Debuff for quitting a PVP match

Quentis

any player that quits a PVP match should be given a 60 minute debuff to prevent them from queing for any warzones.

To see people leave the same match multiple times is not fair to the players involved and trying to win.

You know what pisses me off even more? When I'm the one that enters the warzone and takes the place of someone who bounced out. There would be like 3 mins left in a huttball match - - - now i like huttball, its my favorite one, but i dont want to enter the match losing 4-0 with 3 mins left.

So OP I feel your pain, I never . . . . . never leave warzones early unless there is a catastrophe going on at my house. I dont know what the penalty should be, but there most certainly should be one. An hour???? I don't know about that. How do you determine someone who really had to leave over some sore loser who wanted to requeue because he really, really hates being in WZ's with a couple level 15's.

What if your internet connection goes down?? What then??? I agree a penalty should be an order of some sort . . . . lets do some brainstorming on what that should be.

I agree with this.

On a funnier note: The other night on The Harbinger in a Voidstar match, we (Repubs) started out as defenders and the west door was breached rather fast. A player named "Tuffin-up" (see the irony?) quit the match. We ended up winning.

Lol 60 minutes, no way

I agree, an hour is too harsh. 15 min would do it.

What if your internet connection goes down?? What then??? I agree a penalty should be an order of some sort . . . . lets do some brainstorming on what that should be.

I also think that this penalty should be given to only those who MANUALLY leave the game or clicking the Leave WZ button.

Anyone who get's DC'd or CTD'd should not be given the 15 min penalty because it wasn't their fault they left the WZ early

I also think that this penalty should be given to only those who MANUALLY leave the game or clicking the Leave WZ button.

Anyone who get's DC'd or CTD'd should not be given the 15 min penalty because it wasn't their fault they left the WZ early

Problem here is that people will just pull the plug or alt+f4. Friends and I used to do that years ago to no lose points in battlenet. It stinks but a 15 min penalty for whatever reason works the best.

Also in the case of a D/C it would be fair to allow the timer to tick while being offline. I am not sure if this is the case currently or not. But if you D/C your spot should immediately be filled by the next person in que. No waiting to see if you come back.

This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. The problem is you have to make the punishment severe enough that it discourages the behavior you are trying to alter while still making allowances for legitimate problems.

I think there should be a relatively long debuff that prevents players from queing for another another warzone if they choose to leave the warzone (i.e. they hit leave warzone). Personally i think it should be about an hour though I doubt that long would ever be implemented. My thought is if you agree to enter a warzone you are committing to helping your team win. When you hit the leave button, no matter whether it's because you're a jerk or someone is at the door, you do harm that teams chances of winning. Yes occasionally someone will complain because something happened in real life that caused them to leave but it only took 5 minutes to handle and now they have to wait 55 minutes to get back in a warzone. The opposite of this is if you make it really short to accommodate the real life problem people then you really aren't deterring the problem people (win fishers, etc), they'll just go to the bathroom, get a drink, etc. So, while I like an hour it's not realistic but I feel that 15 minutes is too short and that the compromise is 30 minutes.

The debuff should be the same for people who are DC'ed or vote-kicked. If you make a DC/vote-kick trigger a shorter warzone que debuff then people will start gaming the system. If they want out they'll either AFK to be vote-kicked or unplug their router to get that shorter debuff time.

With that being said there would need to be a mechanism to challenge unfair vote-kicks. We've all seen the situation where someone doesn't like another player or determines that said player isn't doing their part (and is wrong in their determination) and calls in chat to "vote-kick so & so." Heck, I had a guy a couple days ago say in chat to kick me that I was AFK. At the time I was defending a node that I had capped and there were no enemy in the area. But since I wasn't hopping around like a rabbit on crack I had to be AFK. A player should be able to challenge a vote-kick and it initiate an investigation and if a GM looks at activity and chat logs and determines that people were attempting to vote-kick someone that did not deserve it then their penalty should be severe. Something in the neighborhood of a 48-hour ban. Yea some guys will get extremely pissed at first but the behavior will be curbed really quick.

Just my thoughts, any opinions?

There are worse problems with war zones than players quitting. Sometimes the war zones randomly crash the game or computer. There are the problems with the hackers that make war zones no fun because of cheating. You have to get one medal which can be difficult if you come in late or are against a really well organized team that camps the entrance point for the opposing team. Then there are the matches with uneven odds 3 to 8, 4 to 8, 5 to 8 for more than 2 minutes.

Wait til the next update before adding anything like a debuff to the game. Rated war zones and cross server war zones should help. Cross server war zones should help with the uneven odds and rated war zones should separate the mad dog pvpers from the casual players. Also having the ability to choose which war zone to enter should help avoid players quitting because they hate one or two specific war zone.