Can SWTOR be Saved ?

pilotjosh

Maybe Bioware has a goal and they are the developers, not you, not me. Just because "you" want something doesn't mean "you" should always get it.

Uh huh...I'm sure they do have a goal...but I highly doubt their goal is to run most of the 1.3million subscribers off.

And "if" they have a goal, they could treat us like customers and TELL US!

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh huh...I'm sure they do have a goal...but I highly doubt their goal is to run most of the 1.3million subscribers off.

And "if" they have a goal, they could treat us like customers and TELL US!

Oh excuse me but I'm not one that is raging at them. Do you honestly think throwing a temper tantrum on a public forum is going to get you noticed? Think again

Logic is knowing that a same server lfg tool will not work because it has not worked in any games before that were far more suited to a same server lfg tool than this game is.

Name one other successful game outside of WoW that has tried to copy what WoW did and has not failed.

Oh excuse me but I'm not one that is raging at them. Do you honestly think throwing a temper tantrum on a public forum is going to get you noticed? Think again

Correct. You're not raging, but you are the one throwing the tantrum. Just because it's aimed at me or us, doesn't make it any less of a tantrum.

And nope! I don't think (m)any of our posts do any good at all, which is why I don't start many. I think Bioware only knows one language - $. Speak $ to them and they may listen.

Name one other successful game outside of WoW that has tried to copy what WoW did and has not failed.

Which is why when they said they were copying WoW in design and game play, it was a little dubious to include some features (very few), but not all; and to think that those who are used to WoW wouldn't miss all the things they have become accustom to.

I think your blind allegiance to all things BW is a little short sighted (if this is not the case, you certainly come across that way). They are human, they make mistakes. Everything they touch does not turn to gold. They have made mistakes, you have to admit that. Will they continue to make them, or will they right the ship and keep the passengers on board or dump them overboard?

Edited by Meldwyn

How long do you think I should be giving MY money to EAware? and not expect them to fix anything? What would be a reasonable time?? 2 months? 3? possibly 4? maybe 6? If you can't fix major bugs (the ones reported most) in 6 months then there is something serrously wrong. doesn't matter how much patience!

Understand something about life. Your $15 dollars a month amounts to $180 a year. people do not understand the complexity of the coding and the COST of working on a game like this. Have a little perspectve. EA and Bioware both want this game to succeed! They would love to be Blizzard Ent and be collecting 15 a month from 10 MILLION people. They ARE trying to fix the issues! They ARE trying to do it the fastest way possible! They ARE trying to make sure that any changes they make fix the problems without causing any more issues.

Do you or any of the other WHINERS honestly believe that it is easy to take 1.25 MILLION accounts and transfer them and all their characters, items, and legacy data with little to no preparation?!

They have told people when the changes are coming. They have admitted the issue. You have to WAIT until they can do what they need to do!

No one wants this game to succeed more than BW and EA. Stop being so selfish.

Which is why when they said they were copying WoW in design and game play, it was a little dubious to do some, but not all and to think that those who are used to WoW wouldn't miss all the things they have become accustom to.

I think your blind allegiance to all things BW is a little short sighted (if this is not the case, you certainly come across that way). They are human, they make mistakes. Everything they touch does not turn to gold. They have made mistakes, you have to admit that. Will they continue to make them, or will they right the ship and keep the passengers on board or dump them overboard?

They never stated which design of WoW they were copying did they? If anything they have created an even better version of vanilla WoW which, to me, is the goal they set out to achieve and this is where other companies have failed, by copying WoW in it's present state.

Maybe Bioware has a goal and they are the developers, not you, not me. Just because "you" want something doesn't mean "you" should always get it.

Yes, subscriptions are nosediving because Bioware's goal is what the majority of the people playing SW:ToR want from the game.

Servers are dead because Bioware's plan is being executed to perfection.

None of us could possibly provide any ideas for improving this game for anyone other than ourselves because Bioware has already perfected it.

Am I getting warmer as I go?

What does that have to do with the failure of same server lfg tool? games have tried same server tools then they move on cross server when they fail (usualy too late). And instead of just doing what works bioware has decided to follow that same path.

Id really love to hear your logic behind why you think a same server lfg tool will magicaly work in swtor even though it has things like 4 man groups and tiny server population caps that make it even less likely to work.

Yes, subscriptions are nosediving because Bioware's goal is what the majority of the people playing SW:ToR want from the game.

Servers are dead because Bioware's plan is being executed to perfection.

None of us could possibly provide any ideas for improving this game for anyone other than ourselves because Bioware has already perfected it.

Am I getting warmer as I go?

You aren't providing ideas. You are providing wants.

Correct. You're not raging, but you are the one throwing the tantrum. Just because it's aimed at me or us, doesn't make it any less of a tantrum.

And nope! I don't think (m)any of our posts do any good at all, which is why I don't start many. I think Bioware only knows one language - $. Speak $ to them and they may listen.

Well many of the ideas that are given by the users in this forum can be transformed in money if they are done right.

Understand something about life. Your $15 dollars a month amounts to $180 a year. people do not understand the complexity of the coding and the COST of working on a game like this. Have a little perspectve. EA and Bioware both want this game to succeed! They would love to be Blizzard Ent and be collecting 15 a month from 10 MILLION people. They ARE trying to fix the issues! They ARE trying to do it the fastest way possible! They ARE trying to make sure that any changes they make fix the problems without causing any more issues.

Do you or any of the other WHINERS honestly believe that it is easy to take 1.25 MILLION accounts and transfer them and all their characters, items, and legacy data with little to no preparation?!

They have told people when the changes are coming. They have admitted the issue. You have to WAIT until they can do what they need to do!

Fundamentally, you are right. They certainly want to succeed and correct any and all short comings and mistakes... yesterday. They are certainly working on things as we type. The problem lies in IF they have the capability to do so. Can they fix things? Can they add content in a reasonable amount of time? Can their engine handle certain features? Can they do everything they and we want them to do? These are valid questions given their track record to date (i.e. Illum, rated warzones, OP bugs, etc..). There in lies the rub.

What is the likelihood of them getting to the place where they are growing their customer base and pumping out content and features that everyone enjoys in reasonable time periods? What faith do you have? What faith to I have in this?

Would you be happy with this product 6 months from now, as is?

What does that have to do with the failure of same server lfg tool? games have tried same server tools then they move on cross server when they fail (usualy too late). And instead of just doing what works bioware has decided to follow that same path.

Id really love to hear your logic behind why you think a same server lfg tool will magicaly work in swtor even though it has things like 4 man groups and tiny server population caps that make it even less likely to work.

Because, this is what a lot of players have been waiting for. The roots of MMORPG's. Not the waterd down version of basic online gaming

I believe that any gaming company today, even Bioware, had better sure as hell have the tools in place to transfer players on LAUNCH day. This isn't the 2nd MMO to ever launch. The drastic decline in subs isn't unexpected. Empty/dying servers aren't unique to SWTOR. NOT having these in place UPON launch is simply negligence.

We have not been told when, we've been given a time frame. Back on January 4th I was told I could emote from my vehicle too...tried it again last night figuring a server reset might fix it...it didn't and I still can't.

I do not believe that expecting a certain level of quality and value for my $, should get me labeled as selfish.

Do you honestly believe that they have to move every single account all at once? Do you honestly believe they've had "little to no preperation" for a problem that should have been addressed BEFORE THE GAME LAUNCHED? Do you really think that it's outside of the realm of possibility for a population drop to occur in this game when it has occurred in every other mmo every released within the first year?

They have indeed told people when changes are coming, they have indeed admitted that there is an issue, but there is absolutely NOTHING that is preventing me from simply walking away when my free month is up. I *DO NOT* have to wait for a damn thing simply because you're willing to sit around twiddling your thumbs until server xfers arrive, and I certainly don't have to keep quiet about it either.

It could be true that nobody wants this game to succeed more than BW and EA, but the fact remains that the game *ISNT* succeeding and the path they are taking with it is obviously not going as well as they anticipated.

Edited by Celebrus

Saved from what??

If they bring a decent expansion which sounds promising, they could win 500.000 subs back within the month.

Easily.

Will BW save itself by making the right decisions? Hire game designers who have a clue how to make a Star Wars game fun and innovative? Trash this pathetic concept of a WoW clone and reboot the game as something better?

Unlikely.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

They never stated which design of WoW they were copying did they? If anything they have created an even better version of vanilla WoW which, to me, is the goal they set out to achieve and this is where other companies have failed, by copying WoW in it's present state.

Which is interesting, because that was not the time period where Blizzard experienced the most growth or highest player base. Why copy the beginning of something when its apex was much later in its development and included so many more features and content?

Which is interesting, because that was not the time period where Blizzard experienced the most growth or highest player base. Why copy the beginning of something when its apex was much later in its development and included so many more features and content?

Because they didn't have some bright idea in creating a wow clone that would succeed where others failed, they simply did what they could with what they had.

It's astounding that a budget of this size resulted in a carbon copy of a game from 6+ years ago.

Such much negativity splashed all over the forum.

So here is my take on SWTOR being "saved"?

From my perspective its not in trouble. My server is alive and well, nowhere near dying. Never had any loading issues, the only glitch I've had was a sound issue for a couple hours . . . .will that make me unsub?? Uh . . . no.

I'm having a blast in PVP and queuing with guildies. I join groups for flash points consistently. I'm enjoying the gear grind in my mid level adventuring. I like the story, the lore, the battle system, and the community for the most part. I'm banking on the GTN with crafting items. Saved????? From my own selfish gaming perspective it was never in trouble to begin with.

I only read the first couple posts and skipped to the end because frankly I keep hearing the same dribble over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Ok . . . I gotta get back to work.

Such much negativity splashed all over the forum.

So here is my take on SWTOR being "saved"?

From my perspective its not in trouble. My server is alive and well, nowhere near dying. Never had any loading issues, the only glitch I've had was a sound issue for a couple hours . . . .will that make me unsub?? Uh . . . no.

I'm having a blast in PVP and queuing with guildies. I join groups for flash points consistently. I'm enjoying the gear grind in my mid level adventuring. I like the story, the lore, the battle system, and the community for the most part. I'm banking on the GTN with crafting items. Saved????? From my own selfish gaming perspective it was never in trouble to begin with.

I only read the first couple posts and skipped to the end because frankly I keep hearing the same dribble over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Ok . . . I gotta get back to work.

Look at this person's post. Read it in it's entirety.

Then look at their sig.

This person is a representation of the MAJORITY of people that are SATISFIED with this game.

He doesn't even have a character above level 30. You cannot even comment on most of what this game has to offer, yet we are the ones that are repeating useless "dribble".....

Edited by Celebrus

LOL so youre saying they tried to beat wow with vanilla wow? Maybe someone will release a copy of the iphone 1 to beat the iphone4. Im usre theyll do great!

Vanilla wow is all that is bad about wow, vanilla wow is when wow destroyed the mmo genre dumbing it down for the masses and removing all risk from the game.

Everything swtor has left out of their game is what made wow bearable, and what grew and retained their player base.

If you are right and bioware actualy tried to beat wow with vanilla wow in space and they dont realize their mistake yet, this game is 100% doomed.

i love how people think that their experiences are shared by everyone else in exactly the same way. Your swtor experience is largely defined by which server you are on. I'm now on one of the aussie servers...result is 2 instances of fleet because it's so busy. No shortage of people for flashpoints, heroics and other stuff..we even have people pugging the ops for hm and nightmare. In short, it's probably the ideal situation for bioware and one which in an ideal world, exactly how they envisaged the game experience to be.

It's obviously not replicated like that on all the other severs. To be honest, i really don't understand why those people who are going overboard in their criticism about dead servers just do not roll on a busy one. There is enough data out there now to know which are the main servers and if you've been playing on a dead server, your character is unlikely to be geared to the max, so you're not really losing much by just creating another toon. It doesn't take long to level and i already have 2 50's a 42 and now levelling a trooper who in the space of one evening i got to level 10....

Is it an ideal situation? No..but creating another character is probably preferable than whining and waiitng until the summer for transfers.

exactly right!

Because, this is what a lot of players have been waiting for. The roots of MMORPG's. Not the waterd down version of basic online gaming

If vanilla wow is the "roots of mmorpgs" to you, then you have never played an actual mmorpg.

And swtor sub numbers are calling, theyre saying you dont know *** youre talking about.

the way i interpret your post: Its what i WANT! and i think i am the majority. News flash, youre not even close to the majority.

Edited by Mallorik

Do you honestly believe that they have to move every single account all at once? Do you honestly believe they've had "little to no preperation" for a problem that should have been addressed BEFORE THE GAME LAUNCHED? Do you really think that it's outside of the realm of possibility for a population drop to occur in this game when it has occurred in every other mmo every released within the first year?

They have indeed told people when changes are coming, they have indeed admitted that there is an issue, but there is absolutely NOTHING that is preventing me from simply walking away when my free month is up. I *DO NOT* have to wait for a damn thing simply because you're willing to sit around twiddling your thumbs until server xfers arrive, and I certainly don't have to keep quiet about it either.

It could be true that nobody wants this game to succeed more than BW and EA, but the fact remains that the game *ISNT* succeeding and the path they are taking with it is obviously not going as well as they anticipated.

If the $180 a year is such a grip for you that you DEMAND immediate fixes to every one of YOUR problems or it isnt worth your money than you probably should not be playing.

I suppose they could have just kept moving the release date back and back and back and back until they came out with Star Wars: The Mists of Old Republica" and were able to impliment everything that WoW offers, and lets be honest, thats what we are comparing it to. How about this, give the game 6 or 7 years and see if you have a product that you are happy with. This is after all the very opportunity that Blizzard was given. It has been mentioned, that WoW hit a million subs after being a out for a full year.

Basic math means that 250,000 more people are playing ToR after 6 months, than Blizzard had after a year.

Patince>Selfishness