and inactive ones would be only stored on the data-drives (for the possibility of their transfer in the future). Processing power of the Low servers could then be distributed among the remaining servers. You, yourself, know that this is the only version that has any potential of success. Yes, this is going to effectively kill dozens of low populated servers, but the number of servers MUST be reduced anyways. There is no way how to accommodate 1.3 million players on the number of servers that is designed to support 2.5 million without sacrificing the population density.

As for this part:

Besides that's not how server transfers are going to work lol.

How do you know that it is not going to work like this? Bioware did not release any statement about the way, how the free transfer is going to proceed...

As for the:

You have no idea what you're talking about here and are just spouting nonsense.

Please, do not exasperate yourself. There is no reason why not to keep this discussion civil.

Edited by Jedlosson

"High -> Low" is not going to work. You know it, I know it and EA/Bioware knows it too. That is exactly why they are NOT going to implement this version. Removing players from the last working servers is not gonna solve anything. Low populated servers are effectively dead and on Med servers, there is a problem finding group for pretty much anything (FPs, Ops, WZs, group quests... you name it). Tell me what kind of idiot would move from High populated server when he knows this fact. Bioware said they will do Free transfer, not Forced transfer.

Only other possibilities are:

1) "Low and MId -> High", which would completely overwhelm the server capacity (with the current engine, there is not way for the servers to withstand this load). While this solution would be popular for players, is not technically viable.

2) "Low -> Mid" which would switch Mid servers to High (since current High servers do not have any population problem anyway - queues etc., there is no reason why to change them). Every sane active player would move and inactive ones would be only stored on the data-drives (for the possibility of their transfer in the future). Processing power of the Low servers could then be distributed among the remaining servers. You, yourself, know that this is the only version that has any potential of success. Yes, this is going to effectively kill dozens of low populated servers, but the number of servers MUST be reduced anyways. There is no way how to accommodate 1.3 million players on the number of servers that is designed to support 2.5 million without sacrificing the population density.

As for this part:

How do you know that it is not going to work like this? Bioware did not release any statement about the way, how the free transfer is going to proceed...

As for the:

Please, do not exasperate yourself. There is no reason why not to keep this discussion civil.

Excellent post and right on I think. However..there are not 1.3 million players now I donot think. Even 500k would be pushing it.

Merge the servers.

And you better do it soon rather than play a "wait and see" game and do it after you lose too many more subs. Several other MMOs, like EQ and Warhammer, made the same mistake and waited too long to merge servers because their subscription statistics weren't telling them the same story their players were. The result was they lost far more subscriptions than they would have had they merged servers sooner. You're hearing it from your players on numerous servers, and mine is no exception. My server (Vrook Lamar) is dead and it only continues to decline as more and more players get tired of waiting 30 minutes to an hour for a WZ to pop, or who can't find any groups to do FPs, and who just aren't bothering to log in anymore until their subs expire.

Merge the servers. Now.