Crafting is broken: Excessive blue materials.

LeThren

Hello. I am running artifice with treasury hunting and archaeology. Here are the tier 1 mats I have stockpiled so far:

32 rubat crystal

134 fire node

2 wind crystal

22 lost artifact fragment

25 fibrous nylite solution

Here are the tier 2 mats:

18 nextor crystal

133 eralam crystal

132 marilite

2 chrysopaz

23 sacred artifact fragment

36 thermoionic gel suspension

As you can see, the amount of blue materials is horribly excessive, and the only way to get rid of them while making a profit is making colour crystals, and that is only possibly because of the lack of sellers currently. The epic versions need to cost 4 of the blue materials.

Are you not supposed to collect resources ingame aswell? This would count for alot more greens... And if you combine this with disasemble you will still not get all the recipies you want. On a final note the amount of blues used are increased as you reach end tier, because you then mainly construct blue equipment.

Also, If disassemble stuff and get blue recipies you will use alot more blue stuff with it aswell...

Edited by Tifadore

How could yo come to the conclusion that it is broken. The game has only been going for a few days. The market isn't going yet and recipes are not out in force yet.

Things have not been going for long enough to let them play out and see the results. Not enough data yet to support your hypothesis that the system is broken.

Are you not supposed to collect resources ingame aswell? This would count for alot more greens... And if you combine this with disasemble you will still not get all the recipies you want. On a final note the amount of blues used are increased as you reach end tier, because you then mainly construct blue equipment.

Also, If disassemble stuff and get blue recipies you will use alot more blue stuff with it aswell...

Of course I am collecting resources in-game. I'm just not using the Eralam crystals because they are basically useless.

Also, I have completed the 2nd tier of artifice, the excess blue materials are just from trying to make epics. Like I said, the issue is that the epic recipes does NOT use the blue materials, thus leading to a huge excess in them.

How could yo come to the conclusion that it is broken. The game has only been going for a few days. The market isn't going yet and recipes are not out in force yet.

Things have not been going for long enough to let them play out and see the results. Not enough data yet to support your hypothesis that the system is broken.

It's only not apparent that the system is broking, because the game is so young. Trust me, it will be a matter of time before the market is flooded with blue materials. This is because wheter the market is going and recipes are out in force is of no importance to the ratio between blue and epic materials from mission skills.

So the longer it stays like this, the bigger the price division between blue and epic will be, and that's just simple logic.

I think the problem he's displaying is that there aren't enough purples. Blues can come in handy, but when you run a material mission, ideally you'll get purples. I would agree that based on that data, he should probably be getting half as many blues and four times as many purples, if not more, from that sample size.

I think the problem he's displaying is that there aren't enough purples. Blues can come in handy, but when you run a material mission, ideally you'll get purples. I would agree that based on that data, he should probably be getting half as many blues and four times as many purples, if not more, from that sample size.

Even so, the problem with the ratio is secondary, but the primary problem is that the purple versions of recipes do not (at least at lower levels) use the blue materials.

I'm actually getting a decent ammount of purples, already made 5 epic biochem items.

With biochem at 183, bioanalyse at 170 odd, and diplomacy under 100.

Problem is not the amount of purples you get, it's that blues are not used in purple recipes.

Also doesn't help that Bioware decided it was a good idea to add the blue version of augments as quest rewards.

I have to agree. The natural crit rate for mission skills needs to be increased. The epic crafts are the ones people will buy because they last long enough to be worth it while blues get replaced quicker. Which make the blue materials even more useless other than to learn the epic crafts from re-engineering.

^^^^^^^

This

Part of the problem is that people aren't paying attention to their companions' crew skill bonuses. I've had no problem with mine, as I use Vette for all my Treasure Hunting. Unfortunately I have no one with a bonus Archaeology skill just yet, so I'm breaking even there.

Still, those missions are yielding pretty much exactly what I need when considering the bonuses needed for them.

Way I see it, purple materials should drop close to 1:10 ratio to blues, maybe less.

Before you start to rage, let me explain:

I assumed that reverse engineering an item has 10% to give schematic. So for each set of purples required to make single item, you should've spent 10 times as many blues. Add to this blue gear that you sell or just make to use but don't upgrade to artifact, and you use 10-15 blue materials for each purple one.

So 2:130 is quite few, but then again using proper companion or epic mission from slicing should increase odds. We should wait and see, few weeks after launch is earliest anyone can speculate if drop rate(even if that term don't exactly fit hete) is too low, after checking GTN.

Where did you find the "Wind Crystal".. can't find 'em.. :(

Hello. I am running artifice with treasury hunting and archaeology. Here are the tier 1 mats I have stockpiled so far:

32 rubat crystal

134 fire node

2 wind crystal

22 lost artifact fragment

25 fibrous nylite solution

Here are the tier 2 mats:

18 nextor crystal

133 eralam crystal

132 marilite

2 chrysopaz

23 sacred artifact fragment

36 thermoionic gel suspension

As you can see, the amount of blue materials is horribly excessive, and the only way to get rid of them while making a profit is making colour crystals, and that is only possibly because of the lack of sellers currently. The epic versions need to cost 4 of the blue materials.

Problem is not the amount of purples you get, it's that blues are not used in purple recipes.

Also doesn't help that Bioware decided it was a good idea to add the blue version of augments as quest rewards.

Thats the most annoying thing....Especially for making break even money as a crafter. Why purchase upgrades off the "ah", if it takes just a few commendations to get the exact same upgrade? I've stopped crafting, and debating dropping it all together as I can just go into slicing and make all the cash I would need. I understand time sinks, and skilling up usually is not profitable....Its even worse when I see the exact same item for sell by vendors for so little vs what it took me to get crafting skill up to lvl to make said item