Why people complain they want LFG tool?

seektravota

Join a guild!

as simple as that

Hey, I agree. I run Dungeons with my friends and Guildies on WoW all the time. But we don't always have a full party. It takes the LFD there a minute or two to find the extra(s) we need. In TOR, the same problem exists. Of course people will group up with their friends and Guildies first but if they're missing just one person - it's Spam The Channel time and it's anyones guess as to how long it will take to find that extra.

Join a guild!

as simple as that

No. I don't like feeling like I HAVE to go help a guildie. Or the constant spamming for credits/goods. LOL, when I was in a guild....

So I had a level 20 orange lightsaber I wasn't going to use. I offered it up in guild chat. 2 people said they would take it. So I had them do /roll. The loser was whining because it was unfair I chose somebody else to get it.... A free item that I didn't have to give away. It was about 10 minutes in guild chat about this guy whining and everyone else telling him to shut up.

I think that was when I decided playing nice in a guild is not for me. I am certain it is great for others. But not for me. The constant "hey, drop whatever you have planned and join us on X planet for this event!"

I want the LFG tool so that I can play a FP when I want to play it. Very selfish of me, I know. But I don't want all that drama ever again.

Not really a good answer. They want it because they don't know anything else. I mean, having trouble getting 3 other players to join you? C'mon, maybe stop trolling in the channels and people would stop putting you on ignore

Or you could use the Who tab....I mean it pretty much is a LFG tool.

The second I log in, I update my LFG comment. I have NEVER gotten a hit off of it. Everytime I see somebody spamming general, I try to tell them to use the LFG comment. (a few times, I was looking for the same fp, and if they used it, they would have seen my name....) They absolutely refuse to use it, because it is not a true tool...

The second I log in, I update my LFG comment. I have NEVER gotten a hit off of it. Everytime I see somebody spamming general, I try to tell them to use the LFG comment. (a few times, I was looking for the same fp, and if they used it, they would have seen my name....) They absolutely refuse to use it, because it is not a true tool...

Weither they admit it or not, it is a tool to use to find groups for things. So it is a LFG tool.

Weither they admit it or not, it is a tool to use to find groups for things. So it is a LFG tool.

Exaclty but everyone is under the assumption that it must auto-form the group for you and that going outside the box of automation is pure evil

Exaclty but everyone is under the assumption that it must auto-form the group for you and that going outside the box of automation is pure evil

....Really?....Its not that hard to use.

1. Open tab, flag as LFG

2. Wait till others contact, or you see them flag.

3. Form group

4. ???

5. Profit

It wouldn't take long to form groups, if more people used it then people wouldn't be clamoring for another LFG tool.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

It isn't much of a tool if you have to manually go through the /who list and message each person to see if they want to group. It's only marginally better than asking in general. No one uses it because it isn't automated and therefore time consuming.

Also, what if the only 4 people on it are all DPS ? An automated tool saves you the the hassle of forming a decent group setup .

Edited by Cordelia

....Really?....Its not that hard to use.

1. Open tab, flag as LFG

2. Wait till others contact, or you see them flag.

3. Form group

4. ???

5. Profit

It wouldn't take long to form groups, if more people used it then people wouldn't be clamoring for another LFG tool.

The number 2 on your list is where the snag is.

Join a guild!

as simple as that

Finding a guild that suits each persons playstyle can be difficult. I have no interest in grouping with the vast majority of teenagers. Most of them are loud, obnoxious, drama oriented, and self important. I'm lucky in that I have a guild of several guys and gals I've been friends with in real life for almost 20 years plus some other great folks. We game together outside of WoW too, lots are planning on grouping up for D3, we play ME3 multiplayer, BF3, and already have plans to have a Sins of the Solar Empire campaign when the next one comes out in a month or so. Not everyone is so fortunate. Also, many adults can't commit to a set raid schedule. Providing them an option to participate in operations and quickly get flashpoints is a good thing, not a bad thing. But then again, you demonstrate many characteristics common in teens that I mentioned above so I'm not surprised you don't understand why some people want a LFG feature.

Also, what if the only 4 people on it are all DPS ? An automated tool saves you the the hassle of forming a decent group setup .

That's the best part. You can add a comment right beside your name with you class and spec, also for what FP/Ops you want to run. Fricking amazing. I think I might actually make a short guide on how to use an LFG tool.

The number 2 on your list is where the snag is.

Not really if said person flags themselves looking for the same thing as you, you should just send them an invite. If they have question as to why they are getting invited, they just need to look at the tab and see there is another wanting to the same thing therefore theres no reason why they shouldn't accept.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Searching for "lfg" in the who window does not work. And it's been broken for quite some time. Making it even more of a steaming pile of crap than it was at launch.

So you're supposed to search who for corellia, black hole, the pit, fury, belsavis, etc, looking for people with the LFG flag turned on. And then repeat that every minute or so until your group is formed.

It is one way to help form groups, sure. And I do wish more people would use their LFG flag (and I wish search actually worked, apparently text search is extremely complex and brittle in the Star Wars universe). But even if it did work flawlessly, it still only one tool. Other good ideas from other games should not be shunned because you have a self-righteous elitist stick up your arse.

Edited by Amuntet

Not really if said person flags themselves looking for the same thing as you, you should just send them an invite. If they have question as to why they are getting invited, they just need to look at the tab and see there is another wanting to the same thing therefore theres no reason why they shouldn't accept.

The problem is this - you're relying on too much.

You're relying on people to Flag themselves. You're relying on people to look for other flagged players. You're relying on players who want to run the same FP as you. You're relying on players who WANT to group up. You're relying on peak server times. Finally, you're relying on server popluation.

You act like the problem is people don't know how to use this tool. That's not the case. The problem is that the pool of players, required to run any FP at any givin time, does not exist.

"Join a guild" or "use the existing LFG tool" doesn't work on dead servers. I've been in multiple guilds that died on dead servers. I've rerolled - twice - onto standard servers that are now graveyards. You cannot make groups with people that aren't there.

Now that I rerolled (for the third time) on the Fatman, I'm not having these issues. However, your overly simplistic and ignorant "suggestion" shows that you do not understand WHY people want these tools - lack of people on their server.

This isn't even taking into account whether or not there's a guild someone would actually want to be a part of.

Shhh, logic is not allowed

You wouldnt know logic if it slapped you across the face.

These are the briliant minds that think its out of the question and game breaking to try to let the majority of a games player base see and use the content the designers made for them without having to spend most of their time they have to play to do it.

They cant even give coherant , logical or factual reasons for their crusade, they just know its wrong in their guts.

Edited by Mallorik

You do realize that computer you're using right now is a Box of automation right?

You wouldnt know logic if it slapped you across the face.

These are the briliant minds that think its out of the question and game breaking to try to let the majority of a games player base see and use the content the designers made for them without having to spend most of their time they have to play to do it.

They cant even give coherant , logical or factual reasons for their crusade, they just know its wrong in their guts.

Guess timesinks aren't for you. Good luck in your next endeavor