PVP on Fatman Server

maooo

I think empire side on fatman server needs a balance. How can we lose 23 matches in a row?

In fact I think a solution would be separate premades and pugs.

Solo Q should be more balanced, repub side is way to strong cause its easy to gear yourself on strong pvp items. For this I think they should separate by valor and gear (gear should have some scoring points system so you know that if you are geared on recruit youll be against recruit players or less geared players and so on).

Empire side should have some kind of buff when you have so many matches lost or repub side.

Lets keep a balanced pvp system for new lvl 50 players cause pvp end game needs a big improvement.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the fatman is the largest pvp server, by far. because of that, the number of bad players is significantly larger than anywhere else.

trust me, i feel your pain. the majority of the time im in warzones i feel like the players on my team do more to make us lose than the other team.

You must of ran into Izola and his premade. Im sorry.

But just relax if you get a <FIGHT> premade it should be an easy win :)

P.S. Nerf Malkanesh, Kiilei and Swidgen, they carry me like whoa!

you must of ran into izola and his premade. Im sorry.

But just relax if you get a <fight> premade it should be an easy win :)

p.s. Nerf malkanesh, kiilei and swidgen, they carry me like whoa!

lol :D

Edited by BigSkill

You must of ran into Izola and his premade. Im sorry.

But just relax if you get a <FIGHT> premade it should be an easy win :)

P.S. Nerf Malkanesh, Kiilei and Swidgen, they carry me like whoa!

I do not know this man!

he does NOT speak 4 me.

That said Imp side have two f the top PVP guilds STS & Wookie....

(Opinion)

Edited by Swidgin

fyi the same thing your experiencing is true on my server only its IMPERIAL that dominates. To them that put in the work thats find but playing with 2-3 hrs of losses is not fun and has caused me to not log in but once or twice a week instead of daily. I have over 1200 expertise and all BM and war hero weapon so far.

What do i expect them to do about it ? cross server matching and server balancing.

Rated is just going to be the high end players getting high rated quickly and due to most games matching system and exploits we shall end up fighting alot of unbeatable teams.

unfortunately it was more enjoyable doing tokens and bags i hate to say for i had ALOT of high hopes for 1.2

and since the bland nature of the grind for war hero coupled with the fact that republic gear is very goofy looking makes me post in hopes of sharing with the fact that the game becomes unenjoyable in n its current state

Hold on, so the system isnt even looking to match premades against other premades? I was under the impression that the system loooked for compatible groups first, let's say the first 2 minutes, and then, as a last resort, just matched people randomely. It's bad if it's just matching randomely but it's probably even worse if not even the Fatman can match premades against eachother if there's such a function in the system. The latter would mean that not even the most active server in the game has the population to support healthy warzones.

I think empire side on fatman server needs a balance. How can we lose 23 matches in a row?

Solo Q should be more balanced, repub side is way to strong cause its easy to gear yourself on strong pvp items. For this I think they should separate by valor and gear (gear should have some scoring points system so you know that if you are geared on recruit youll be against recruit players or less geared players and so on).

Empire side should have some kind of buff when you have so many matches lost or repub side.

Lets keep a balanced pvp system for new lvl 50 players cause pvp end game needs a big improvement.

Both factions play well, but I do think Republic plays more organized for the most part when it comes to the guilds on The Fatman.

Trust me I play both and it does seem harder to win as a Sith than it does with a Republic, I like the challenge though on Sith cause there is some great competition in the Republic.

Only a few off hand that plays well on Sith, best Sith has got is <Seal Team Sith> when it comes to organized Sith pre-mades.

Fight, Vertigo, Population Control to name a few on Republic that plays very well.

Balance is up to people to get it together, guess we will see who else can raise up on the Sith side to give a better challenge to the Republic guilds.

I am trying hard to find what I am looking for far as PvP players, and its dam hard to find the right formula for success when it comes to organized PvP. I have kicked over activity, to complete garbage when it comes to being apart of a guild on a mission.

Maybe I am just picky or least a elitist by standard. :p

Edited by Caeliux

Empire side on fatman does not have good pvp guilds. I think bioware is making empire players unsub just like blizzard with horde players.

When you say about balance all I can say is that it's a big lie, why?...cause 75% pub side pvp players are already good geared cause they farm comms faster and that means you can buy war hero in less then a week. That's why I mention it earlier solo Q system should be separate by valor and gear.

Edited by maooo

Hold on, so the system isnt even looking to match premades against other premades? I was under the impression that the system loooked for compatible groups first, let's say the first 2 minutes, and then, as a last resort, just matched people randomely. It's bad if it's just matching randomely but it's probably even worse if not even the Fatman can match premades against eachother if there's such a function in the system. The latter would mean that not even the most active server in the game has the population to support healthy warzones.

This is why I've frequently posted on these boards that the system actually prioritizes premade vs. PUG. It would rather keep solo players on the sidelines while prioritizing premades, but won't actually pit premades vs premades. It's actually pretty rare to see premade vs premade.

God knows I've played enough warzones to test this. I've even dropped out of warzones to test, and right into another wz where it's either a premade on my team vs a full PUG on the opposing, or another opposing premade. There are certainly enough premades on Fatman to support premade vs premade...IF BIOWARE SET THE SYSTEM UP TO ACTUALLY DO THAT.

Also premades don't get backfilled.

The dev team is just utterly incompetent.

Republic is way more organised then the imps on the fatman.

and even though the imps have some decent pvp guilds i never seem to get in those battles when i am on my own.

Im serious when i say that 90% of the battles i get into by myself or with 1 guildie i end up against fight and vertigo and not just 4, most of the times they get 5 or 6 in :S.

23 battles lost in a row>>>>>> yeah i feel ya, and im also one of those that likes a challenge but when this situation becomes a daily thing and the daily mission takes a week to complete while the weekly can take up to 3 weeks! (before they changed it) its no longer a challenge its pretty much killing the game for me.

The only time i know i got a 50% chance to win is when i fight the imps vs imps fights and even then i seem to get the stupid team.

Im not some godlike player or dont claim to be like many but i know my class and i know what i can do and im definatly no baddie. but the BIGGEST problem with the imps on the fatman puggroups is the fact they are so used to losing nowadays they give up less then 1 minute into the fight when things are not going their way where as the republic fights until the bitter end!

When you try to give your team a plan you get cursed at, flamed at or told to **** that pretty much sums it up.

Leechers, afk players doubleteamers i have seen it all and until recently i got mad about it but now i am so used to losing myself i basicly laugh it off and when i win i pretty much **** in my pants but with imps winratio i dont even get dirty underwear :(

The worst thing is that there is nothing a individual can do about it!

Republic is way more organised then the imps on the fatman.

and even though the imps have some decent pvp guilds i never seem to get in those battles when i am on my own.

Im serious when i say that 90% of the battles i get into by myself or with 1 guildie i end up against fight and vertigo and not just 4, most of the times they get 5 or 6 in :S.

23 battles lost in a row>>>>>> yeah i feel ya, and im also one of those that likes a challenge but when this situation becomes a daily thing and the daily mission takes a week to complete while the weekly can take up to 3 weeks! (before they changed it) its no longer a challenge its pretty much killing the game for me.

The only time i know i got a 50% chance to win is when i fight the imps vs imps fights and even then i seem to get the stupid team.

Im not some godlike player or dont claim to be like many but i know my class and i know what i can do and im definatly no baddie. but the BIGGEST problem with the imps on the fatman puggroups is the fact they are so used to losing nowadays they give up less then 1 minute into the fight when things are not going their way where as the republic fights until the bitter end!

When you try to give your team a plan you get cursed at, flamed at or told to **** that pretty much sums it up.

Leechers, afk players doubleteamers i have seen it all and until recently i got mad about it but now i am so used to losing myself i basicly laugh it off and when i win i pretty much **** in my pants but with imps winratio i dont even get dirty underwear :(

The worst thing is that there is nothing a individual can do about it!

^sums it up on Fatman. I am valor 74. I hit level 50 two weeks ago (indicative of my PvP activity). I am burned out on imperial loss. I play a sniper and I play it well. Anytime you suggest tactic or reason you are flamed. People show up in rags to fight and follow no objective. 4/5 of my matches are against premades and without voice chat and some consensus; winning is not likely.

This game has good classes and fun PvP but, the matching system is terrible. I am geared well, gear me against geared players... Don't group me with beginners. When the ranking system comes out it will be based around teams. I have yet to really hit it off socially (strange premise). Most people in general chat are a.hats with the sarcasm that is most pronounced in defiant children.

Unfortunately the teams worth joining are pretty well set and are not expanding. All others are casual groups of friends. I will take my time elsewhere. Perhaps diablo 3 will be more attractive. I don't game for companionship, I game to compete. I hope my type is not lost among the dev's target demographics.

Momma'slil'man.

Funny name. Serious face :)

I think the main problem is that the empire attract more person than republic, so mainly the middle age kid join Empire.....

This bring them in wz with idea to do only damage, cuz yeah most of the sorcerer after 1.2, went DPS, there are good healers sorc but mostly are DPS, on the republic said viceversa mostly went healer..... so in many wz with a bounch of kid unable to play, outgeared, DPS spec, without Healers, is a lost 99% of the time.

To this we have to add that after 1.2 many person left cuz high output of damage taken by Sentinel/Marauder, Vanguard that is ridicolous and the one that didnt left is rerolling an alt..... :rolleyes:

Its simple really the problem is you are in those 23 matches in a row remember theres more then just your wz going on im sure other teams winning just they dont have sucky you dragging them down lols

On Helm of Grausch the very similar situation is happening, the republic guild Foundation Stone premades all day in warzones and is extremely hard to win against (and a few are suspicious of hacking), I've gone several warzones without a win and even with a coordinated premade it's just not possible, usually we only get a win against other imps. Guilds like that on a lower populated server is part of what's killing pvp on the imp side and we're left with casuals queuing which makes the situation even worse. Edited by Sookster

./cry

queue up with someone and not solo, change how you approach the problem; dont run to mommy and daddy to fix it for you.

they won't give you a buff and/or nerf the opponents b/c you lost xx matches in a row; you're not always playing with the same team against the same opponents - among several other reasons.

i queue with, most of the time, one or, at most, two other people; we'll easily win 3/5 or 4/5 on a good night. even solo my win ratio is well above 50% regardless of which faction i'm playing that evening.

Lol i've been playing and reading some replies. Now im in 29 lost. Like I said before we need a buff when we lose

I solo queue for the vast majority of my WZs, and I tend to be on the winning team in the vast majority of my WZs. To some extent, this is map dependent. For example, Imp v. Pub Huttball is often a disaster in favor of the Pubs. Superior coordination and better class composition tends to carry the day, and I have been part of a lot of ugly and (mercifully) short Huttball matches.

We Imps tend to do a lot better on the other three maps. In my experience, and from my memory of the last week or so (admittedly a non-significant sample size), Imps tend to be at least 50-50 in both Civil War and Novare, and I tend to be on a winning Imp team in Voidstar in the vast majority of cases.

That all being said, there are three problems I constantly see in my WZs, both winning and losing ones.

1. Imps do not like to defend nodes

Every Imp on the server has experienced this probably once in the last 30 minutes. You have a nice 6-2 split on your nodes at Novare/CW/Voidstar doors, and one side calls out a furious "3 INC EAST, HELP!!". Immediately, every single player leaves that strong 6 man node and dives towards the 2 man node. If you are lucky, you have the presence of mind to wait for everyone else to leave, so at least you can guard it on your own. if you are REALLY lucky, one person will stay with you. But most of the time, you will immediately respond to the incoming call, only to be followed 5 seconds later by the entire team. The result is always that the previously held node gets taken.

2. Imps do not like to focus healers

Imps tend to have a lot of damage and not a lot of healers. Given the way Expertise scales, a foreigner to Fatman might think that Imps can burn through healers in 3 seconds. It turns out that even if you slap the big targeting sign on top of a healer, you are unlikely to have more than 2 people focus the healer. Maybe 3, if you are playing with an exceptionally competent team. Because Pubs tend to roll with at least 2 healers on their team, you need at least 3-4 damage guys burning down a guarded, taunt defended, double healing Healer. Turns out this doesn't happen a lot, and when it doesn't happen, you tend to lose.

3. Imps love to give up

If the other team scores in the first minute in Huttball, or takes 2 nodes in the first minute on Novare/CW, or blows a door in the first minute in Voidstar, it is almost always time to leave, AFK, or farm defender points. Pubs tend to get their **** together and muster a better defense. Imps head for the hills.

Edited by ktkenshinx

FYI: The Fatman used to be Imperial dominant. It wasn't long ago when the WZ win/loss ratio was more like 60:40 in their favor. This was mainly due to the Republic not playing viable PvP classes (Jedi bad Masters and lolgrav round specs all over). Most have re-rolled to professions worth playing, with group play in mind, namely healers. Several solid Imperial guilds have left, as well as some of the Republic guilds.

However...

When most servers began to crumble, due to this games PvP being near awful, the server saw a gigantic influx of re-rolls that have re-vitalized the "balance". At the time when peeps asked about what was needed, many had said roll Republic due to skill ratio, so the server saw a solid uptick in Republic play. Honestly, I've seen more RP guilds roll Imperial of late, Ruin being one of them (which are so bad at PvP lol), which has not helped matters.

Having said that, Republic is doing better than the Imperials atm, but I do think overall it's not a horrendous shift. IMO, the 2 best guilds on the server are indeed Imperial, with STS and T.W.A.T leading the charge. If the Imperials picked up a few more solid guilds, things would be fine. Also geeR hacks /guildwaypoint

Signed,

King of bads.

Edited by Pistols

Hey, come to Hyperspace Cannon as an Empire player.

Goof Troop everywhere on PvP, Hype, Rixen, Protree... all these republic players and their guilds are ripping us apart and I can safely say I've only won 4 games the last 2 days because the Empire teams are absolutely abysmal. They seem to just want to play their own way and not as a team since about 3 - 4 of them wander around in a warzone and not group up when supposed to. When we have an actual team and a good ops leader giving directions, we faceroll everybody and nobody stood a chance.

I