Subdivision of bioware made star wars

Moofausa

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

woah pretty harsh comments here, where's the love for bioware?? all gone by now?

The game is really not THAT bad...

And every day that they do or say nothing, its only getting worse..

But its getting pretty sad, every day this games future seems even worse, and for all we know we have alot of days until they fix anything.

Sherwood Park is a large hamlet in Alberta, Canada within Strathcona County that is recognized as an urban service area. It is located adjacent to the City of Edmonton's eastern boundary, generally south of Highway 16 (Yellowhead Trail), west of Highway 21 and north of Highway 630 (Wye Road).

A suburb of Edmonton...

Hence... BioWare Edmonton.

Sorry pal, but I live here. Don't try representing facts when you don't know them.

Also, when you use wiki, try grabbing the whole part instead of the part you want to try to represent as fact

Edited by Skidrowbro

DA2 -> ME3 ending -> SWTOR... progressively worse.

The next one is C&C : generals 2. A STR.

Bioware died the day they were bought by EA. Remember when they put passion before profit, like when they did Jade Empire instead of KOTOR 2 ? Well, it's over.

Sorry pal, but I live here. Don't try representing facts when you don't know them.

Also, when you use wiki, try grabbing the whole part instead of the part you want to try to represent as fact

http://www.bioware.com/careers/edmonton

The BioWare Edmonton studio is located in Edmonton, Alberta Canada - offering the benefit of a high overall quality of life within a clean, un-crowded environment. Edmonton is a fast-growing city offering the feel of a small community with the amenities of a large metropolis. We are known as Festival City staging over 30 major festivals a year! Edmonton is also one of Canada's premier research and education centres earning Edmonton the title of a Smart City.

The BioWare Edmonton studio is located in Edmonton, Alberta Canada - offering the benefit of a high overall quality of life within a clean, un-crowded environment. Edmonton is a fast-growing city offering the feel of a small community with the amenities of a large metropolis. We are known as Festival City staging over 30 major festivals a year! Edmonton is also one of Canada's premier research and education centres earning Edmonton the title of a Smart City.

Man, they used to be located on Whyte Ave and have relocated to Sherwood Park, Alberta.

This game was made by the B team for sure, did you see how unprofessional and unsure of themselves they were during the guild summit? The head PvP guy was terrified and you could hardly hear him speak...

This game wont even be a top 10 mmo 5 months from now. Bioware is dead to me, it's clear they are a gimmick company riding off this silly story/voice acting platform.

There dead to you yet you keep posting on their forums :D

woah pretty harsh comments here, where's the love for bioware?? all gone by now?

The game is really not THAT bad...

dont think i can say i actually loved bioware

there single player rpgs were crippled with bugs,and from swtor.apparently they cant even make good mmos eather

Edited by CrunkShizzle

dont think i can say i actually loved bioware

there single player rpgs were crippled with bugs,and from swtor.apparently they cant even make good mmos eather

Can you name a game that gets released this day and age that doesn't need to get patched within it's first month due to bugs?

Even Bioware calls it Edmonton

:rolleyes:

Also, I work for Dish Network, we have a Technician office in Englewood colorado, but officially it is called the Denver Office.

Edited by Wolfeisberg

I live in Edmonton. Do you think they would get much publicity using Sherwood Park, which is a hamlet?

The point is, officially it is Bioware Edmonton. The poster you were trying to correct in the first place, wasn't incorrect in using the terms Bioware Edmonton, even Bioware uses those terms, cause that is the official designation, and is also the office for the HQ. Because it is in suburb of Edmonton is irrelevent.

To put it short, you were wrong in correcting him, since he didn't do anything incorrect in the first place.

Edited by Wolfeisberg

I live in Edmonton. Do you think they would get much publicity using Sherwood Park, which is a hamlet?

Wow....

It isn't as if BioWare keeps the EDMONTON office location a secret. It is right on the contacts page. I see their office every day when I drive into work, in EDMONTON. And yes, they were located on Whyte ave for a long time, but haven't been at that location (above the Chapters book store) for almost 10 years.

DA2 -> ME3 ending -> SWTOR... progressively worse.

Only one of those is a bad game. ME3 is a great game with a bad ending, but the same can be said for the original Star Wars trilogy and everyone got over it. SWTOR is a good game that people expected to be the next WoW. This IS the first MMO Bioware has created and success or fail, they will learn from it and create a better one next time.

So everyone cool your jets and stop blaming Bioware for bad gaming experiences. Every developer out there has a bad game in their roster. Nintendo had Mario is Missing and Luigi's Mansion. Capcom had Megaman X. Bungie had Halo Wars. Sega, pretty much every Sonic game after Adventure. And even then Adventure was okay. The Legend of Zelda on CD-i was the biggest travesty in existence and we all got over it. So if you're going to renounce Bioware, do yourself a favor and just leave the gaming lifestyle. Because your favorite developer will always have their gem titles and their bombs. It freaking happens.

And cut it with the "sold out" crap. 98% of you buy games at Best Buy. You're the last people who should be trying to "rage against the corporate machine".

My sub runs out on the 16th of June. That's "early summer", when MERGES ("TransfersDURP-DE-HURP-DURP") are due. That's pretty much Bioware's last chance to save this game, if anyone is even left after Diablo 3.

Bioware is all but dead to me.

When Dr. Ray Muzyka said "Mass Effect 3 was the best work we've created", I didn't know whether to LOL or /FACEPALMKILLMENOW

Excuse me? No, I don't think so, Doc. Baldurs Gate 2 $*(@&@

Anywho...

DA2 was an utter failure.

ME3 was horribly tarnished by a epic failure of an ending, but otherwise a decent game sure.. but if the ending is that bad, it ruins the entire game.. HELLO?!

The fact that they cannot code their own engine says a lot too. 10-15 years ago, companies wrote their own engines and that made games EPIC. The developers TRUE VISION was realized.

It ain't looking good, in my opinion.

Edited by -Kraxis-

Mythic had the name Bioware inserted at the front, this is why the team that made this is called Bioware Mythic. EA knew the brand name would cause people to buy this without question.

and whats wrong with mythic ? they made the best pvp mmo so far and iam not talking about WAR....

and whats wrong with mythic ? they made the best pvp mmo so far and iam not talking about WAR....

That was a long time ago:) They also haven't replicated the 3 faction system in ages. Has anyone? I think Planetside was the last one?

Edited by Gungan

SWTOR is a good game that people expected to be the next WoW.

THAT'S exactly the problem, why it had to be world of warcraft? Wow is designed to suit a Medieval fantasy game with cartoon characters, Star Wars shouldn't have that approach, as not every single scene of the films is about fighting. In fact, most incredible scenes seen on star wars are aboard starships. According to swtor "star wars feeling":

-When Qui-Gon looks for a spare part of the nebula ship in Episode I, the way to obtain it would have been killing a hundred pit droids in his way to watto's shop, and then killing a "watto boss" that, as a mechanic, wields a giant hydrospan that makes the earth shake.

- When Obi-wan and Luke are looking for a transport to Alderaan they got to Mos Eisley cantina leaving a path of corpses in their way in, only to find a "Han Solo boss" that has a special ability consisting in spawning fierce wookie warriors (oops, no, we got no movements for wookies, i meant trandoshans) to fight alongside him. When you defeat him, he becomes, after a couple of lines, one of your crew and so one of your faithfull allies. Yours and the same as a hundred more players.

- When in Battle of Hoth rebels try to evacuate, you manage to destroy every snowtrooper in echo base (about a couple of hundreds) and so rebels don't have to evacuate from the base. You defeat an AT-AT boss named General Veers that summons TIE-Bombers (rebels congratulate you and give you a prototype chest).

In Endor, when ewoks try to capture you, you manage to kill a dozen ewok tribes and finally the "wicket boss", after defeated, gives you the position of secret entrance to imperial back door to bunker. Then you enter the bunker and instead of taking prisoners, you manage to kill the whole legion the Emperor wanted to use as a trap. Then place 20 explosives as a bonus mission.

Come on, this is Final Fantasy, not Star Wars. I think SWGalaxies approach to Star Wars universe was way CLOSER, emphasizing space and ownership of starfighters, variety of real alien races to choose, ownership of droids and objects that were closely related to the objects and gadgets we were used to see in the films, customizing every aspect of your house, your vehicle, your droids, your starfighter, and so creating a real market with really crafted items extremely diverse to choose, so creating a DEEP universe with so much things to do INCLUDING everything you love so much of your wow clone.

Most Dev teams for MMOs ended up hated

Many said early on that because it wasnt Bioware ( Based in Edmonton) making it, that this would be used as an excuse, same with EAs involvment would be used to justify anything that people felt went wrong with MMOs